• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Mezoly

Man Sony is going to take their sweet time with the service. I did the request on Thursday and won't get the coffin until Wednesday. Did anyone had a faster console repair turn around?

Stoffinator

Man Sony is going to take their sweet time with the service. I did the request on Thursday and won't get the coffin until Wednesday. Did anyone had a faster console repair turn around?

I contacted them via support chat on Tuesday and got the package on Friday. They said it would be around 5 to 10 business days.

Pjsprojects

Just played five hours with a combo of story on IO & adventures/public events on Earth with no problems,fans silent. My Pro is a six day old black one on a 4k hdr tv.

newman929

Neo Member
That's awful to hear, as I just said fuck it and bought a new, white, Destiny 2 PS4 Pro.
I had more reasons to do it than just because of this crashing issue, but still hate to hear it's crashing on new consoles.

Just got back from GameStop, was able to exchange for a new pro destiny bundle. Have been playing in the EDZ for an hour and a half and able to compete 3 adventures. All on 4K. No crashes yet. Maybe it is only certain hardware.

Pachinko

Has anyone with this issue had it happen in any other games ? I'm not big into Destiny myself and my own pro gets used primarily for Persona , blood borne and streaming but my friend ? He has been suffering from this issue since launch day. He just finished 90 hours of FFXII with no crashing , plays 10 hours of SFV a week with no problems. Destiny 2 though has been crashing every 5-30 minutes for him. PS4 pro was purchased earlier this year.

I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware defect because that can be annoying .

Rellik

No crashes here. Nearing one year warranty expiration. Knock on wood.

1 day after warranty expires: "Guys, my PS4 died"

Happens to me every time.

Has anyone with this issue had it happen in any other games ? I'm not big into Destiny myself and my own pro gets used primarily for Persona , blood borne and streaming but my friend ? He has been suffering from this issue since launch day. He just finished 90 hours of FFXII with no crashing , plays 10 hours of SFV a week with no problems. Destiny 2 though has been crashing every 5-30 minutes for him. PS4 pro was purchased earlier this year.

I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware defect because that can be annoying .

It was also a problem with the latest Tomb Raider and Diablo 3.

Agent

I got extremely lucky today. I played for probably about 5-6 hours across a few different times and I only crashed maybe twice, both very early this morning. I was able to run strikes, play crucible and get some adventure/post-story missions done. If only it worked this good for the last 2 days. Now that I said this I will be in crash hell tomorrow.

The only thing I did was avoid EDZ since that seemed to be the main area I had the most problems in.

gt86

I have had one crash after going to the farm. The sound stopped first, then the game locked. Crashed to dash and when I launched it again it did a verifying install that took quite a while. So far nothing else. Launch ps pro 4k mode.

Pachinko

So my friend reinitiaized his console and loaded D2 up , played through 2 missions with no problems but the second he went to a public event in the euro dead zone it instantly locked up.

Really hope this isn't a hardware issue for everyone's sake.

ValeYard

So my friend reinitiaized his console and loaded D2 up , played through 2 missions with no problems but the second he went to a public event in the euro dead zone it instantly locked up.

Really hope this isn't a hardware issue for everyone's sake.

Thanks! Yeah, just not knowing sucks. I've already requested a repair but would cancel if it turned out to be software by Tuesday/Wednesday. @askplaystation is a joke.

Mezoly

Thanks! Yeah, just not knowing sucks. I've already requested a repair but would cancel if it turned out to be software by Tuesday/Wednesday. @askplaystation is a joke.

I tweeted at them once during PSVR wobbling issues and they would just pm me a phone number to call. They are not customer service at all, they just serve as re-direct to customer service. Quite useless, maybe they just want to prevent people from complaining on social media almost like PR.

Returners

Question for crashing folks:

Anyone hooked it up to TV via the PSVR box?

Just thinking if the PSVR box is somehow messing with the HDCP?

raizy

Neo Member
Soo, kind of a bummer to have my first post be in this topic, but whatever.

I've had those crashes in the beta and they were even worse in the main game.
Could get past the first mission but after that it was horrible. Crashed about 10 times in my 2 hours of trying to play.
I've had the 'lighter crashes' were it would just freeze and boot you to the homescreen and two of the hard crashes with absolutely no more response and HDMI cut out.

PS4 pro, 1080 TV

I called Amazon about the problems and they sent me a replacement unit the next day. Hooked it up and had no problems ever since.

Slightly OT, but since getting the Pro I have guaranteed crashes on Dangerous Golf at the 'replay damage' screen, and Plex always crashes if I try to play it after using rest mode and not closing the app.

Rellik

Just had my first crash after about six hours while doing a public event in edz. Bummer.

I wouldn't worry too much over a single crash. Start the worrying if keeps happening.

Soo, kind of a bummer to have my first post be in this topic, but whatever.

I've had those crashes in the beta and they were even worse in the main game.
Could get past the first mission but after that it was horrible. Crashed about 10 times in my 2 hours of trying to play.
I've had the 'lighter crashes' were it would just freeze and boot you to the homescreen and two of the hard crashes with absolutely no more response and HDMI cut out.

PS4 pro, 1080 TV

I called Amazon about the problems and they sent me a replacement unit the next day. Hooked it up and had no problems ever since.

Welcome to GAF.

Definitely sounding like an hardware issue if a replacement instantly fixes it. Hopefully I got lucky with mine. I did get lucky with a silent fan.

ValeYard

I rolled back the FW from the beta -- still crashed.

Now, I've put the OG HDD in the pro and will see what happens. My friends advise to either send in to Sony or wait for word from bungie. I've initiated a repair with Sony, but in Germany they don't send a coffin apparently and you have to figure that shiz out yourself.

newman929

Neo Member
Definitely seems to be hardware, I've been able to play over 8 hours at 4K without a freeze since taking my pro back to GameStop and getting a new one.

IMACOMPUTA

My new destiny 2 ps4 pro does not crash. Played for 6 hours yesterday and had 0 problems.

I'll keep watching this thread to find out what the deal is with my OG pro.

killroy87

PS4 Pro, 4K tv. I've had two crashes in a few hours of play, one in the EDZ and one in a Crucible match. Getting the same error message as others here. Literally the only game I've had this problem with, so I'm hesitant to blame the hardware (especially when it seems to be such a common issue)

invisibleB

Neo Member
So my input on this, Playing on PS4 Pro (UK day 1 nov 2016 sku) 1080p Sony tv (gaming mode, Full RGB) high speed HDMI cables in chain, going to 1080p powered splitter, then to TV! (only problems with PS4 Pro is random HDMI sync problems so have to restart to get sync)

Played beta on internal 1TB hard drive with no problems other than random frame spikes!

Played full game on external Seagate expansion portable 4TB hard drive (set to extended) with no problems. Put in say 20-30 hours not a single bug.

Recorded 1 hour on Titan (1080p) for YT anyway as a content creator. if you want to check to see anything i may have missed in spoilers so not seen as ad!
Played Tomb Raider demo (installed on internal 1TB drive) and couldn't see any probs, was trying to mess with all settings also.

Played Diablo 3 & Necromancer DLC (installed on internal 1TB drive) 10 plus hours. think 1 random crash.

Was kinda worried about my random sync problems on PS4 Pro as it is, but had to test all this as wanted to know!

If anyone wants me to check/try anything please let me know as happy to help!

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
I'm running a Pro at 1080p and no in-game sudden crashes here.

Only crash I've seen is a crash when coming back into the game from suspend mode.

Zarth

Bungie has commented on it as a known issue. I don't think they know the cause. Bungie suggested turning off HDCP as per some forum recommendations.

My wife is playing fine on our PS4 Pro without crashing. Our pal who we were running with started crashing at very specific points and getting stuck there. He moved to a non Pro and was fine.

w/e it is it appears to be related to something the Pro is doing and doesn't seem to affect everyone.

There are some weird quirks with this game. I've run into FPS bugs and such where I have to reboot my PS4 to fix it. It is definitely doing some strange crap.

Ocirus

The lack of communication about this from Sony and Bungie is infuriating. Its been nearly a week

Knowing how Bungie typically deals with stuff they don't understand, I think it's going to be quite a while before we hear anything. In fact, it's unfortunately more likely they'll just stop acknowledging it.

this might be a separate issue but I noticed for the first time today my ps4 pro was running really loud after playing destiny 2 (digital on external HD). I went into the store to rent a movie right after and there was artifacting on the store ui for a little bit. i never had that happen before.

I've never had an issue with my pro getting loud or artifacting with any of the 2gb worth of digital games I've played until destiny 2 came along.

Day 1 PS4 Pro owner and I played Destiny 2 all weekend and I had no crashes. It's on a 1080p monitor, boost mode on and a digital copy of Destiny 2.

Mezoly

I installed Destiny on an external and was able for the first time to pass the Zavaala waves with no crashes, got my hopes up then it crashed on the next area. I'm backing up my PS4 to the external then will do system initialization.

The lack of communication about this from Sony and Bungie is infuriating. Its been nearly a week

While they commented on it before, it has been 48 hours with no updates and the last thing they said they contacted the platform partner(i.e. Sony). The longer this lingers I'm more and more convinced that this is a a Hardware issue that Sony doesn't want it to get out and they would just service the systems quietly since they are all under warranty still.,

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Question for crashing folks:

Anyone hooked it up to TV via the PSVR box?

Just thinking if the PSVR box is somehow messing with the HDCP?

Mine's hooked up through the PSVR and through a powered HDMI switcher. No crashes in 20+ hours of play.

Ocirus

Something I was thinking about today, and it got me worried: I hope Bungie isn't looking at metrics like "are people who report crashes playing without issues now." Because I personally snagged a used standard PS4 just to play until this malarkey is figured out. So it would look like I'm putting in all these hours without crashes, but it's because I'm not using my Pro. I know there are many doing the same.

tootie923

I had a crash today CE-34878-0, PS4 Pro on a KS8000 4K TV. First time crashing since launch day. I was patrolling on Nessus at the time. I've also had several instances where I'd lose the connection on my Dual Shock 4. Most of the time I'd have a HyperX Cloud II connected to it.

RPS37

Someone has to come out and explain what the cause of this is. I have no intention of ever playing Destiny 2 on my Pro, but if there is a hardware issue I wanna know.

Top Bottom