• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed if true. But I have seen many retractions after the fact that are not true. Domestic violence is a complicated and messy business. However if it came earlier it certainly would have gone further to help the program keep him and save face.

Also, I want to watch the glorious .gifs, but my phone is dying trying to load the page.

Edit: and the new page saves me, but has significantly less orange goodness.
To be clear, Tennnessee orange doesn't count as goodness. Do we even have any Vols on board?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
To be fair, Andy and his fellow Georgia fans are the only ones who give Georgia Tech fans shit. Nobody else cares.

The other schools, though, you are correct. You should feel bad for pulling for them. Especially Notre Dame. I can't even fathom why you'd pull for them, given your criteria for picking schools to pull for.

Thats not entirely true. Most Duke football fans I know (all 10 of us) hate GT...or Paul Johnson more accurately. We also hate UNC, VT, and Miami and we don't particularly like anyone else in the ACC. We will root for all ACC teams in bowls minus UNC (and Miami last year). I didn't root for Clemson because of Alabama but I wouldn't have been too upset had they won.

El_Chino

Agreed if true. But I have seen many retractions after the fact that are not true. Domestic violence is a complicated and messy business. However if it came earlier it certainly would have gone further to help the program keep him and save face.

Also, I want to watch the glorious .gifs, but my phone is dying trying to load the page.

Edit: and the new page saves me, but has significantly less orange goodness.
To be clear, Tennnessee orange doesn't count as goodness. Do we even have any Vols on board?
Can Auburn take him back?

Incarnate Word and Northwestern St. are also playing but I can't find a video link. I think most of CFB is off today because it's opening day for the NFL.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Incarnate Word and Northwestern St. are also playing but I can't find a video link. I think most of CFB is off today because it's opening day for the NFL.

I found it, see my edits. There's also a handful of DII/III/NAIA teams playing too, but I doubt I'll find streaming for those.

Balphon

Thursday games start next week.

Weirdly enough, either Houston or Clemson is playing on Thursday or Friday in weeks 3-6. Even weirder, Houston is playing only 66% of its schedule on Saturdays.

You've made a powerful enemy today, Sun Devils.

My hatred for Texas Tech still sustains me.

Never forget.

Texas Tech sucks!

Edit: Apparently Texas Tech & TCU have a trophy game. It's for a Saddle Trophy. Only reason this game is relevant is because it's one of the games that the far superior TCU squad must play on their road to possible contention.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
For the Motherland!

NU_Prop_Poster_v3.jpg

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Ehh... Saying this is a shit weekend would be an understatement...

Florida-Kentucky is hopefully delightfully chaotic

Lkr

What's it like to wake up and not have someone with the last name Aguayo kicking field goals for your school?

Cam newtons head almost taken off via a helmet to helmet to hit. 15 yard penalty.

Look at a QBs head weird from 15 yards away in College? Ejection.

FOOTBAAAAW

I don't give GT a lot of crap anymore. I leave that up to everyone else. It's low hanging fruit for me. They beat us rarely enough that it's not a very fun rivalry anymore. Doesn't matter much when we win, but when we lose they never let us hear the end of it.
The GT-UGA series is honestly a waste of time at this point for both programs. I wouldn't mind seeing it end. If we scheduled someone else then maybe the season ticket holders around me might actually go to the game instead of selling their tickets to the opposing teams fans.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Dat spirit of amateurism with student coming before athlete. What a utopia the NCAA wants us to believe in.
The dreaded book money strikes another school. The NCAA's priorities be fucked, yo.

FSU better not lose for real for real now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't give GT a lot of crap anymore. I leave that up to everyone else. It's low hanging fruit for me. They beat us rarely enough that it's not a very fun rivalry anymore. Doesn't matter much when we win, but when we lose they never let us hear the end of it.

I don't even mind the playful ribbing.

Bigger problem is a lot of UGA grads and families are fine. It's a lot of the middle of nowhere sidewalk rednecks that always took it over the edge.

That being said I hate my own fairweather fanbase. Can't tell you how many comments around the 2014 Rose Bowl I got for being a GT fan or wearing GT gear.

Where the fuck were all of you last year? Crickets chirping mother fuckers.

So yeah UGA's problem is the sidewalk rednecks that take this shit too seriously. GT's problem is the fans that pop up when we are great like once a decade then fade to black.

andycapps

Bigger problem is a lot of UGA grads and families are fine. It's a lot of the middle of nowhere sidewalk rednecks that always took it over the edge.

That being said I hate my own fairweather fanbase. Can't tell you how many comments around the 2014 Rose Bowl I got for being a GT fan or wearing GT gear.

So yeah UGA's problem is the sidewalk rednecks that take this shit too seriously. GT's problem is the fans that pop up when we are great like once a decade then fade to black.
Agree on all that. I think you'd find that most of the obnoxious UGA fans you call sidewalk rednecks didn't go to school there. Most alumni are pretty reasonable.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
All that beer probably getting skunked sitting in that hot ass sun.

Skunking happens through light exposure and is basically impossible through brown glass, much less cardboard.

Skunking refers to the cleaving of hop compounds that then bind to sulfur already present in the beer to form a mercaptan that is effectively identical to the active ingredient in a skunk's spray. So skunked beer literally smells like skunk spray. While brown glass is very effective at filtering out the spectrum of light that causes skunking to happen, green and clear glass are useless at it. The skunking can happen really rapidly too. I can usually notice a difference after just a few minutes in direct sunlight when I'm drinking a hoppy beer in a glass out in the sun.

Heat accelerates oxidative reactions though and can lead to much quicker staling.

That's actually a pretty fair assessment.

Skunking happens through light exposure and is basically impossible through brown glass, much less cardboard.

Skunking refers to the cleaving of hop compounds that then bind to sulfur already present in the beer to form a mercaptan that is effectively identical to the active ingredient in a skunk's spray. So skunked beer literally smells like skunk spray. While brown glass is very effective at filtering out the spectrum of light that causes skunking to happen, green and clear glass are useless at it. The skunking can happen really rapidly too. I can usually notice a difference after just a few minutes in direct sunlight when I'm drinking a hoppy beer in a glass out in the sun.

Heat accelerates oxidative reactions though and can lead to much quicker staling.
Im convinced skunking the beer is a step in Heineken's brewing process.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Im convinced skunking the beer is a step in Heineken's brewing process.

Nah, canned Heineken is clean. It's just the green glass that lets it happen.

A few beers use a special hop extract that prevents skunking from happening. Namely High Life. So they can use clear glass without the worry of skunking.

Karl2177

Time for our annual nothing to gain, everything to lose game against Iowa State.

This year especially. If y'all lose to us, it doesn't matter if you ended up winning the B1G, they'd hold the ISU loss as a way to keep you out of the playoff.

Ah yes, ¡El Assico!. A tradition to be looked forward to.
This sums it up pretty well. It was decent to watch in the early-mid 2000s, but since then it's been a 2 sided shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom