• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Messi

It's like one big giant 22 page gatefold that you have to manipulate and play with to get the real end of the story. It sounds super ambitious and pretty cool.

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna get a physical copy. I wonder how the digital one reads.

seen the spiderverse hardcover today for 80 euro, was gonna cancel my order a few days ago but it looks awesome and I loved the story.

KaeJAjX.png

was like

oh_yeah_obama.gif

daylight robbery.

Really though, what are the chances that three highly praised runs all have some kind of a big conclusion today? Multiversity, Batman, and Hickman stuff. I feel like everyone has something big to read today.

Messi

Really though, what are the chances that three highly praised runs all have some kind of a big conclusion today? Multiversity, Batman, and Hickman stuff. I feel like everyone has something big to read today.

Today is the day we get to see if this is the issue where Kimber knocks Jem the fuck out.

tim1138

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna get a physical copy. I wonder how the digital one reads.

seen the spiderverse hardcover today for 80 euro, was gonna cancel my order a few days ago but it looks awesome and I loved the story.

KaeJAjX.png

was like

oh_yeah_obama.gif

daylight robbery.

I got the same price glitch on Amazon as well. Think my preorder price was $25ish, at that price I figure I'll at leaat make it all back if I hate it and sell it.

Just finished Batman and it was fucking great. Was the Batman stuff already spoiled in all the solicits? That kind of sucks. I don't tend to read them so I had no idea what was going to happen and was pretty impressed.

LosDaddie

Banned
ComicsGAF, is/was SpiderVerse a good read? Worth buying the hardcover?

I see the book on IST for half off this week. I'm considering getting SpiderVerse and Axis....

Hagi

AXISAXISAXISAXIS was pretty bad, the Deadpool stuff was cool at least. Remender peaked at Uncanny X-Force for me. I haven't really liked any of his Marvel output since.

New Avengers Question

What did Doom throw at the Beyonders? Is that the fabled roof of the Baxter Building?
Charged by Gambit to explain the glow.
Nope, no idea. The page where he shows Strange what he intends to do is voluntarily opaque. The terrible effect of his plan seems predictable though, as Strange's horror indicates.
I expect a full explanation in Secret Wars. Hell, this is probably the reason something survives while everything dies.

Edit: Axis was utter shit and at least, SW will be useful to get rid of Remender's awful ideas.

Is Johns suggesting Anti Monitor used to be a New God called Mobius? It's pretty much the part I'm kinda eh on...
That
or any kind of primeval being. I could see Johns saying he's an Old God dude or something. That's the kind of shit Johns does.

That would fly in the face of that notion I've willfully held forever that before the New Gods, the Old Gods were Asgardians.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, somebody tell me if the Secret Avengers ending was as great as the rest of the run. Just kidding, I know it's going to be.

Not sure, though I would dig it.

I'd kinda like it if
Anti Monitor was one of the Old Gods, from before the Fourth World...and was their version of Metron, before becoming an analogue to the Monitor and he then becomes the great destroyer...wait a sec, that's starting to sound a bit Rabum Alal-ish...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I miss chatting with you guys about comics.
Comics reading will make its return to my life though. It's just a matter of time.

LosDaddie

Banned
Don't get Axis. It's not good. Spiderverse was a lot of fun, I'd recommend checking it out.

SpiderVerse yes if you like SpiderMen. No on Axis on all fronts.

Only get AXIS if you're actively looking to cause yourself pain.

I can't argue with this. Bad Art Is The Mind Killer.

AXISAXISAXISAXIS was pretty bad, the Deadpool stuff was cool at least. Remender peaked at Uncanny X-Force for me. I haven't really liked any of his Marvel output since.

Thanks. I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan, but I heard SpiderVerse was fun. For half-off, it might be worth it.

As for Axis, I have the Uncanny Avengers omnibus and I thought Axis was the proper conclusion to the series.

Thanks. I'm not a huge Spider-Man fan, but I heard SpiderVerse was fun. For half-off, it might be worth it.

As for Axis, I have the Uncanny Avengers omnibus and I thought Axis was the proper conclusion to the series.

shit gets real and everyone gets inverted

I summarized all of AXIS for you

So does every beloved comic book writer just keep at it long enough to be hated? It seems like everyone loved the early stuff by Bendis, Remender, Fraction, etc, but eventually come to despise them...

So does every beloved comic book writer just keep at it long enough to be hated? It seems like everyone loved the early stuff by Bendis, Remender, Fraction, etc, but eventually come to despise them...

Only cynics.

No writer has truly stopped delivering great work, even if it's not as consistent as it once was. It takes a very little for a writer to trigger the Entitlement Gene in the comic reading public at large. "Why isn't this like it used to be?" "Why didn't this end the way I predicted on John Byrne's Message Board?" "Why are there female characters in comics?"

Writers don't get worse, their audience does.

Top Bottom