• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks game poster:

201602-game-poster.jpg.pagespeed.ce.l6RF49JuNc.jpg

Smh at the people talking shit about Charie Strong. Talked to him a few times at UF, guy is a class act and a great example as a coach and human being.

Greenymac

They're all tiny and they suck, like the rest of South Georgia.

C-Bus Woot Wooooot

I went to VSU and had some of the Wildest nights of my life in this town. Its not the same cause Im a family man and just hang now , but Valdostas different. Lived in Albany until my young teens. IT sucks. So many people in Valdosta for school or the air force base its actually not bad.

Smh at the people talking shit about Charie Strong. Talked to him a few times at UF, guy is a class act and a great example as a coach and human being.
Fuck him and his "better team lost" crap when UCF walked in there and ate his and Bridgewater's lunch.

andycapps

I went to VSU and had some of the Wildest nights of my life in this town. Its not the same cause Im a family man and just hang now , but Valdostas different. Lived in Albany until my young teens. IT sucks. So many people in Valdosta for school or the air force base its actually not bad.
I'll stick with Athens when I eventually move back home.

Ganhyun

This is glorious. I'm not all alone anymore. Before it was just me and then during the season we had Ghanyun and maybe Enron. Putting up the bat signal for them.

True on Macon and Columbus. Savannah is a really cool town though. Augusta is literally part of South Carolina. At least North Augusta.

I'm here. Haven't posted much because of work and life stuff, but I'm here Andy.

Good to see more Dawg fans.

Also, isn't Enron permed? Or did I mis-remember that?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wWZgPNq.png

Will be sad once the games over and done with. These have been funny to look at, every time I do.

The other schools, though, you are correct. You should feel bad for pulling for them. Especially Notre Dame. I can't even fathom why you'd pull for them, given your criteria for picking schools to pull for.

Notre Dame is the school which I have the most close relationship to as some very good family friends went to school there and I even own a ND jacket which they gave to me a few years ago (well before I knew about college football). Its the only bit of college paraphernalia I own.

I also went to a catholic school (the same as my father's) for primary and high school, so I can sort of relate to ND in that sense.

Notre Dame is the school which I have the most close relationship to as some very good family friends went to school there and I even own a ND jacket which they gave to me a few years ago (well before I knew about college football). Its the only bit of college paraphernalia I own.

I also went to a catholic school (the same as my father's) for primary and high school, so I can sort of relate to ND in that sense.

For future reference, if you ever want me to pick something up from the book store for you when I go up there for a game, let me know.

cdyhybrid

$9.95 was doing an examination of player participation (how many players actually get into games) under Coach Pete since he's widely considered great at developing talent and he's always talking about not knowing what he has until he sees it on the field in a game.

Only one team in the conference has played more players on average per game than him in his two seasons here - Stanford. He also played more players than practically everyone he faced while at Boise State, at least as far back as they measured that sort of thing.

Not a silver bullet revelation or anything, just something interesting.

$9.95 was doing an examination of player participation (how many players actually get into games) under Coach Pete since he's widely considered great at developing talent and he's always talking about not knowing what he has until he sees it on the field in a game.

Only one team in the conference has played more players on average per game than him in his two seasons here - Stanford. He also played more players than practically everyone he faced while at Boise State, at least as far back as they measured that sort of thing.

Not a silver bullet revelation or anything, just something interesting.

Harbaugh played 17 true freshmen against Hawaii. As he sees it, if they're good enough get 'em on the field. Builds depth and they're prepared when conference play rolls around. Glad to see them get the playing time. Gonna be interesting to see how the PAC-12 plays out going forward.

Lonestar

Harbaugh played 17 true freshmen against Hawaii. As he sees it, if they're good enough get 'em on the field. Builds depth and they're prepared when conference play rolls around. Glad to see them get the playing time. Gonna be interesting to see how the PAC-12 plays out going forward.

Alabama played 10 or 11 true freshmen against USCw (Shy Carter was on the field, but not on the participation list)

Notre Dame game was the most fun and electric sporting event I've even been to (that I was happy with the result). I'm hoping we can go out and bully UTEP this week and maybe break the top 10.

cdyhybrid

Alabama played 10 or 11 true freshmen against USCw (Shy Carter was on the field, but not on the participation list)

I'm surprised a team as stacked with talent as Bama would play that many true freshmen. I would think you'd be able to redshirt everyone because they'd have quality talent in front of them.

I'm surprised a team as stacked with talent as Bama would play that many true freshmen. I would think you'd be able to redshirt everyone because they'd have quality talent in front of them.

I wonder how many of those 10 freshmen were put in after they were up by 40+ points. I doubt many were starters

Lonestar

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/9/5/12805032/ten-alabama-true-freshmen-saw-action-against-southern-cal-football-tide

Think maybe half of them had noticeable contributions, and the rest might have shown up late or appeared on special teams.

Alabama has probably hit the stage where it's OK to burn red shirts ( or never give one ), because future players are already coming along, and more and more players are leaving for the NFL.

Michigan, and I think Bama, have a lot of upperclassmen that will be gone after this season. Have to plan for the future.

Lonestar

Michigan, and I think Bama, have a lot of upperclassmen that will be gone after this season. Have to plan for the future.

I'd guess at least 10 starting level players are seniors or guaranteed early entry NFL, a lot of the defense

Eddie Jackson, Tim Williams, Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster, Ryan Anderson, Dalvin Tomlinson, Adam Griffith, OJ Howard, Cam Robinson

There's 2-4 more that might go early too. So yeah, got to get the next batch going.

jfkgoblue

Notre Dame game was the most fun and electric sporting event I've even been to (that I was happy with the result). I'm hoping we can go out and bully UTEP this week and maybe break the top 10.
That's very doubtful to happen this week looking at the match ups, not a single top 10 team should even come close to losing

andycapps

A new episode of The Decided Schematic Advantage is now up. Search for it in your podcast app of choice or in iTunes, listen here or subscribe here.

Episode 6: Tejas is Flying Higher than a Scissor Lift

We discuss rankings, Tennessee holds off App State, Bama breaks USC's will to live, UGA beats the Tarheels, and Clemson survived the Wartiglesmen.

We also discuss the games of the week: Tennessee vs Virginia Tech at the Bristol Motor Speedway and Indiana vs Ball State somewhere in Indiana.

Small discussion of Narcos Season 2, no spoilers.

I meant to bring it up while we were talking about the Clemson game, but true freshman DT sensation Dexter Lawrence got some playing time this weekend. Played only 37 snaps. In that time, he registered 10 tackles, 1 TFL, and a sack.

I meant to bring it up while we were talking about the Clemson game, but true freshman DT sensation Dexter Lawrence got some playing time this weekend. Played only 37 snaps. In that time, he registered 10 tackles, 1 TFL, and a sack.

He looked like a star from the get-go. I'm really excited to watch him develop in future games.

Krejlooc

Banned
SWOOPES!

Is this the game winner? I actually never saw the play since I had to put my phone on airplane mode right before it.

yep, that's the game winner. I can't capture long enough to include both the dive and the open field tackle he side steps in the beginning, though.

Dude broke like 10 goddamn tackles on those last 2 plays.

I'm having a sad football week.

I don't get to go to the high school game tomorrow. I don't get to go to the rinky-dink college game on Saturday. My bf is going to a "bachelor party" (is it a party if it's 3 people?) that involves going to the Ohio State game.

And I get to stay at home and watch it. But, plus side, I got to get Star Wars sheets. So....it's been a good day?

I also bought an Ohio State hat today. But...>I'll never wear it.

Also go UCF against Michigan! I believe you can
lose by less than 30
do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom