• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

I hadn't been keeping up with x-titles in recent years before AvsX, but I don't think I could have missed THAT.

Good lord does this comic look good though.

EDIT: Okay maybe I should have read the solicit blurb on the page, instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.

^That's a good point, but then again Bendis is writing it.
Yeah but that's not much of an excuse when you're capable of writing other characters well.

Look, I get that Logan is not the main character of this book; really, he barely qualifies as a supporting character. But, he is an IMPORTANT character to the x-men universe, because Marvel has made him important in the last few years. They've set up this whole ideology battle between he and Scott, and that's still very much a thing even if we're removed from Schism; the repercussions are still being dealt with. They're still at odds, and they're both the leaders of each side. So I think its important to reinforce the idea that Logan represents that other side, that he is the Xavier to Scott's Erik, even in the small moments, and to keep that in mind when you're writing him in a book like ANXM, so that when those small moments come up, the character makes a good impression, a strong showing, that is consistent with the message.

Tizoc

Haha, I don't care for the characters individually, so when you combine them into a team I'm pretty apathetic. But hey, maybe I just haven't read the right stories?

Heh no prob. mate, I could recommend some really good F4 runs, though it depends on what 'genres' you like, as the stories might not appeal to everyone even though I personally find Mark Waid's run to be the best F4 run, as it really makes me LIKE the characters more as 'characters' than Hickman's run (which is still epic and awesome, but I like Waid's characterization more).

snorggy

Heh no prob. mate, I could recommend some really good F4 runs, though it depends on what 'genres' you like, as the stories might not appeal to everyone even though I personally find Mark Waid's run to be the best F4 run, as it really makes me LIKE the characters more as 'characters' than Hickman's run (which is still epic and awesome, but I like Waid's characterization more).

for future reference, what was waid's run? I'm contemplating checking out the hickman run since there seems to be a lot of people that think pretty highly of it.

for future reference, what was waid's run? I'm contemplating checking out the hickman run since there seems to be a lot of people that think pretty highly of it.

If you can wait, the first volume omnibus for Hickman's run is coming in October, versus collecting all the trades or buying digitally.

bronson

Awesome. But uh, what is going on with Storm's boobs

iFT6t1N.png

Yeah but that's not much of an excuse when you're capable of writing other characters well.

Look, I get that Logan is not the main character of this book; really, he barely qualifies as a supporting character. But, he is an IMPORTANT character to the x-men universe, because Marvel has made him important in the last few years. They've set up this whole ideology battle between he and Scott, and that's still very much a thing even if we're removed from Schism; the repercussions are still being dealt with. They're still at odds, and they're both the leaders of each side. So I think its important to reinforce the idea that Logan represents that other side, that he is the Xavier to Scott's Erik, even in the small moments, and to keep that in mind when you're writing him in a book like ANXM, so that when those small moments come up, the character makes a good impression that is consistent with the message.

I'm completely with you in that aspect. When I read WatXM I read INTO it, Jason Aaron has done an incredible job developing Logan's character and his relationship with his students and I get pissed when Bendis oversimplifies his dialogue with throwaways lines. At the very least Bendis is making Kitty Pryde into what should have been Logan.

Looks fine to me. Her body is twisted at an angle mid-flight. Her neck is twisted a bit to her left.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out why at least two posters brought it up. I've seen Storm fly enough times and the pose didn't look out of place to me at all.

If complaining about the costume, then maybe I'm desensitized but I usually look at their expression first actually. The costume itself is fine.

I'm completely with you in that aspect. When I read WatXM I read INTO it, Jason Aaron has done an incredible job developing Logan's character and his relationship with his students and I get pissed when Bendis oversimplifies his dialogue with throwaways lines. At the very least Bendis is making Kitty Pryde into what should have been Logan.
It's like writing "Che Guevara of the Mutants" for one side, then a "no, YOU shut up" -ping eight year-old for the other, then expecting people to judge both sides of the argument fairly based on representation.

Necrovex

Finally read all of Scott Pilgrim. It was bloody amazing, and I am so happy I waited for the set to come out. I couldn't imagine waiting all those years for this series to be completed.

- Lobster Johnson: Satan Smells a Rat - Don't necessarily want opinions on this particular title, but on Hellboy in general. I always wanted to get into it since the mythology and characters appealed to me, but given how long it's been around, I suspect there's just too much by now to catch up on.

Love me some Lobster Johnson!

What are your opinions on Humphries' Uncanny X-Force? Two issues in and i'm in between on it,

I was hopeful at the beginning, seeing as they were taking a chance on a cool but obscure character like Spiral, but the book just hasn't done anything for me. Its been mildly entertaining at best. Certainly not worth $3.99... Especially after Remender's run.

I was hopeful at the beginning, seeing as they were taking a chance on a cool but obscure character like Spiral, but the book just hasn't done anything for me. Its been mildly entertaining at best. Certainly not worth $3.99... Especially after Remender's run.

It'll be hard for anyone writing an X-Force book to top Remender's run.

Edit: X-Force dammit, I've been reading X-Factor like crazy the last day or so.

Dysun

Been waiting for a Fantomex/Cluster/Dark Fantomex payoff for too god damn long already.

Miss you Remender UXF

Xux

Found that Nightwing book along with Bat Girl and Batman and Robin; pretty enjoyable stuff.

Is the Red Robin series any good (even though I guess they retconned it already...)? Tim seems like a pretty neat guy. I don't remember any of the three stores I checked having any of the paperbacks, though. :(

sca2511

Damnn, just got the Stumptown omnibus deal on Comixology. It was still on the omnibus page on my computer at home. Saw the add to cart button, clicked it, and it went through(after 5-10minutes of loading.) Whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom