• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Limited Edition Up for Pre-Order

Busaiku

Big fan of Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair. I havent followed Another Episode that much. Since its as Spin-Off I am a bit afraid I wont like it. Any advise? The CE looks nice, wish they would always include the full Soundtrack.
It can't be as bad as Improved Hangman, so it has that going for it.

Yasumi

Banned
Big fan of Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair. I havent followed Another Episode that much. Since its as Spin-Off I am a bit afraid I wont like it. Any advise? The CE looks nice, wish they would always include the full Soundtrack.
It doesn't have class trials, but it's still a Danganronpa game. If you enjoy the world, characters, music, plot twists, and like puzzles, you'll probably enjoy this.

Zakard

It doesn't have class trials, but it's still a Danganronpa game. If you enjoy the world, characters, music, plot twists, and like puzzles, you'll probably enjoy this.
I see. Thanks for the info. Although its quite hard to imagine Danganronpa without class trials since they are basically the heart of the game. Everything you mentioned I do in fact like but still maybe I will wait for the reviews and pick it up on a later date.

AniHawk

I was able to order it but only by logging out of my account. If I stayed logged in I kept getting that white page where I couldn't do anything.

yeah they've been getting slammed all day. they really need to open the doors for this sort of stuff when they know a preorder's going up.

Shizuka

A lot of websites are reporting this limited edition, websites that didn't give a damn about every past limited edition. NISA is going to make a lot of money out of this.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of websites are reporting this limited edition, websites that didn't give a damn about every past limited edition. NISA is going to make a lot of money out of this.

Well, that's great that DR has become so big that other sites are taking notice :)

SephLuis

As a mid-quel or whatever, I can play this without playing 2, right?

Nope. While this happens between 1 and 2, it would spoil a few things about 2.
Finish 2 first, before coming for AE.

I wouldn't call a spin-off, since the story is very important and my guess is that we will see some of its consequences on DG3.

That being said, if you liked the story, setting and characters of the first two, you will like this one. Gameplay works, so you can play only for the story without getting bored.

gpn

No fedora, stogie or big-ass chain? No buy.

Just kidding. Order placed. The despair of waiting begins.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is this anything like the first Danganronpa? I'm playing it at the moment and having ok fun, also lovely how the description of this game already contains spoilers.
Toko survives.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is this anything like the first Danganronpa? I'm playing it at the moment and having ok fun, also lovely how the description of this game already contains spoilers.
Toko survives.

That's because no one should be reading DR related stuff on the internet at all, until they've beat the first 2.

AniHawk

Monokuma is now Kurokuma? Or is this another bear?

it's another bear. there are two of them in this game. the counterpart to kurokuma is shirokuma, who is all white.

Does NISA charge you right away, or not until it ships?

they do an authorization charge where the money disappears from your account and then reappears a few days later. there's a way to have them not do this, but i think you need to e-mail them or call them and do it over the phone.

Tizoc

I get this error code whenever I try to check out
AVS Zip

Why's that? DO I need to remove the - sign in my ZIP address?

NEO0MJ

Not sure if it's something I want. I would love any for any of the previous games but this doesn't look as spacial. Am I wrong?

Are the other 2 a prerequisite for understanding this games plot?
Ive been hesitating on buying the other 2 because backlog but with this LE i guess its time.

AniHawk

There are actual character appearances and motives.

yeah, another episode basically functions as 1.5. or you could look at it as being danganronpa 2 while dangangronpa 2: goodbye despair is actually danganronpa 3. it's more of a spinoff in terms of gameplay only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uhhh, here's a gif showing the eyepatch & tie from the LE? Click or view in another tab to enlarge it.

dGzRa7j.gif

Tizoc

The-Road-to-El-Dorado.gif

What the heck is error 148? I entered everything correctly, doesn't help that now Paypal won't work because the addresses don't match even when I enter the same damn UK address ugh.

AniHawk

The-Road-to-El-Dorado.gif

What the heck is error 148? I entered everything correctly, doesn't help that now Paypal won't work because the addresses don't match even when I enter the same damn UK address ugh.

you can't order from nisa's store to a non north american address.

you can send it to a forwarder and have them send it to you though.

Tizoc

you can't order from nisa's store to a non north american address.

you can send it to a forwarder and have them send it to you though.

I see, bu the thing is I do have a US address, and when I try to buy it without using Paypal, it keeps giving me address error even though I made sure all fields didn't have conflicting stuff.

Shizuka

NISA has been charging people for the limited edition, they're shipping it early next week. There is still some stock available for those that missed this the first time.

Top Bottom