• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

I really think its something faulty in the hardware. All of my friends and myself have a pro and haven't experienced any crashes at all. Sony needs to figure out what's going wrong in the games causing crashes repeatedly.

Mezoly

I don't think it has anything to do with the game. I think its Pro thing. Has anyone had this issue on Xbox?

PS4, Xbox, and PS4 Pro have different hardware that means they could get different Software bugs based on the differences of hardware. While I think this might be a hardware issue due to other reasons, the logic that if it's not crashing on A device that mean B device is the problem is not how software and hardware works. Even if it crashes on some A devices but not all A owners, it does not necessarily means a faulty hardware, it could be the data or some combination on those specific devices are causing the issue.

katsais

I've yet to have a single crash on my Pro while doing 1080p. This is on both my launch Pro and the new shiny white Destiny 2 Pro (30+ hours of gameplay)

If there's is an issue, Bungie and Sony better fix it soon. My local Best Buy was has been sold out of the D2 Bundles since Friday.

ValeYard

Mezoly

Okay so anyone who has experienced crash issues is still getting them?

I still can't get past the first level when I tried today.

I can't believe it!

Well, now I don't know what to do. I finished Destiny on my 'amateur' ps4, was going to send the pro in for repair some time this week.

I did have two crashes during a few hours with Tomb Raider. Any suggestions? Send in, wait? What's everyone else doing?

My box is coming Wednesday and I would probably have to send it on Thursday. So by then if there is no mention of an actual patch coming I will send mine. My Pro crashed on RoTR demo and there is chance that a future game will have the same issue only this time it will most likely be less popular than Destiny and it would not get the same attention and won't have a fix so I don't want to risk it. If there is a patch and turned out that they nerfed some graphics feature, I would also send it because that means that some pros can't handle the pressure. I agree it's a little confusing situation, I hope it will be cleared out by early this week.

ValeYard

I still can't get past the first level when I tried today.

My box is coming Wednesday and I would probably have to send it on Thursday. So by then if there is no mention of an actual patch coming I will send mine. My Pro crashed on RoTR demo and there is chance that a future game will have the same issue only this time it will most likely be less popular than Destiny and it would not get the same attention and won't have a fix so I don't want to risk it. If there is a patch and turned out that they nerfed some graphics feature, I would also send it because that means that some pros can't handle the pressure. I agree it's a little confusing situation, I hope it will be cleared out by early this week.

Thanks for your reply. Your strategy sounds very reasonable, I think I might follow it, too. I just didn't want to send the console in, for them to say there's nothing wrong with it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Whelp I spoke too soon. Was in the edz. Crashed in the middle of completing an objective. Heh. Hopefully a one off. Time for bed anyways.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
PS4 Pro owner, 1080p TV user, already finished Earth and now i'm on my second mission on Titan. So far, not a single crash.

The game crashed twice on my Pro. First time after about 2 hours, second time after 20 mins....
It`s installed on a external HDD.

Edit:
I turned off HDCP and played about 2,5 hours...without crashing. I`m on the second planet now.

ValeYard

The game crashed twice on my Pro. First time after about 2 hours, second time after 20 mins....
It`s installed on a external HDD.

I tried external, internal, and then OG HDD back in the ps4 pro. Didn't stop the crashing. I also did a clean install of the FW. Just in case anyone is thinking of trying it, but isn't sure they have the time for all the trouble shooting. No matter what I did, the game eventually crashed.

I'm waiting on a bunch of bubble wrap to arrive, as I have to pack the ps4 myself here, apparently. Otherwise, I'm just watching the news. I mean, @askplaystation actually said something. Our PMs stopped when they directed me to the phone support, and I told them I'd already been there.

kris.

Banned
Nice nice nice, I bought the game last night and played for about an hour and it crashed on me right as we were finishing a public event. Missed out on that sweet sweet loot, but I'm glad they're acknowledging the issue and trying to fix it.

ValeYard

Nice nice nice, I bought the game last night and played for about an hour and it crashed on me right as we were finishing a public event. Missed out on that sweet sweet loot, but I'm glad they're acknowledging the issue and trying to fix it.

Sorry to have to say welcome to the club.

If anyone did send off their pro this week and got word back from a repair center, I'd be curious as to whether a problem was identified.

I bought the game and cannot get past the first mission where enemy waves appear. It crashes on me for every attempt (like 10 times now). It's frankly ridiculous.

I'm thinking of calling amazon later today to see if I can get a replacement.

Edit: I tried turning boost mode off and nothing changes. Still the same bullshit.

Well we're in the path of whatever they're calling that Irma Hurricane now. Had my system in Rest Mode when our power went out for a few hours. Now I can't even get my system to boot into Safe Mode.

Contacted Sony and they're going to replace it since it was still under warranty. Hopefully when I get it back it will be able to run Destiny 2.

Ellite25

I played last night on my Pro for the first time (4K TV) and I got multiple crashes during the first mission. A couple times I tried to reboot the game and it would make it to the title screen with tons of lag when you have to select your character to start the game. The circle would move around the screen but at an extremely slow pace. I then tried to watch HBO go on my PS4 and kept getting crashes as well, something that has never happened before. Also, the HBO go app was having the same lag problem at Destiny was.

So wtf happened? Did Destiny 2 somehow mess up my entire system?

tbm24

My pro crashed yesterday towards the end of a mission on Titan. Playing on 4K tv. Was disappointing but not too annoyed as it once out of hours of play. Hope it's resolved quickly.

ValeYard

I played last night on my Pro for the first time (4K TV) and I got multiple crashes during the first mission. A couple times I tried to reboot the game and it would make it to the title screen with tons of lag when you have to select your character to start the game. The circle would move around the screen but at an extremely slow pace. I then tried to watch HBO go on my PS4 and kept getting crashes as well, something that has never happened before. Also, the HBO go app was having the same lag problem at Destiny was.

So wtf happened? Did Destiny 2 somehow mess up my entire system?

This has happened to quite a few of us. So maybe destiny does mess up the entire system :/ most strange.

is there even any evidence that it has anything to do with 1080p? seems like tons of people using 4k are experiencing the problem also

ValeYard

is there even any evidence that it has anything to do with 1080p? seems like tons of people using 4k are experiencing the problem also

Yeah, no the thread title is wrong, it happens on 4K too. To a lesser extent, I've heard of OG PS4 crashing, but most crashes seem to be on pros, but definitely not on all.

nelo_inc

Hope Sony can clarify what's happening.

Maybe correct this issue with a software update, or even with a new revision to the hardware.

Just had a crash in the middle of an adventure but not sure it is related. Annoyed the hell out of me though, didn't go back after they happened.

Returners

Trying this again, when crashing, were you playing with friends in the same roster?

I was playing solo for a while without crashing and after joining a friend for a public event, I crashed the first event I joined.

Ocirus

Trying this again, when crashing, were you playing with friends in the same roster?

I was playing solo for a while without crashing and after joining a friend for a public event, I crashed the first event I joined.

Literally no difference. I've crashed solo, after a fresh boot, within 30 seconds of landing in the EDZ.

EDIT: Realized I didn't fully explain. Whoops. I've also crashed in a fireteam, in a strike, in solo missions (no fireteam members or other public players). Makes no difference.

Returners

Literally no difference. I've crashed solo, after a fresh boot, within 30 seconds of landing in the EDZ.

EDIT: Realized I didn't fully explain. Whoops. I've also crashed in a fireteam, in a strike, in solo missions (no fireteam members or other public players). Makes no difference.

I've not crashed after reinitializing, and then staying away from my clan members in public events and spaces, only sticking to instanced missions and strikes with them.

How full is everyone's hard drive? I've cleared out a lot of games when doing a backup and restore. Currently 1/4 of my total capacity (500G out of 2TB)

ElNino

Finally got a chance to try Destiny 2 on the Pro last night and fortunately I didn't have any hard crashes in the two hours I played. I did however get kicked out of the opening tutorial/sequence due to a server connection failure which put me back to the beginning. That was strange that the opening tutorial is tied to the server. Thankfully, it didn't happen the second time through.

ValeYard

I've not crashed after reinitializing, and then staying away from my clan members in public events and spaces, only sticking to instanced missions and strikes with them.

How full is everyone's hard drive? I've cleared out a lot of games when doing a backup and restore. Currently 1/4 of my total capacity (500G out of 2TB)

After deleting and reinstalling the FW, my HDD was pretty empty, but it still crashed.

This is supposedly a hardware issue, folks. Bungie has been working with Sony to find a solution. A friend who had the same issue got EBGames to give him a replacement Pro and it's been smooth sailing since.

Top Bottom