• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW Confirms Arrow/Flash Spin-Off Superhero team show starring ATOM/Firestorm/CC/BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/16/cws-new-flasharrow-spin-honor-great-team-movies?asdf

The CW’s potential new Flash and Arrow spin-off is slated to feature a mashup of DC Comics heroes and villains that aims to take our generation’s super series to the next level.

The untitled drama—which is being developed by Arrow and Flash executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, as well as Arrow boss Marc Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter—is tentatively slated to star Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Victor Garber (Martin Stein/Firestorm) and Caity Lotz, though it’s unclear whether she’ll be portraying a new role since her Arrow character, Sara Lance, died earlier this season.

“For me, it honors all of the great team up movies, whether it’s Ocean’s Eleven or whether it’s the superhero books,” Berlanti tells EW. “That’s what it’s about. If you go back to the old westerns, there would be The Lone Gunman, but there would also be The Magnificent Seven. It’s very much in the spirit of those kinds of movies and shows.”

Berlanti—who is also executive-producing CBS’ Supergirl pilot with Kreisberg, Schechter and Ali Adler—stresses that the new project would be quite different than what we’re used to. “I only want to do them when I know that they’ll feel distinct from the other shows we’re doing,” he says. “This is really its own thing.”

One of the main burning questions after the project’s announcement was why Robbie Amell was missing from the cast list, considering he makes up the other half of Firestorm, Ronnie Raymond. Unfortunately, it sounds like bad news could be on the horizon as Berlanti admits there is a particular reason for his absence, but “I can’t say why.”

The new super drama, which is not part of the current pilot season, was first mentioned by CW president Mark Pedowitz at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour in January. Get more on that here.

arrow-315-atom-121094.jpg

The-Flash-Episode-4-Recap-and-Review-Going-Rogue.png

victor-garber-the-flash-firestorm-fallout.jpg

bop-8-d2c70.jpg

fla110b0129bjpg-c9966c_640w.jpg

Update: Dominic Purcell is also joining the show as his character from Flash, Heatwave.

Is Captain Cold supposed to be the starring villain in this? Why would he join the superhero team? I assume it's a 'starring' role like Manu Bennett in Season 2 or John Barrowman in Season 3.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
To be clear, it hasn't been confirmed that Caity Lotz will be returning as Black Canary.

The Cowboy

Please cast Caity as a resurrected Sara, i bloody hate it when an actor from one show is used in another one in the same universe (and in this case, she's an extremely well know character in the universe).

DaveH

The rumor is that after being burned by Tomorrow People and the success of The Duff, Robbie wants to see if he gets bigger feature film offers before committing to another CW show.

"As of March 15, 2015, The Duff has grossed $30.3 million, against a budget of $8.5 million."

I can't say I'd blame him if that's the case... and if he doesn't, I don't think the CW would mind welcoming him back.

Corpekata

Banned
Is Captain Cold supposed to be the starring villain in this? Why would he join the superhero team? I assume it's a 'starring' role like Manu Bennett in Season 2 or John Barrowman in Season 3.

Going to wager something brings him over to the side of the angels, at least temporarily. He hasn't always been straight up evil in the comics.

Ashhong

Could somebody explain why Firestorm has "two halves"?

Also I really hate the Canary's outfit. Her boobs look so stupid

Going to wager something brings him over to the side of the angels, at least temporarily. He hasn't always been straight up evil in the comics.

Well, his sister's gonna be in a future episode. Maybe something happens to her, and it's his fault? Token redemption seeking member of the team who eventually becomes an honorable crook.

Sounds good.

I was surprised they got Brandon Routh as a recurring role in Arrow, but I'm even more surprised that they're getting him to star in another show.

More Captain Cold is good, though I don't know how he'll become a good guy.

Firestorm is cool.

Caity Lotz is okay. She's hot but not a very good actress.

The Cowboy

Why? It's not like her Black Canary had a super distinctive personality.

I just can't stand seeing an actor i know to be someone else within the universe of a show playing someone else in said universe in another spin-off show (it takes me out of it) - it comes from my Buffy and Angel days (Joss did this a few times),

Laurel's outfit is better, I think:

arrow-s03e13-2.jpg

Despite the fact that all those straps serve no purpose other than to get my engine revving.

Firestorm has two halves cause he's two people that have been nuclear fused into one.

But truth be told, OG Canary's outfit is the tits.

AKA.

The best.

Get your mind outta the gutter.

Slayven

Professor Stein was suppose to be the Fire Elemental of Earth, but due to ROnnie being there it fucked up and bonded the two. And they pretty much kept that it had to be 2 or more people being firestorm, on and off. It's a whole thing.

Platy

Maybe Sarah comes back.... As the other half of firestorm !!!

Also, naming lone gunman when talking about spin offs makes me think this will have a short life

People in the comments of that article think:
Flash is gonna go back in time ala Flashpoint and change the past so Sara isn't dead and Ronnie isnt part of Firestorm, etc...

Oh God.

Maybe Sarah comes back.... As the other half of firestorm !!!

Also, naming lone gunman when talking about spin offs makes me think this will have a short life

Lone Gunman as the archetype, not the failed X-Files spin-iff

JDSN

Banned
Holy shit thats like an event horizon of bad acting, throw in The Huntress and the universe will colapse.

The dad fron Alias is coo tho.

Subitai

So that officially makes 5 DC Arrowverse shows?

The prospect of an epic multi-hour crossover finale next year is too much to comprehend.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think he's thinking about Supergirl, which Berlanti is also doing. But it's just it's own thing, unless they say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom