• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Ayer, Margot Robbie Reteam for All-Female DC Villains Movie Gotham City Sirens

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this even possible.

The same thread title and all.

C8rlW8v.png

Alt-accounts?

Boke1879

Suicide Squad was bad and Margot Robbie made a bad Harley Quinn with a confusing accent. That was the reasoning behind my post.

Thoughts on the movie aside, but most people love her as Harley. This movie was pretty much her idea. She's gonna be a big draw.

CloudWolf

?

But DC has a great arsenal of female characters and I'm glad they're getting the spotlight. This movie could be great if done right.
Yeah, but look what happened last time when David Ayer, WB and Margot Robbie tried to make a film about an all-villain team.

I'm not saying it can't be good, but the chances are very, very slim of it being good.

a916

Ayer is a talented director, hopefully the script will get more love than the 6 weeks it took to write that terrible SS one.

I have no idea what WB's end game here is... their focus should be building up the Justice League... or getting seperate Batman and Superman films made, not another Batman rogues gallery film.

I'm saying neither role is okay. Of course it wasn't okay to make her an abused partner, that was just as profoundly fucked up as maker her an abused partner in this.

I'm saying they had an opportunity to actually make her character feel like it was liberating herself from the Joker and make that a key arc to her character.

Instead they just did the same thing all depictions of her do when they get lazy, they lean on the abuse angle.

Hagi

Better not have the same shitty costume designs as Suicide Squad. Man if they fuck up Selina...

Suicide Squad was a an absolute shit show but I'm not surprised that they have Ayer for this when Snyder can get 3 films.

dcelw540

I'm not super hopefully expect David Ayer isnt's writing and isn't gonna be just 7 weeks to write the script.

Boke1879

So that means the movie is great?

I didn't say that, but it made money and people watched it. A lot of people did. Regardless of what you or I think about this. It put butts in seats. People enjoyed her character along with Smiths rendition of Deadshot.

Margot imo had a lot to do with it. She's getting a chance again. She'll be a huge draw. All you gotta do is make a fun movie, with action with these characters fucking shit up and you'll have people ready to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom