• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone know how much space the game requires on PC now with patches and all? is it still 70-something? wanna free up some space for it

this is just pre load. no patches.
QqhiCrz.jpg

Last edited:

Lister

Banned
Wish I could have gotten my hands on a new 3000 series card for this, but I probably won't until next year. Still, with my 1080 and a nice OC I should be able to do ultra wide 1440p at medium settings. Thank god for VRR.

Ooccoo

Can we download the day one patch before release? Absolutely hate to pop in a disc and wait 5+ hours for a massive patch.

I so want to play this game but at the same time I kinda don't. Been a long time since I played a new AAA game on release (last one was gta 5). Really apprehensive at how my i7-10700 and 2070gtx is gonna handle the game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Can we download the day one patch before release? Absolutely hate to pop in a disc and wait 5+ hours for a massive patch.
it will likely be live before launch but you'll need the disc to download it.

maybe if you buy digitally and preload it will download for you before launch.

Moogle11

Banned

Yep. Seen reports on PS5 of users getting an update patch after the preload of the game had finished. Assume it will bet that case on all platforms. Preloads usually end up with the current version preloaded by launch day as long as you have autoupdates on (or manually check for updates).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yep. Seen reports on PS5 of users getting an update patch after the preload of the game had finished. Assume it will bet that case on all platforms. Preloads usually end up with the current version preloaded by launch day as long as you have autoupdates on (or manually check for updates).
they bought a disc so nothing will download until they put that in.

Komatsu

I so want to play this game but at the same time I kinda don't. Been a long time since I played a new AAA game on release (last one was gta 5). Really apprehensive at how my i7-10700 and 2070gtx is gonna handle the game.

You will be fine. 60s on Ultra playing it in 1080p, smooth buttery 60s in 4k on Medium/High

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
  1. Game preloaded - Work from home Wednesday - off for four days
  2. herbs obtained - thank you AZ for legalization
  3. will get a few beers/drinks
  4. Ghost Pepper noodles obtained
  5. need to get a frozen burrito and or pizza today
  6. IM SO READY
What platform?

Moogle11

Banned
they bought a disc so nothing will download until they put that in.

Thanks. I glossed over that. In that case, nope. They can't predownload the patch and will have to install from disc and then download it. One of the downsides to going physical these days for sure.

Karunamon

If I understand right you should be fine on high settings. I've got a 7700k with modest OC and a 2080Super. RTX is probably right out unless you have a 30xx card.

Official sysreqs:
16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

Looks like this is going to be mostly demanding of your GPU if you can get away with a i7-4790 on ultra non-RTX. You should be fine in the CPU category.

Last edited:
  6. IM SO READY

I thought that wasn’t until March? I know people have cards left and right already.

SullaFelix

Neo Member
  6. IM SO READY

Love it. I've got a beer delivery on Friday, my joints are rolled, and I've stocked up on snacks for the weekend.

Azaroth

Id rather not know this type of stuff :/. Keep it in the spoiler thread maybe?
Sure, I just edited my post. Sorry about that, didn't really consider that people might not want to know that, I just happened upon the discussion earlier in the thread and was curious where his info had come from. Good news is, seems like the answer is ambiguous at this point.

Fredrik

Absolutely amazing OT! 🔝

2 more days now! Haven’t been this hyped about a game in years 😀

Lots of bugs but it seems like they’re already getting squished. And the metascore is something else, I was worried when seeing Gamereactor in Sweden give it 7/10 but metacritic 91 with 46 reviews is a nice start for sure. 👌

Now I just need to figure out if it’s time to upgrade the PC right away or start cheap with Geforce Now, hmm

ajanke

I thought that wasn’t until March? I know people have cards left and right already.
the prop went into effect on the 30th of November. There just aren't any recreational shops open yet only medical. They're trying to open fast to get 4/20 sales it seems.

However, if you know anyone they're allowed to "gift" you up to 1oz at any given time. Pretty cool and just in time for Cyberpunk lol

SonGoku

Can't wait for the next gen patch
Great OT for everyone involved *chef's kiss* 💯

Last edited:

scalman

can anyone count how much space it take until this moment on all platforms with latest patches ? PC, PS4 , Xbox.

by amount of bugs in game looks like they might be in beta here too. now fixing all that with all those monstrous patches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom