• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

near

Gold Member
No, you see, the guy attacked Chappelle out of Self-Defense. ERA has it all figured out.
Za2FXiQ.png

Wonder at what point they'll look in a mirror and see the clown makeup all over their faces.

Violence is okay when it supports their agenda? These people are lost. Sums up everything wrong with SWJs and cancel culture.

Menzies

Banned
Era is genuinely looking frightening.

Is this what an over valued sense compassion and empathy looks like? Justifying violence where you self-perceive a greater injustice of the tyranny of a comedian telling jokes.

Surely the pragmatic approach is assisting developing thicker skin versus declaring a group of people ‘untouchable to offence’ and trying to bubble-wrap them from society for eternity

Umbasaborne

Banned
Era is genuinely looking frightening.

Is this what an over valued sense compassion and empathy looks like? Justifying violence where you self-perceive a greater injustice of the tyranny of a comedian telling jokes.

Surely the pragmatic approach is assisting developing thicker skin versus declaring a group of people ‘untouchable to offence’ and trying to bubble-wrap them from society for eternity
You know how people talk about extremists, like those lunatics who stormed the capital last year? Well era are extremists as well. A bunch of unhinged lunatics who are so high off the smell of their own farts that they are okay if people are killed or injured for saying things that go against their beliefes. Im not gonna condone transphobia, because fuck that and fuck biggots, but era is a cess pool, where if your not “left” enough, meaning you dont want to execute or take a bat to everyone who disagrees with you, they will ban you.

///PATRIOT

Banned
You know how people talk about extremists, like those lunatics who stormed the capital last year? Well era are extremists as well. A bunch of unhinged lunatics who are so high off the smell of their own farts that they are okay if people are killed or injured for saying things that go against their beliefes. Im not gonna condone transphobia, because fuck that and fuck biggots, but era is a cess pool, where if your not “left” enough, meaning you dont want to execute or take a bat to everyone who disagrees with you, they will ban you.
Woke fundamentalists. They're fanatics.

fuck that and fuck biggots
I rarely ever meet genuine true "bigots" in real life.

Look here on GAF... Even though it's a US-centric userbase, we have a giant international presence, as well as prominent posters who are LGBT; I actually quite like them a lot as posters. Also we have a lot of posters from racial/ethnic minorities.

But that's the thing... You often forget they're [insert minority/LGBT group here] because they don't revolve their whole fucking identity around that. It's an important part of their identity, sure; but they're much much more than a caricature of that identity (which is what a lot of the posters on the other forum seem to be, fucking one-dimensional caricatures/stereotypes of whatever group they supposedly belong to). They're just regular posters who do the same shit we all do here: kick back and talk about games, console warring, talking about funny shit in the off-topic section, etc. And they don't walk around with a chip on their shoulder.

Makes the interactions here infinitely more pleasant than there.

Last edited:
Social Justice is such a first world problem. We live so comfortably that some people have lost touch with what real violence is. Violence like anything else has simply become a buzzword in the culture war, in the political tug-o'war, meaningless, negative only when committed by "the other side", positive when aligned with "our side". Sick fucking hypocrites. Phobia this phobia that. Yeah there's always going to be people who don't like you for one reason or another. Prejudice and injustice will always exist. That's just how humans work. But verbal offense should never be a basis to escalate a war of words into physical assault. The moment something gets physical any reasoning between people ceases to matter. And that is the end of civilized society. That's true violence. Not someone making a joke in bad taste. They wanna talk about Trans rights, guess what trans have same rights as anyone else, and that is to be made fun of for something that stands out about you and then go on with your day like the rest of us. Shit like this diminishes their cause because it's like "cry wolf". Save it for the real violence, and reign in your fucking emotions. They are a way to communicate, to build connection between people, to experience life, not to dictate morality, drive corporate and social policy, or decide whose lives get ruined.

It's *current year* (man people who say this are stupid) , and boy despite all of our advances in technology, creature comforts, and access to information we have strayed further than ever from reasoning and civility.

Last edited:

LoneWolf&Subs

Neo Member
A lot of them are tankie fucks who never believed in democracy. They always made side comments supporting dictators because they were “communist”, or some such bullshit. They’ve always been far-left types that have corrupted forums slowly, and did the same to NeoGaf before the controversy from years back. The past two years have exposed them for who they truly are, angry radicals.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Advocating violence comes from deep self loathing and hatred, not justice. It's about power. It makes someone feel powerful knowing someone they dislike was hurt. Secure, confident people rarely resort to violence. They don't have to. Will Smith only went after Chris Rock after he saw Jada didn't approve. He didn't feel manly, and took it out on Chris Rock. If Will Smith had self respect, he wouldn't have cared what his wife or anyone thought. Same premise for people advocating violence for Chappelle.

Damn security fucked his ass up. Good. Look at his arm, shit was snapped lmao

I don't like to laugh at other people getting hurt but this is beyond hilarous.

Dude got folded by security, LITERALLY. Look at that mangled arm, fucking hell. Looks like something out of I Am Legend.

Last edited:
I just saw a report on sky news that the attacker had a replica gun which contained a switch blade.

These era morons are defending what is practically attempted murder?

Jesus wept.
Resetera is a weird fucking place.
What sane person would defend someone causing potential life threatening injuries, no matter on what side of the political spectrum you're on.
And there are industry devs on that fucking forum. Disgusting.

Otre

Banned
"Ree" set era is the extreme left clown show. Good lord. A guy made a joke about trans people and its interpreted as violence. Anyone saying its punching low, why do you think the trans community is so weak that it cant be made fun of like the rest of us for comedy? Is the 41%, mental illness or was/were pronouns meme real? I think it takes courage to express what person you really are as long as you dont shove your ideals down others throats. Discrimination and violence are real but get worked up about something that is not a dude telling a joke.

Larlight

You'd get banned on Era for saying a man who claims to be a woman should not be able to share a public restroom with young girls, there is nothing of value to be found on that forum.

Trust me, you get banned for way less than that. Shit, I saw they permabanned a long time Jewish member on that site and claimed he had history of antisemitism. 😂 All because he questioned US foreign policy and one of the mods became a sensitive bitch and banned him for "personal reasons."

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
People can think words are violence all they want, the law disagrees. Words no matter how offensive or threatening are not enough to justify assault or battery under the letter of the law. It’s not a subjective issue, some people have just decided to live in their own little world.

Menzies

Banned
People can think words are violence all they want, the law disagrees. Words no matter how offensive or threatening are not enough to justify assault or battery under the letter of the law. It’s not a subjective issue, some people have just decided to live in their own little world.
Not sure that’s entirely accurate.

Under some states ‘verbal assault’ exists.

Though to qualify it normally means an imminent threat of violence, like walking towards someone with a baseball bat raised threatening harm.

But lol, Chapelle is not guilty of this.

Jsisto

Imagine calling a joke violence with all the ongoing wars and atrocities happening in the world on a daily basis. They like to talk about privilege. Well that is some grade A, top of the line, organic fair trade, sustainably grown privilege right there. Try telling someone in like…Yemen, Afghanistan or Ukraine that the bad joke men committed a violence on you. “I’m sorry you’ve lost your home and entire family to war….I, too, am a victim of this vicious campaign of violence by Dave Chapelle and Joe Rogan!” Idiots.

Last edited:
A lot of them are tankie fucks who never believed in democracy. They always made side comments supporting dictators because they were “communist”, or some such bullshit. They’ve always been far-left types that have corrupted forums slowly, and did the same to NeoGaf before the controversy from years back. The past two years have exposed them for who they truly are, angry radicals.
If Era types were in power, literal genocide would be unavoidable. They'd slide down that slippery slope within a minute. I'm not even exaggerating.

OZ9000

Banned
Imagine calling a joke violence with all the ongoing wars and atrocities happening in the world on a daily basis. They like to talk about privilege. Well that is some grade A, top of the line, organic fair trade, sustainably grown privilege right there. Try telling someone in like…Yemen, Afghanistan or Ukraine that the bad joke men committed a violence on you. “I’m sorry you’ve lost your home and entire family to war….I, too, am a victim of this vicious campaign of violence by Dave Chapelle and Joe Rogan!” Idiots.
When feelings matter more than limbs.

So he's a trash rapper ...

LMAO, this is too good. Like you said, the rapping is pure trash. But he's also trying to look tough standing ON a cop car. Except it's in what looks to be a suburban strip mall that has a fucking PETCO in it.

Street cred: -5

If Era types were in power, literal genocide would be unavoidable. They'd slide down that slippery slope within a minute. I'm not even exaggerating.
Exactly.

I mean, we have plenty of examples from the 20th century in which governments, with that twisted mentality, committed massive atrocities against their own people.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The repugnant thing about Ree is that their radicalism is actively curated. This isn't just a community of edgelords going to extremes for the lulz, its encouraged and validated by the moderators.

This is why I absolutely refuse to give them any attention any more.

Top Bottom