• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Justice League #40 was a pretty awesome setup.
have we had anything about Darkseid's daughter before? Seems familiar

I haven't read JL in a loooong time, but this piqued my interest.
Google image search reveals that DC apparently Rule 63'd Darkseid. XD

JvXsoly.jpg

Just read though Endgame. Fantastic ride. Snyder's horror chops really shone through here, especially in the backup stories and the annual. Dude does an amazing Joker story, and I'm in for the ride. Bring on Appleseed Batman!

Also, I agree with the theory that
the boy and the guy on crutches was Bruce and Damian.

Thought the Grand Society was a stand in for JL
and Dr. Strange already obliterated them.

Really need to dig into Marvel sometime. I just have so much other DC stuff like Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Young Justice, John's GL/Flash, Mark Waid's Flash, Batman Eternal, current GL, Batwoman + more on my plate first.

When you read Batwoman, please, please stop after you finish the Blackman / Williams run. It's for your own good.

I am getting more and more selective so I'll probably do that. With that though now I'm considering getting a hold of Batgirl with Cassandra Cain >_>.

Really need to dig into Marvel sometime. I just have so much other DC stuff like Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Young Justice, John's GL/Flash, Mark Waid's Flash, Batman Eternal, current GL, Batwoman + more on my plate first.

When you read Batwoman, please, please stop after you finish the Blackman / Williams run. It's for your own good.

Just read though Endgame. Fantastic ride. Snyder's horror chops really shone through here, especially in the backup stories and the annual. Dude does an amazing Joker story, and I'm in for the ride. Bring on Appleseed Batman!

Also, I agree with the theory that
the boy and the guy on crutches was Bruce and Damian.

Here is a Spoiler heavy interview with Snyder and Capullo about the future of the series and the fate of some characters.

Also Snyder liked Superior Spider-Man whaaaaaaa

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Batman 40 -> Mutliversity 2 -> Deadly Class 11

This is a fucking great comics day. And I still have Silver Surfer and Bitch Planet and Secret Avengers to read.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The pool of blood being shaped like a cracked heart was one of the least subtle things I've seen in a while. It's not as bad as the hawk-eye thing, but it's close

Don't think it's meant to be subtle--just some excellent imagery. This issue's all about beating you over the fucking head in absurd ways, and it works.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And done with Avengers A.I.

Great little series, a bit on the short side (12 issues) but it's 1 arc so it feels like enough. Would love to see more from doombot but I fear we'll never seen him again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Venom just shows up with Drax out of the blue in Guardians #14? o_O

I guess it was explained in his book?

Filthy Slug

I don't tweet or anything, but that's worth turning into a post. Good stuff.

oh damn, so that's where you guys set up the meetup, huh. I'd post but I need to dedicate some more time to the new album before i do i think
I seriously want more comic-gaf to join us at this Mountain Goats concert in LA. It's going to be weirdly amazing.

Also, just go for a solid drive and rip through the album. But make sure you leave Choked Out on repeat four times or so. It's such an excellent album.

Ouch, stick to the drawing table JRJR. Superman 40 was kinda bad. It would be a better comic as a silent comic as his scripting and choice of words is not in character at all.

Owzers

I'm starting to judge comics based on how many pages would make good wallpaper on my ipad. I have not been amused lately and Ant-Man #3 has changed nothing, i didn't see a single page that stood out.

ElNarez

Banned
Another thing I realized is that Batman #40 is the most elegant answer to the question "Why the heck does Batman not kill the Joker?", and that answer is "because that's not what he fucking does and you're incredibly dense for even bringing it up"

Owzers

Is it so wrong to want at least one page per issue to be inventive and funny and just the slightest bit lewd in order to give your ipad the wallpaper it deserves and not some apple logo or cat chasing a butterfly? No, it's not wrong, I answered that for you all because i didn't want to take any chances.

Rhaknar

Oh... Stephen. That's not cool :(

Everything dies

Edit: these issues with the "justice league" (they actually had a name but I forget what it was) were amazing. Hickman gives the big decision
to use the nuke
incredible gravitas even tho we are used to death being meaningless in comics. Great stuff, the man is truly a mad genius

ReAxion

This is crazy. I'm trying to redeem my code for Inhuman #14 and it's saying the code is for Darth Vader #3.

What is the email for the guy who fixes this again? Someone's posted it here before. (not the normal support email that nobody answers)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is crazy. I'm trying to redeem my code for Inhuman #14 and it's saying the code is for Darth Vader #3.

What is the email for the guy who fixes this again? Someone's posted it here before. (not the normal support email that nobody answers)

Send me a PN, then I remember to look after it when I am at home.

Busaiku

Was anyone else's copy of Sunstone a mess?
Words were poorly scanned, making it a bit harder to read a bunch of stuff. There were bad marks on some pages (nothing too obtrusive, just irks me).

1st book was good.
Maybe it's just my copy that sucks...

Rhaknar

Illuminati playing hot potato with the trigger was horribly funny. Between the general "fuck THAT I'm not doing it" and Strange going "really dude? It's not enough that I just
summoned some nightmarish cthulhu monster that murdered a bunch of people, now you want me to murder a few billion more
? Fuck you Reed", it was a great scene. The outcome was super predictable but still enjoyable.

Top Bottom