• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 officially announced (with a logo only) [Up: Cayde-6 Toy Pre-Order Bonus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHall

giphy.gif

Toli08

As crazy as this year has been for games. This is my most anticipated title of the year. Can't wait to get back into this world with my friends.

Destiny raids are some of the best experiences had on consoles this gen. Speak to anybody who finished one if you need citations.

I disagree as someone who finished some. Not sure why some people liking/disliking one small part of a game makes it worthwhile or not though. Weird hill to die on.

Has there been any rumors as to whether this one is coming to PC? Never made sense that the first didn't and would love to play with my dad and brother.

Salty Hippo

I love how they think this is enough to get people excited after the disaster that was the first game (vanilla). "A logo is all we need to get those ship jumpers back on board!"

Well that's definitely a 2. Hoping there's a little more to the announcement today or this week. The leaked poster was more exciting than this.

Bungie think they are rockstar or something?

wheres the trailer though

Depends how you look at it.

For example Destiny outsold Red Dead Redemption.

Though clearly no game can match GTAV so no they aren't as big as Rockstar.

Destiny 2 will likely sell 25+ million copies

KageMaru

That's it? Well they are off to a great start. /s

Won't get remotely excited until they prove there is actually $60 worth of quality content in their $60 game. Bungie did a lot of damage to their reputation with the first Destiny + DLC IMO.

Pandy

Planning to give Bungie one last roll of the dice with this. Outside of Rainbow 6 I'm not really feeling any of the current crop of FPS games, so I'm hoping this brings me back in.

Destiny felt so goddamn good to play, I just couldn't be doing with the way they messed things around after launch.

Now that's how you announce a game! None of this "20 minute demo that describes the new features of the game" trailer nonsense.

Wedzi

Banned
Hoping the first trailer will be gameplay and not CG but I'm guessing it'll be the latter with a "see the first gameplay at the Sony E3 conference"

I love how they think this is enough to get people excited after the disaster that was the first game (vanilla). "A logo is all we need to get those ship jumpers back on board!"

I love how uneducated people are about Destiny's actual sales trajectory and overall view of what consumers actually think about it.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Destiny raids are some of the best experiences had on consoles this gen. Speak to anybody who finished one if you need citations.
Speaker of the Truth right here. Finishing the Vault the first time is one of the best gaming experiences I have EVER had. The rest pale a bit in comparison, but they were all some of the best social gaming times in my life. Then there are the people who hosted chest checkpoints which is how I got my Gjally (Gordon cp). So many amazing memories. Destiny raids are the most fun.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
lol Destiny 2 is teased and people feel underwhelmed. Rockstar just showed their logo in a certain artstyle and didn't even mention Red Dead and everyone goes bananas.

FyreWulff

Good. Will check. Still don't understand why not follow the WoW model.

They pretty much did for Taken King. Taken King was a complete client replacement on all 4 platforms, the disc was really just a key to make the game boot up at that point. The "original Destiny" at that point was consolidated into 3 Crucible playlists and the old strikes/nodes left on the map.

I'm going to guess even if it's technically possible that they could have kept everyone on a unified client, we're splitting off so people get the perception that it's a new era/upgrade of the game and not an expansion. Would have been nice and clean to keep everyone unified, but I understand the marketing and perception reasons, I guess.

border

Considering that Bungie has already flat-out acknowledged the existence of a sequel in their communiques and livestreams, this barely qualifies as news to me. And the logo itself is actually quite lazy.

I hope they have a trailer or some details to go along with all of this.

nOoblet16

Yeah, I don't think a numbered "sequel" is necessary given how popular the franchise is today and with the Year 1, Year, 2, etc classification Bungie seemed to be going with along with sub-titled expansions..

Because engine limitations. Th engine used for Destiny 1 is archaic which takes considerable amount of time for content creation, it also has its roots in last generation.

Gudji

Depends how you look at it.

For example Destiny outsold Red Dead Redemption.

Though clearly no game can match GTAV so no they aren't as big as Rockstar.

Destiny 2 will likely sell 25+ million copies

The first game isn't considered good by many and sold a shit ton... now imagine if the 2nd game is good or even great.

DieH@rd

Banned
What about Destiny 1 and the ten year plan? False advertising at it again?

The old plan [which can change any times Acti and Bungie sit at the table, daily for all we know] included many games that would be released over the period of 10 years.

Please be on Switch.. please be on Switch..

Nah. The game was in the production for nextgen consoles for a long time now, and they just recently said goodbye from crossgen support. They are not interested in Gen7 level of hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom