• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - What's the market potential for this game?

Where will Concord settle on Steam after 4 months?

• <5k players (bomb)

• 5k - 10k players

• 10k - 20k players

• 20k - 30k players

• 30k - 40k players

• 40k - 50k players

• >50k players (smash success)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'm not even going to test the beta. There was absolutely nothing that would interest me in the slightest. And I've been playing Overwatch 2 again for a while, so I would actually be the target audience for the game.

Pejo

OP's obsession with Concord reminds me of that old GAFfer that wouldn't stop talking about Stadia. I'm getting the same vibes from both topics and types/quantity of posts.

Probably gonna be similar outcomes too, tbh.

Codes 208

Gold Member
With the market we are in today I'm not counting it out. Remember people said the same thing about Fortnite.
Fortnite worked because the market wasnt oversaturated with BR titles, it took what made pubg (the only big br at the time) addictive and added a hint of building ala the original survival mode campaign. It was stupidly fun, like gears of war meets halo and minecraft

This game looks like an uninspired overwatch clone in a time where we already have many overwatch (and tf2) clones like valorant, apex legends seige and paladin

James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford , the people want to see your vote. Don't be a *****!

Going with >50K.

I think Sony has a good eye for talent, and wouldn't have purchased the studio if they felt the game was going to be a huge failure. Bungie also must have provided positive feedback to endorse the game and acquisition.

They were able to nurture HD2 into a massive success, and I am hoping that is a glimpse of things to come with Concord as well and it's not just some random fluke.

The gameplay looks tight and fluid. They've got a good team of veterans in this space, and they've been cooking for like 5-6 years. I can't imagine the game will be something extremely basic. There's going to be meaty stuff to all that's on offer here. I think the beta will be a smash hit and people will be excited to grab the full release.

But of course I could be wrong, and will be disappointed if so.

Last edited:

DrFigs

Has hot asian girl

6d48d88d5ad5e2d397565b65ca592fed.jpg

mFLgj9T.gif
face looks pretty good, but she might as well be wearing a burlap sack. who's gonna want to dress up as this? who finds this outfit attractive?

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Going with >50K.

I think Sony has a good eye for talent, and wouldn't have purchased the studio if they felt the game was going to be a huge failure. They were able to nurture HD2 into a massive success, and I am hoping that is a glimpse of things to come with Concord as well and it's not just some random fluke.

The gameplay looks tight and fluid. They've got a good team of veterans in this space, and they've been cooking for like 5-6 years. I can't imagine the game will be something extremely basic. There's going to be meaty stuff to all that's on offer here. I think the beta will be a smash hit and people will be excited to grab the full release.

But of course I could be wrong, and will be disappointed if so.
morgan-freeman-applause.gif

I don't think there's any appeal in this game... Best case scenario, It will have a cult following. Worst case, dead.

You have seen the gameplay before. None of the characters are appealing in the Team Fortress way (Simple but very striking), or in the Overwatch way (Diverse eye candies, and sexually appealling).
Nobody plays games for digital tits.
This game looks like an uninspired overwatch clone in a time where we already have many overwatch (and tf2) clones like valorant, apex legends seige and paladin
If this game plays anything like Apex or Seige, it’s an automatic success.
I am conflicted whether it is abnormal or normal to be attracted to cartoon characters. I have never understood it
don’t try to. some don’t have girlfriends.

Killjoy-NL

Keep in mind that there alot of these type of games on PC. So PC success is going to be bad.
This I can see.
There's a lot of potential players on Playstation though, as there barely are hero shooters there.
People seem to forget that Sony's main focus is Playstation, PC just tags along.

But like James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford already said, it highly depends on the beta.

ahtlas7

Let’s see how the beta goes. When People can actually get those characters on their screen and zoom right in nice and close. Ya know, get a real good look at all their oooozing charisma. Who knows what miracles may happen if the gameplay is fun and entertaining. I’ll hold my prediction until hands on.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I went with 20k - 30k, though I see it hovering just above 20k.

This is my guess. Could be totally wrong.

I think it will start at around 50k across playstation and pc and then nose dive to the first option within 4 months.

Happy to be proven wrong by the youngsters.

Durandle

Neo Member
Another online only hero shooter? Surely the desire for such games in the market has very clearly bombed the last size months to a year. It's puzzling why any company would attempt to enter the market now. Especially if it's not F2P, it'll be "Firestorm" all over again (or worse, since Firestorm was *actually* an interesting take on the genre it was arriving late to and was attached to a larger game people wanted).

The industry is fucked if this game is considered mediocre or just terrible for some. It might not do well in the jungle of gaas shooters, no idea about any numbers, so won't bet on anything, but it does not look bad, not at all, even if it is probably woke. The Marvel success until Endgame and the current everything must be free, and great, MP landscape made some people really bitter.

I've never played a hero shooter, but I'm already tired of them.

To me the choice of a 'hero' just means a pre-set, so no customization possible. And when the game adds more and more heroes in time you have to end up learning 100's of abilities to know how to properly play and what counters what, etc. So at some point they completely wall-off the game from new players, since it is impossible to get in to it. (try getting into Dota or LoL now for instance...).

In other words: I don't get the appeal.

Killjoy-NL

Maybe paragon is a closer comparison.
Not sure if Paragon is a good example. Almost no promotion and got canned during open beta since most of the team got put on Fortnite BR and the accountant didn't think it made enough during a beta..

Then again, maybe in a way it is.

Last edited:
Not sure if Paragon is a good example. Almost no promotion and got canned during open beta since most of the team got put on Fortnite BR and the accountant didn't think it made enough during a beta..

Then again, maybe in a way it is.
This has a similar negative hype pattern. Very few have anything good to say about that reveal.

StueyDuck

Much like overwatch, this game feels like it was originally meant to be something else, maybe something similar to a destiny but landed on a PvP hero shooter because that was the element that they could get working.

as far as appeal goes we'll see, I don't see why yet, it looks largely unremarkable or new, but a playtest or beta could change that opinion.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Actual number too close to call, I just picked the one that said "bomb" on it.

They spent too much time trying to make dollar store Guardians of the Galaxy for the trailer and not enough time making a game that has anything remotely interesting to offer.

Top Bottom