• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Let's be real here: they want the most unhinged members of their sect to go out and commit violent acts. Most of the people calling for violence on Twitter and places like Era never leave their houses and would piss themselves if they got into a real confrontation with someone that might turn violent.
They're all unhinged. They are the meanest, most violent, angry people in our society, yet they want to paint anyone who they dislike as precisely that. It's a misdirection game.

Someone makes a joke. The person who makes a joke gets attacked. The one who makes the joke is the bad guy and unhinged one, not the attacker. This is the result of society allowing mentally ill people to control the narrative. Things become ass backwards.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I feel like every time I talk about ERA my post gets deleted and mods send me a warning. What is the rule?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Someone makes a joke. The person who makes a joke gets attacked. The one who makes the joke is the bad guy and unhinged one, not the attacker. This is the result of society allowing mentally ill people to control the narrative. Things become ass backwards.
My view on shit like this.... mentally ill people, driver's license qualifications, etc.... every person should be mandated to get tested every once in a while. And the doctor or instructor evaluates you. This goes for mental issues, cancer, you can still drive a car well etc....

So instead of the avg person sometimes getting a check up, or never getting a check up, the policy is you have to once every xxxx time frame. Just think how many people would not die from stage 4 disease is they got a check up, blood test etc.... It's not like youre cancer free one day and 2 weeks later you got terminal cancer. It was probably brewing in your body for a year but the person never got an annual check up to see it.

That's why so many weird people are out there. The person obviously doesn't want to get checked out, probably never checked out, and nobody else is forcing him either. So like every odd person doing something sketchy, there's always a first time (and likely more) because the guy never got help to begin with to ensure he's not a current day or soon to be nutcase.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
is that guy's arm broken?
Nah, he's just pop locking, bro!
pop lock and drop it dancing GIF by FLOPHOUSE

OZ9000

Banned
It’s gotten to the point of pure lunacy. Do these ERA people tell their children to fight everyone at school that says something they don’t agree with?!?

What… the…fuck
No but they believe you should raise your child to be genderless and not to conform to 'societal norms'.

edit: If they say anything about trannies, then yes, I'm sure they tell their children to fight them

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s gotten to the point of pure lunacy. Do these ERA people tell their children to fight everyone at school that says something they don’t agree with?!?

What… the…fuck
Not just ERA, but people in general. Most adults or parents would tell their kids not to get into fist fights unless they are forced to. Things like name calling isnt enough to duke it out. Grow up and dont act like a baby. At least that's what they preach to 10 year olds.

But change settings to adulthood, and a random adult stranger zinging a joke at them and it can morph into the apocalypse. Go figure.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shinobi once threw his own son under the bus because he dared to point out the black skin of a black man. He was 4 years old.

These people are insane.
Oh fuck ya. I remember that.

That ass was trying to score brownie points from the internet "claiming" his young kid said he hates Black people, then he and his wife taught him a lesson about how wrong he was in life. And then he posted that story on Twitter or Reeee proving to everyone what great parents they are.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Oh fuck ya. I remember that.

That ass was trying to score brownie points from the internet "claiming" his young kid said he hates Black people, then he and his wife taught him a lesson about how wrong he was in life. And then he posted that story on Twitter or Reeee proving to everyone what great parents they are.
Yeah thats the worst thing about it. You are supposed to shield and protect your kids as a father and this man threw his own kid under the bus just to big up himself as this true progressive role model on era. What an awful human being.

I feel bad for kids being raised by such a narcissist bunch of human beings. If their own parents wont take the hit for them or stick up for them, why would the kids grow up to stand up for anyone.

MastAndo

lol, the ERA thread was locked. Even the moderators were like, "OK, that's enough, you psychopaths."

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah thats the worst thing about it. You are supposed to shield and protect your kids as a father and this man threw his own kid under the bus just to big up himself as this true progressive role model on era. What an awful human being.

I feel bad for kids being raised by such a narcissist bunch of human beings. If their own parents wont take the hit for them or stick up for them, why would the kids grow up to stand up for anyone.
It also sounded like, "shit that never happened for $800, Alex"

Jsisto

I have a huge problem with this effort to redefine the word violence. When did this even start? Was it the Will Smith thing or before that? I feel like every fucking week there’s some new thing I’m supposed to know to be on the “right side” and I’m a horrible insensitive bigot if I don’t know. As someone with legitimately left leaning values, it’s stupid and exhausting.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Goddamn Era, its like a cult there. WTF are they smoking.

Hormone replacement therapy substances. This shit messes you mentally up like nothing else.
Combine that with being generally stupider than your average internet forum dweller, you end up getting that steaming pile of shit that's called ResetEra.
They are doing the LGBT community (which I believe are great people mostly) such a disservice by just being hysterical, obnoxious assholes.

Link to era thread plz.

EDIT:
Found it. These people are dangerous to society. No joke.
Sure, there may be a very small faction that is genuinely dangerous.

But I live in a big city in the US that actually has a lot of RE types walking around. And let me tell you... The majority of those types of people are not a threat. They're giant pussies that won't even look you in the eye, often from a combination of them being afraid and socially maladjusted.

Nothing close to a motive yet?

With these kinds of cases, there are usually some hints or overt statements from the criminal's social media posts. Media -- alternative media, not traditional media because traditional media sucks sweaty donkey balls these days -- tend to quickly do a lot of digging and often find something.

Yoboman

Sure, there may be a very small faction that is genuinely dangerous.

But I live in a big city in the US that actually has a lot of RE types walking around. And let me tell you... The majority of those types of people are not a threat. They're giant pussies that won't even look you in the eye, often from a combination of them being afraid and socially maladjusted.
That's because the majority of people are nothing like Ree. Even your twitter groups are nowhere near as psychotic as Resetera

It's the most identity driven forum on the internet

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He might not have been an activist and more of a weirdo stalker type. There's nothing pointing to him being an activist yet.

And honestly, that would make more sense. The activist types would never have the balls to run on stage and go at Dave Chappelle. They're losers who only feel tough in groups or online.

Top Bottom