• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Ventara

Yes! I'm totally in for the Vita physical copy once it's up. I hope it's similarly priced to the PC copy and not at some super-high tier.

Jazz573

There was an interesting Backers only update yesterday. Don't know if it would be proper to share anything from it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I hope physical Vita ver. isn't going to be KS exclusive. Don't have the money to back it right now.
Same. I splurged for the Superbeat Xonic LE and now have to cancel some preorders, including this. 😕 I'll got itit on launch though!

This comment about SG Vita's sales is kind of interesting too.

Well, yeah- Minecraft is a fucking juggernaut, but its core audience is young children, which is not a group the Vita is known for being successful with. Steins;Gate is a niche game, but is targeted at the one audience the Vita is successful with. Not really a shock to see it outsell Minecraft in light of all that.

Prelude.

Well, yeah- Minecraft is a fucking juggernaut, but its core audience is young children, which is not a group the Vita is known for being successful with. Steins;Gate is a niche game, but is targeted at the one audience the Vita is successful with. Not really a shock to see it outsell Minecraft in light of all that.
Not exactly. It's pretty successful in Europe with that audience and it's the reason why even Sony keeps publishing those kids games and making kids-friendly bundles.
Also, Minecraft Vita has almost 60k rating on the EU store alone, which is pretty insane.

Not exactly. It's pretty successful in Europe with that audience and it's the reason why even Sony keeps publishing those kids games and making kids-friendly bundles.
Also, Minecraft Vita has almost 60k rating on the EU store alone, which is pretty insane.
They've got to be taking about only physical, though. It seems most people who bought Steins;Gate (at least in Europe) went physical, it didn't even make it to the PSN monthly top sellers list but it apparently sold pretty well on Vita. That's definitely a trend I'd expect from the otaku audience.

Black Hat

They've got to be taking about only physical, though. It seems most people who bought Steins;Gate (at least in Europe) went physical, it didn't even make it to the PSN monthly top sellers list but it apparently sold pretty well on Vita. That's definitely a trend I'd expect from the otaku audience.

It's good news though as it will lead to more and more visual novels hitting Vita in English.

Vita ain't dead yet!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Now, if someone could be arsed to bring Higurashi When They Cry Best to the west...

He's probably talking physical and within a certain time period. Obviously SG can't compete with Minecraft in anything but really specific circumstances, but that quote at least is an indicator that the Vita physical copy sold pretty well.

Shizuka

I gotta give it to Degica, the amount of diverse merchandise and different tiers are incredible. The communication with fans has been superb as well, taking into account the feedback and all. It makes me hopeful, I want Degica to do more of these as well, specially for visual novels.

In Europe at least the physical release of Steins;Gate was significantly cheaper than the download one for some reason. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that went retail because of that.

upandaway

g4ZJziQ.png

tJ9i8Ww.png

Ventara

Yes! In at $150, though it's gonna hurt my wallet.

So, do we get a digital PC copy at the $150 tier? Sorry, I'm not clear on that.

Edit: I assume it comes with a digital Vita copy as well, right?

Shizuka

More tidbits from the Vita version from the Kickstarter:

For the $150 tier: You can still choose digital Vita over digital PC, but please read the FAQ for the things to keep in mind.

PSTV: it supports PSTV.

Add on: the Vita physical copy will be available as an add-on to your existant pledge if you want.

And about the amount of cartridges for the Vita version, they just confirmed on Gematsu's comments:

Muv-Luv Alex Cattaneo • 3 minutes ago
Yes, 2 catridges.

Prelude.

$80 is the cost of two Vita games anyway. Unless you're waiting for a sale that would probably be the retail price.
Maybe, unless they screw me royally with shipping fees/customs, I never bought something off KS. But still, I'd like to know if that's the only way to buy it beforehand.

And about the amount of cartridges for the Vita version, they just confirmed on Gematsu's comments:
First game ever to come with multiple cartridges in the west?

Prelude.

Considering they're separate games, I don't consider it as multiple cartridges.
Well, I meant multiple carts in a single package. Like FFX|X-2 was supposed to be. Or are they in separate cases?

Edit: No, wait, I think FFX|X-2 had two cases in Japan as well, nevermind then.

Shizuka

They just got back to me on Facebook:

They will be available after Kickstarter but slightly higher cost.
The $150 box is similar to PC Box with a Vita holder inside.
They are two catridges (two games), that's why the price is 80$.

Shizuka

The PR behind this Kickstarter is nothing short of impressive. After talking to them, they said they're hoping Muv-Luv is successful enough so that they could bring more visual novels to the Vita and encourage other japanese companies.

Lain

Time to switch to the Vita $150 tier then.
Also since I went to switch I saw they are less than 3k away from the goal, cool.

Cqef

Has there been any clear announcement about how the translation and localisation process will be handled? Like, will they translate the games from scratch or will they only polish Ixrec's fan-translations?
Because if they *do* retranslate from scratch, they will either rush it to stay within the release date (nov. 2016) or delay the games way farther than announced.

Has there been any clear announcement about how the translation and localisation process will be handled? Like, will they translate the games from scratch or will they only polish Ixrec's fan-translations?

They haven't been specific other than to say they are working with Ixrec's script. From what I gather they plan to polish that and are using Japanese translators to translate the new material from the stretch goals.

Cqef

They haven't been specific other than to say they are working with Ixrec's script. From what I gather they plan to polish that and are using Japanese translators to translate the new material from the stretch goals.

Oh, everything is fine then, thanks for clarifying.

So if i already pledged for the $150 tier i have a choice to get the physical vita version?

There are now 2 different $150 tiers, one for each platform. Switch over to the one for the Vita if you want that. Or if you want both you will be able add a physical Vita copy as an add-on.

Top Bottom