• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 to air in July 2016, new trailer (DR1+2 SPOILERS)

Hyped after reading everything.
Also showing that image of the new charaters Chisa being a scientist near Monomi, her face and being near the survivors...
maybe she was the one the create the AI of Chiaki, so she is basically Chiaki with real humam form

Some food for thought.

And they have win me with the new pantyhose Aoi design lol

Hyped after reading everything.
Also showing that image of the new charaters Chisa being a scientist near Monomi, her face and being near the survivors...
maybe she was the one the create the AI of Chiaki, so she is basically Chiaki with real humam form

Some food for thought.

And they have win me with the new pantyhose Aoi design lol

Chihiro created Chiaki, and I believe Alter Ego was supposed to have tweaked her a bit. Despite her scientist like appearance, Chisa claims to be the Ultimate Maid at the end of the trailer. Still, clearly there's more to her than meets the eye.

D-Man

I wasn't too big on this when it was revealed, but now that the DR2 cast will be involved, I am incredibly hyped. Can't wait to see it!

GoldStarz

Would have picked a kinetic novel over an anime but whatever, still sounds pretty interesting!

Well if the recap was any indication, they've really mastered animated sprite-like cutscenes so maybe we'll get something like that.
i wonder if Future Volume's going to have any executions

I love how they structured the PV, Mirai-Hen and Zetsubou-Hen have a great ring to them.

Hope will kill hope.
GOOSEBUMPS, SO MANY GOOSEBUMPS

I wonder if they are considering alternating episodes between future and despair and how that would be received?

Dude bringing out his inner Kojima with that lie about the DR2 characters

That's crazy right? That was like last week too if I remember correctly. Why not just combine this video with the character reveal.

GoldStarz

I wonder if they are considering alternating episodes between future and despair and how that would be received?
Honestly, I'd think that's what they were doing if it weren't for the fact that Future Volume has a confirmed start period and Despair Volume doesn't. Especially since Kodaka said something along the line about the two series relating to one another somehow.

Dude bringing out his inner Kojima with that lie about the DR2 characters

I love it. That magnificent bastard.

Honestly, I'd think that's what they were doing if it weren't for the fact that Future Volume has a confirmed start period and Despair Volume doesn't. Especially since Kodaka said something along the line about the two series relating to one another somehow.

1) Eh, I think it's better off airing separately anyway.

2) I strongly approve of your Mikan avatar.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
That sounds so awesome! This is going to be one epic finale! The despair parts are going to be heart wrenching.

Hopefully Monaca is saved for being the V3 antagonist and isn't in this.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Hopefully it's a new villain we've never seen before. I really don't want the series to be even furthered shackled down by reoccurring villains.
V3 needs some connection since Monokuma is still around and Monaca is suppose to be the new Junko. If she isn't in V3 I will be dissapointed. It will just feel like milking at that point. Not to mention a plot hole.

If they make it an alternate universe that wouldn't bother me. Because Monaca wouldn't be able to be in it.

I think people would generally prefer what they have planned now, which is one and then the other. I think people want to focus on the two separately without breaks in the action.

Hopefully Monaca is saved for being the V3 antagonist and isn't in this.
V3 needs some connection since Monokuma is still around and Monaca is suppose to be the new Junko. If she isn't in V3 I will be dissapointed. It will just feel like milking at that point. Not to mention a plot hole.

If they make it an alternate universe that wouldn't bother me. Because Monaca wouldn't be able to be in it.
I suspect she'll show up in the Future Chapter, especially if Kodaka is serious about wrapping up the HPA stuff and making V3 its own thing. Maybe not as chief antagonist, but I think she'll be involved and we'll see what
Nagito had planned and taught her
. She'd also a convenient reason for the Future Foundation to be rounded up and thrown into a new killing game.

The only reason I would wonder about her involvement is the fact that she wasn't highlighted in that trailer, although I'm still expecting her to show up.

V3 doesn't absolutely need Monaca or Junko. There are other ways they could go about things, especially if they want to avoid being obvious and repetitious.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I suspect she'll show up in the Future Chapter, especially if Kodaka is serious about wrapping up the HPA stuff and making V3 its own thing. Maybe not as chief antagonist, but I think she'll be involved and we'll see what
Nagito had planned and taught her
. She'd also a convenient reason for the Future Foundation to be rounded up and thrown into a new killing game.

The only reason I would wonder about her involvement is the fact that she wasn't highlighted in that trailer, although I'm still expecting her to show up.

V3 doesn't absolutely need Monaca or Junko. There are other ways they could go about things, especially if they want to avoid being obvious and repetitious.
Well I'm hoping V3 is in another universe. It would make everything accomplished feel meaningless. It sucks too because I wanted to see an older Kotoko part of the next game.

FluxWaveZ

What would feel like milking is if Monaca is in V3. Or any other significant cameos.

And, thankfully, it's sounding like Kodaka believes the same from what he's been saying about V3.

GoldStarz

It's probably both. Remember that in Despair Girls' ending,
TWO Junko AIs were pulled, with only one being used in DR2. That other one is coming into play, no doubt.
Shiro and Kurokuma were two halves of Junko's personality, it stands to reason their drives were two halves of a whole Junko. If they weren't WHY would they show that in DRAE and reveal a twist before it's even used.

Shiro and Kurokuma were two halves of Junko's personality, it stands to reason their drives were two halves of a whole Junko. If they weren't WHY would they show that in DRAE and reveal a twist before it's even used.

Because it was a side-game and it also revealed Monaca with Junko traits in the ending images.
Foreshadowing!

FluxWaveZ

So this week's issue of Famitsu that will feature Danganronpa 3: Episode Despair probably won't have that much of note in it.

hEraBpd.jpg

gMPDk08.jpg

It'll be a 4-page feature, and those are the 4 pages. Seems that it'll mainly be to highlight the new designs of the DR2 cast.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/29102442.html

GoldStarz

That's somewhat disappointing if it only ends up being a presentation of their designs.

Kinda weird they have the Twilight Murder Syndrome girls (and Peko) together but Fuyuhiko is separated

Too bad, I was hoping for something more. Doesn't look like anything that people haven't already translated from the booklets they gave out at the reveal.

Top Bottom