• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th

ZehDon

Not gonna lie - this stings. But, in the end it's a game, and I'd rather they take their time to get it right. I won't remember the delays when I'm knee deep in Night City.

tryDEATH

This is going to be a Series X launch title with a special edition console to go with it. They have built a close relationship this generation and they about to both cash in that relationship with Cyberpunk 2077 Series X.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Props to them for caring about their product and first impressions.

These days, most release their games and just patch, patch, patch, patch until you get a proper 1.0 release. It hardly pays to be a day one player anymore.

Ivory Blood

An important message from the development team.

cqi1kEb.png

Maybe the performance of the current-gen was so bad they want to make sure they get the best impressions of the game possible. But that's just me.

If they keep this new date, it means that it will be 8 years, 6 months and 7 days from the announcement to the release.

It will also be 5 years and 6 months since The Witcher 3 was released.

This game better delivers.

Superkewl

doesnt really bother me as I was already putting it off until I can play it on next gen and all DLC comes out, which means I'll probably be playing it november 2021, lol

Bankai

You know what would be realllly terrible for PS5 owners? If the Xbox Series X supported the game with enhancements and the PS5 didn't (maybe not even PS4 BC out of the box for the game).

I really want to play this game the best way possible (excluding PC) and I'm sure many others like me.

It would totally be a win for XBox Series X in that regard.

You know what would be realllly terrible for PS5 owners? If the Xbox Series X supported the game with enhancements and the PS5 didn't (maybe not even PS4 BC out of the box for the game).

I really want to play this game the best way possible (excluding PC) and I'm sure many others like me.

It would totally be a win for XBox Series X in that regard.
PS5 patch is confirmed:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda glad I didn't get the LE Xbox One X version now.

Dr.D00p

If they announce any kind of tie in with Nvidia in the next two months then we will know the real reason for any delay...

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Cyberpunk will be the first big multi-platform game which will be used to compare the PS5 with the XSX.

Cyborg

Im so afraid how this will run on current gen consoles. I think the game is to ambitious to run good on PS4/XboxOneX. I think I will hold off and play it on PS5, Im not that hyped for this game so I can wait till they release the patch.

vkbest

Cyberpunk will be the first big multi-platform game which will be used to compare the PS5 with the XSX.

Then XSX will win that comparison, because CD Projekt have serious problem with Playstation optimization. Shitty PS4 pro patches and shitty PS4 launch game performance (20fps)

Doubt it, Witcher 3 wasn't.

Witcher 3 on PS4 was pretty buggy, was running at 20fps for 6 months until they patched the performance. Corrupted saves and bugged quest in all platforms.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
They released their first game unfinished - so why are they telling us they care so much about not releasing unfinished games?

They do whatever’s in their best interest, which is fine. I just wish they‘d cut out the constant pr nonsense.

Puskas

I’m going to wait for the next-gen version. I bet that it will run and look like dog shit on the current-gen base consoles.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Love the comments about delays meaning it will be a bug free game. Delays mean it won't be an unfinished game, but I expect bugs with any modern AAA titles due to how complex they are and the fact that people still buy regardless.
I am honestly more concerned about the state of their engine's optimisation and how downgraded this game is going to end up looking by the time it is released, not that it is a looker now

Last edited:

TMLT

Its basically DOA on current gen consoles now. The new consoles will launch within 2-3 weeks of its release most likely, may as well just wait a few months for the inevitable next gen version, same with TLOU2.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Doubt it, Witcher 3 wasn't.

It wasn't a mess but definitely had lots of bugs. I remember lots of performance issues. There was one related to the gear slots that if it was left empty caused huge frame drops.

Another bug made a quest impossible to complete because an NPC you had to talk to never appeared. Oh another quest had a bugged out marker so you couldn't even start it.

That's all I can remember but I'm sure there were more.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
They need to really do a good job with this night city wire next week to rebuild the hype and get people excited.

I don't have any excitement for the game now. I was OK with one delay...but a second? Get yo shit together. If they delay it again they can whistle for my money. They will get slaughtered if they delay it again. The can't afford any more disappointments.

They are looking like a bunch of incompetent fools right now.

Last edited:
They need to really do a good job with this night city wire next week to rebuild the hype and get people excited.

I don't have any excitement for the game now. I was OK with one delay...but a second? Get yo shit together. If they delay it again they can whistle for my money.

They are looking like a bunch of incompetent fools right now.

It's actually the third delay now.

I completely agree with your take, though. Night City Wire will have to deliver. That's especially true because next-gen footage deliberately curated to impress will be what Cyberpunk 2077 will be compared against.
Not current-gen open worlds. Everyone's eyes are already set on the future and AAA titles like Horizon 2: Forbidden West.

If they reprise the level showcased in the Deep Dive video, which was a blunder, they will have misunderstood the importance of the vent in these circumstances.

Then XSX will win that comparison, because CD Projekt have serious problem with Playstation optimization. Shitty PS4 pro patches and shitty PS4 launch game performance (20fps)

Thank you man from the future who seemingly knows how games will perform on the new consoles. Very nice!

vkbest

Thank you man from the future who seemingly knows how games will perform on the new consoles. Very nice!

After PS4 pro patches and original PS4 launch version I can’t expect pretty much for those guys on PS4/Pro/PS5. Those guys even launched PS4 Pro patch after X patch

Last edited:
After PS4 pro patches and original PS4 launch version I can’t expect pretty much for those guys on PS4/Pro/PS5. Those guys even launched PS4 Pro patch after X patch

Well thankfully the new PS5 is not a complicated piece of hardware anymore so devs should have no problems optimizing games on either console.

Top Bottom