• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Flash being on Arrow opens the door for Ollie's best buddy Hal. Hopefully they end up walking across America, discussing politics.
“Amazon is on pause
(as) the script is not exactly what we
wanted, and with an iconic character like
Wonder Woman, we have to get it right.”
I'll never stop finding it hilarious how hard it is for people to understand this character. Especially her handlers. lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I rather liked the old Flash series from 1990.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098798/?ref_=sr_6

flashcostume2.jpg

That show was the bomb.

Nudull

Banned
Pretty great news all around, though I hate that Amazon's getting put on the backburner. I should get around to checking out Arrow, sooner or later. :eek:

Flash being on Arrow opens the door for Ollie's best buddy Hal. Hopefully they end up walking across America, discussing politics.

God, I adored that run, goofy as it can be by today's standards.

I'll never stop finding it hilarious how hard it is for people to understand this character. Especially her handlers. lol
Ferris Air has already been mentioned also.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The budget would have to insane to be done right.

Also Bette the Wally not borewing allan

It wouldnt have to be insane. They could use effects that were used on kamen rider kabuto completely amped up. Flash can be done without a movie budget.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Visually, I imagine doing The Flash is actually cheaper than most superheroes. Stuff like the stopping time gimmick is still done pretty traditionally, they just get everyone to try and stand really still. You add in a "frozen" cup of water/coffee/whatever liquid dropping in post production and call it a day. Everything the Flash does is simple effects work. Speed that footage up, slow that footage down.

I think the hardest part would be finding a concept that works as a tv series. Running into other speedsters has to be done sparingly, or it loses all impact. The Flash can do all kinds of wacky stuff with his access to the speed force, so you can slowly introduce new abilities and techniques over time, no problem.

Blader

From THR:

For his part, Berlanti is also developing a Flash movie for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, with sources telling THR that the feature is being eyed for 2016. Berlanti will direct and pen the screenplay alongside Chris Brancato, Michael Green, Johns and Guggenheim. Pedowitz also noted that there is no conflict between the movie studio or DC when it comes to the TV series and feature film as previous efforts have proven troublesome when there's such an overlap.

The Green Lantern dream team

they also didn't say that Barry Allen on teh Arrow would have super-powers. just that they would introduce him in Arrow. maybe they'll introduce him as police scientist Allen and help Ollie with forensics and stuff.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Moments like that don't make up for all the stupid teen drama that happens in that show. Everybody is bitching and whining and (almost) everybody gets saved in time. It's an okay show.

One of the chief differences with Smallville is that Arrow has almost zero teen drama.

Village

Thor/Hurcules with a dash of sophistication

Lady

Put her in the oddesy outfit.

Fucking done. How hard is that.

One of the chief differences with Smallville is that Arrow has almost zero teen drama.

I wouldn't say almost zero, but it certainly has a lot less.

I'd be open to this I suppose. I was dreading Arrow before it aired, and I was pleasantly surprised at how that turned out.

Penguin

Also just because bringing him on the show doesn't mean the spin-off would work

Remember when Smallville teased, with what I thought looked good, Aquaman TV series. :(

ReiGun

If I recall, Aquaman didn't make it to air because it got lost in the shuffle from the WB and UPN merger. I watched it and thought it had potential.

Now you lost us at this "LADY" part
"Superhero movie starring a woman!? We already gave you Catwoman. What more could you want?!"

Penguin

I think going to go comic book pilot hunting this week

I've seen Aquaman, the NBC Wonder Woman, I believe THAT Justice League one, and I think one Marvel one.

But going to try and find em all

So what other failed shows/pilots exist?

Also as a treat, here's the intro to the Birds of Prey show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlc9GumnSq8

Subitai

Oh yeah, Birds of Prey!

Anyway, I guess this could be pretty sweet. I too loved the 90s show and was bummed no one watched it. Too bad it was on at the same time as the Simpson's and NBC's must see TV.

Matt_C

In my opinion, it wouldn't be far fetched if they cast either movie Flash or Arrow Barry with a black actor for the sake of diversity and modernization if they want to reintroduce the Flash property into the mainstream. Usain Bolt is still in the public conscious as the fastest man and some of the great black actors most notable roles were law enforcement personnel (Poitier, Smith, VelJohnson, Elba, ect). Of course there is Samuel L. Jackson as the director of S.H.E.I.L.D. even though his likeness was used in Ultimate Marvel.

Man of Steel changed up the look of some of the notable characters such as
Lois Lane, Perry White, and Jenny Olsen
so it wouldn't suprise me to see one of the new Flashes to be cast by a black actor. Imagine
the encounters between the Flashes of multiple worlds updated to the modern era. The baby boomer/comics diehard can still see the comics Barry working with the modern TV or Cinema Flash. The name Barry Allen could be a common name throughout the multiple earths.

Hopefully either the movie Flash or TV Flash productions would be of decent quality on whoever is cast.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Guys... I.... I just want a good Wonder Woman movie. That's all I want. A badass greek warrior, fighting gods and weird mythical beasts. Why is this so hard?

Guys... I.... I just want a good Wonder Woman movie. That's all I want. A badass greek warrior, fighting gods and weird mythical beasts. Why is this so hard?

This is all awesome, but I misread this as "mystical breasts".

Now, I'm slightly disappointed we're not getting Diana sword-fighting titties.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I feel like I learned less

Why is Flash better suited for the small screen than most other DC characters?

Especially ones that don't need to rely on CG for their powers.

Isn't Barry Allen a forensics investigator? Probably easier for them to fall back on the cop procedural, CSI kind of stuff if they can't think of superhero shit for him to do.

LakeEarth

About time. Joss Whedon talked about Quicksilver being in Avengers 2 and it's like, we're going to see Quicksilver before we see the Flash (crappy 90s show not withstanding)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom