• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

So I go to the LCS and the latest Batman issue #40(normal cover) was already 100% marked up ($10)? The first day it's released onto shelves? I honestly don't think I've ever seen that happen for a book. Did anyone else's stores do this?

Must be a good issue, lol. Can't wait to read it!

The store I go to is owned by a famous comic book creator. He doesn't put up with shit like that and would fire everyone in the place if they tried that bullshit.

Squire

Banned
I wanted to say Kate, too, but Team Hawkguy is hardly "the big leagues." She's not even an Avenger, is she?

Young Avenger, so know.

She could be though. The book makes it clear she's Clint's equal, more or less.

Edit: Actually, it's kinda weird she's not a part of A-Force.

So, reading Endgame now on account of the praise it got around here... when was Alfred's daughter (I think that's who she is) introduced? The issues between Zero Year and Endgame?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You could consider Cannonball and Sunspot from New Mutants to Hickman's Avengers.

I would but like magik on uncanny, that's just 1 run for now, they are still mostly known for new mutants or other stuff

Also didn't cyborg go back to the titans? That doesn't count, I'm talking about permanent switches (or at least switches so long you think about them in that team mostly)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The store I go to is owned by a famous comic book creator. He doesn't put up with shit like that and would fire everyone in the place if they tried that bullshit.

Doesn't Geoff Johns own a comic shop in LA?

Dunbar

Batman #40 and Justice League #40 were awesome.

I didn't understand New Avengers #33/Avengers #44 any more than I have through the entire run, but I'm still ready for Secret Wars.

And I REALLY didn't understand Multiversity. That was nine issues I probably could have skipped.

Jetman

Its a great issue but your store was being incredibly shitty and gouging on the price. I wouldn't go back if my store did that to me.

Wow, ok, glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was odd/fucked up. I guess I could have drove somewhere else to pick it up, just assumed something major went down in that issue, supplies were limited, and all stores were doing this. More of a reason to go all digital, I guess.
I guess I can understand if it sold through, but for management to look through the book, see something major go down, and resticker it for $9.99 seems excessive.

Squire

Banned
I would but like magik on uncanny, that's just 1 run for now, they are still mostly known for new mutants or other stuff

Also didn't cyborg go back to the titans? That doesn't count, I'm talking about permanent switches (or at least switches so long you think about them in that team mostly)

There are worse fates. NM is great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You are all bad people for not telling me this Loki book was awesome. I judge you comic gaf, bunch of harley quinn fanboys is what you are

You are all bad people for not telling me this Loki book was awesome. I judge you comic gaf, bunch of harley quinn fanboys is what you are
If you are liking it you should read Gillen's Journey Into Mystery and his Young Avengers soon too. Agent of Asgard is amazing and it builds up on Gillen's amazing work on Kid Loki.

Rhaknar

If you are liking it you should read Gillen's Journey Into Mystery and his Young Avengers soon too. Agent of Asgard is amazing and it builds up on Gillen's amazing work on Kid Loki.

Which book was kid loki in?

Still haven't read another comic today. I've tried picking up Multiversity and Justice League and get 2-3 pages in and lose interest. Batman and being tired from packing and running around have played a role.

Rhaknar

Journey into Mystery 622-645 (it starts during a tie-in of Fear Itself though) And Gillen's Young Avengers

Ah cool I have that young avengers in my queue, and I've never heard of the other book

On New Avengers / Avengers - I can't tell if Hickman is so up is own ass with is over complicated madness, or a comic book savant the like we will never see again quite like it (like others before him). It's probably a bit of both really. I wonder if he is ecen capable of writing a normal down to earth story, like a spiderman comic or something.

And I mean this in the most loveable way possible, I adore his F4 and now Avengers stuff

Bii

So I go to the LCS and the latest Batman issue #40(normal cover) was already 100% marked up ($10)? The first day it's released onto shelves? I honestly don't think I've ever seen that happen for a book. Did anyone else's stores do this?

Must be a good issue, lol. Can't wait to read it!

My LCS still had at least 10 copies at cover price.

Speaking of which, I just got back and thought I would treat myself to a few extra floppies. I picked up Avengers #44, New Avengers #33 and Multiversity #2, along with Batman #40 and Daredevil #15 that I normally pull. The clerk tells me $27.00 total. I was like "whoa man, for five floppies?!" I completely forgot that some of those Marvel books are $4.99 and Multiversity was $5.99(!).

Zombine

Banned
I like putting morons on full blast because I'm cool like that, but here is a pm I just got:

Transhuman said:
Hi

What is a comic?

And my reply

Zombine said:
george-carlin.jpg

Edit:

And his reply
Transhuman said:

I legit can't even be mad.

Rhaknar

You didn't talk about Loki Messi, all you care about is Batman and lesbians! :p

Dunbar

Spoilers for Convergence #3 and Batman #40

If you think about it, due to the delay on Batman #40, they killed both Earth-1 Batman and Earth-2 Batman almost in the same week. Neat little coincidence.

Vyer

Justice League #40 was a pretty awesome setup.
have we had anything about Darkseid's daughter before? Seems familiar

Justice League #40 was a pretty awesome setup.
have we had anything about Darkseid's daughter before? Seems familiar

I think she was mentioned back in the Origin arc. "The Kryptonian was not brought here for you. He was brought here to become a new breed of soldier. One who will prove vital in the search for the daughter of Darkseid."

Wait, what?! I missed out on more Kid Loki goodness by not knowing about Young Avengers till now? Is this a book I must own if I loved Loki JiM?

I didn't love it as much as other Gillen -Mckelvie joints, and it's kinda messy in parts. But it's a real fun read with the continuation of Loki's story post-Journey into Mystery.
It had awesome art too.

Rhaknar

Oh shit!

Was that the justice league in New Avengers #16? :eek:

Oh shit!

Was that the justice league in New Avengers #16? :eek:

Basically yes.

Man that run was so good. I think I'm gonna re-read all of Hickman's Marvel stuff before Secret Wars #1 hits

edit: FF, Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, New Avengers, Avengers, Infinity, what am I missing?

Rhaknar

Basically yes.

Man that run was so good. I think I'm gonna re-read all of Hickman's Marvel stuff before Secret Wars #1 hits

edit: FF, Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, New Avengers, Avengers, Infinity, what am I missing?

Shield

Edit: beaten

Rhaknar

There's gonna be a issue where they kill the "justice league" isn't there? Hickman you cheeky fuck

Top Bottom