• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW Confirms Arrow/Flash Spin-Off Superhero team show starring ATOM/Firestorm/CC/BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Not particularly excited by this idea in the slightest. Seems like a pointless mish-mash of random characters. Plus Captain Cold is probably one of the worst characters in any CW show right now. A shit stain on The Flash TV show which is otherwise superb.

DieH@rd

Banned
Is Captain Cold supposed to be the starring villain in this? Why would he join the superhero team? I assume it's a 'starring' role like Manu Bennett in Season 2 or John Barrowman in Season 3.

Yeah. With his charisma, smarts and ability to gather villians around him, he would be perfect central antagonist. :)

/SOMEBODY BETTER CALL 911! :D

DeathyBoy

Banned
If anyone's been reading comics (hah, I know) they'll know Captain Cold is part of the Justice League now. Luthor offers him a job as personal security. Chances are Ray'll do the same.

DieH@rd

Banned
Captain Cold killed innocent people with his frost beam while trying to provoke Flash [that scene in cinema when Flash was not fast enough because of the ice on his body]. I don't think Palmer would be kind to him.

Get used to Citizen Cold guys, he's around to stay. They all love the character.

As should you.

Yeah- this is solidifying my theory that its a Multiverse- based show. Sarah and Citizen Cold from an Elseworld's reality, while Captain Cold remains a villain on Flash. Perhaps drawing on the New52 plot arc of Darkseid killing the heroes of Earth 2 before setting his sites on Prime Earth?

Blader

Didn't realize there was so much hate around Cold, I think Wentworth is pretty fun in the role.

Dominic Purcell, on the other hand, is ludicrously over the top as Heatwave :lol Guy needs to tone down the grit just a tad

The recently-announced spinoff of The Flash and Arrow is currently in development for a planned 2016 mid-season premiere.

Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if that means they're treating it like Agent Carter? A shorter series to bridge the winter gap between Arrow/Flash episodes?

The Cowboy

Who, exactly? Knox? That's all I can really think of. Oh, and I guess Luke/The Judge. Those are all minor save for Knox, though. Don't see why they'd bother you. Anyone else is extraordinarily minor characters.

Its just a personal thing, i am very good with faces and placing them, as such recast actors stick out like a sore thumb for me and are easily spotted and take me out of the show.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They aren't letting The Flash keep any of his recurring characters, eh

Actually, I think this show is a rather clever way to guarantee these actors stay available. If they're already on the clock for a show, doing a guest appearance on one of the other shows won't require having to work around the schedule.

guek

Banned
As much as I adore The Flash, I'm getting tired of CW productions. They can be so hit or miss, and they put too much emphasis on relationship drama. Some times the production value is phenomenal, some times it's downright horrible. I wish DC would opt for a higher standard.

Noshino

As much as I adore The Flash, I'm getting tired of CW productions. They can be so hit or miss, and they put too much emphasis on relationship drama. Some times the production value is phenomenal, some times it's downright horrible. I wish DC would opt for a higher standard.

you mean just like what most comics do?

Pau

Superhero comics are basically soap operas but with costumes and supernatural powers. So sounds about right.

I still feel like they should've gone with a Zatana solo series and a magic series. I know they feel like they got burned by The Secret Circle but it's okay to love again...... This smorgasbord of characters doesn't sound compelling in the slightest....

Wiktor

I still feel like they should've gone with a Zatana solo series and a magic series. I know they feel like they got burned by The Secret Circle but it's okay to love again...... This smorgasbord of characters doesn't sound compelling in the slightest....

Zatanna propably can't carry series on her own. Not enough lore. If they would be going for magical side Books of Magic makes far more sense. Timothy Hunter had much more interesting stories in his runs and the great part about it, you could still put Zatanna as regular there in a mentor role.

Makonero

Any thoughts on a show title? At first I thought "Brave and the Bold" because of the mash-up, but after the comments about this being more akin to "The Magnificent Seven" I'm thinking Justice League.

So JUSTICE as the title, right? :p The League is already taken.

My running assumption is that Ronnie and Martin permanently split up, but somehow retain their powers, or they find new partners?

I think it looks decent. Mark I.

ar317b-0318b-127151.jpg
At first, I was let down by Palmer's mk1 suit. Seemed like wrong things were being focused on. Then I saw this image.

I smiled, outside and in.

Edit: and OT...I am excited for anything and everything they can throw at us from this world. I didn't know about the slight possibility of Supergirl being included, which makes it way more bananas. I can't wait for more, so much more. I am enjoying these better than almost every comic book movie I have seen lately.

Aceun

According to the rumor mill, the All-Star Team Up Episode (18) of Flash will serve as kind of a backdoor pilot to this.

The PaleyFest trailer of the remainder of the season includes hints of this with characters like
Atom, Canary (though its Laurel vs Sarah)
and Firestorm all appearing in the remainder of the Flash season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQn7duY7SM

Link includes super light spoilers.

No, I'm talking about the Squad already in the show, which would be Deadshot, Cupid, and theoretically Deathstroke and Boomerang.

Correct.
I believe Deathstroke and Boomerang are not part of the squad yet because they are probably too dangerous/unstable. Right now, they're just locked away at SuperMAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom