• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape | Launch Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

Make your own fate. 🔺 May 28 @ 8am PDT​

Dive into the free-to-play world of Destiny 2 to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, explore the mysteries of our solar system, and unleash elemental abilities against powerful enemies. Create your Guardian and collect unique weapons, armor, and gear to customize your look and playstyle. Experience Destiny 2’s cinematic story alone or with friends, join other Guardians for challenging co-op missions, or compete against them in a variety of PvP modes.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Lets Go Wow GIF by FaZe Clan

Im super pumped for this, its been a long journey and I know they've had ups and downs but all the vidocs got me super hyped for this.

Lets end this on a high note.

LordOfChaos

I legitimately hope they manage to end it in a satisfying way. They have a long history of every galaxy scale big bad just fizzling out once they're here and oh there was yet another badder person behind them. I also hope the concluding story bits aren't hidden behind trying to arrange a 6 person raid etc, but this has been a fundamental core design of the game from the start.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

I legitimately hope they manage to end it in a satisfying way. They have a long history of every galaxy scale big bad just fizzling out once they're here and oh there was yet another badder person behind them. I also hope the concluding story bits aren't hidden behind trying to arrange a 6 person raid etc, but this has been a fundamental core design of the game from the start.
They said the final final mission of the campaign will be after the Raid. So even the Raid is pretty canonical directly this time.

And we already suspect the aftermath of TFS. The VEX will continue the saga onwards 100%. By the third episode if they had done their job right, the Witness would be dead/assimilated/transformed into a mural/NPC/Vex?/NewArena?, and Vex who has been planning shit for entire Destiny franchise will probably will become to centre again. Hope they made killing animation of Vex as fun as Hive or Taken.

LordOfChaos

They said the final final mission of the campaign will be after the Raid. So even the Raid is pretty canonical directly this time.

And we already suspect the aftermath of TFS. The VEX will continue the saga onwards 100%. By the third episode if they had done their job right, the Witness would be dead/assimilated/transformed into a mural/NPC/Vex?/NewArena?, and Vex who has been planning shit for entire Destiny franchise will probably will become to centre again. Hope they made killing animation of Vex as fun as Hive or Taken.

Yeah the in-game Vex could be done a lot more with, as the presumed winner of every previous universe's final shape before light and dark were introduced as new variables in the system

They're a lot scarier than they really seem

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Here we are...at the end of all things.

Destiny has had its ups and downs (and its been down for quite some time), but I'll play it. To cap a 10 year journey. To remember what was going on in my life 10 years ago. To remember who I was 10 years ago.

My most played game of all time. (Even though its not my favorite).

A game that truly introduced me to playing online with friends (I was late to this party).

So, Eyes Up Guardian.

splattered

Man trailer looks so good but I am seriously struggling with whether to pre-order and play this or not. I pre-ordered last ultimate edition expansion and didn't play last half of it. Trailer rocked though

Roxkis_ii

Monetization in Destiny 2 has left a bitter taste in my mouth (slowing progression for people who don't own certain expansions, needing specific expansions to play some nightfall, need a certain expansion to raise your Guardian rank.)

I had money for one game this pay period and I would rather spend it on a game that's not trying to nickel and dime me to death.

Pop

Looking really good just like every other cinematic. Story though, who knows

I'm hoping Bungie leans into the more mmo aspect in Destiny 3. Give us bigger maps, more flexibility in talent trees.

Raven117

Gold Member
Looking really good just like every other cinematic. Story though, who knows

I'm hoping Bungie leans into the more mmo aspect in Destiny 3. Give us bigger maps, more flexibility in talent trees.
Not sure Destiny 3 is going to be made.

They said there are going to be more "episodes" going forward. Either way...This is going to be the crescendo for awhile.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow, the end of an era. I remember when I visited Bungie like 11-12 years ago and first caught an NDA’d glimpse of the first Destiny. I still have the Destiny-themed OGIO backpack they sent me. Crazy how time flies.

I wonder what Bungie will do after this? It’d be so sick if Microsoft contracted them for Halo work…

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Hmmm, I’m think of jumping back in. It would be cheaper for me to buy lightfall, and the previous expansions on pc than to renew my ps+. And my duder carry over…. Seems like an easy choice

yurinka

Wow, the end of an era. I remember when I visited Bungie like 11-12 years ago and first caught an NDA’d glimpse of the first Destiny. I still have the Destiny-themed OGIO backpack they sent me. Crazy how time flies.

I wonder what Bungie will do after this? It’d be so sick if Microsoft contracted them for Halo work…
They said that will continue with Destiny 2 but without this kind of major updates, I assume until they release Destiny 3.

They also announced Marathon, and a new IP that I assume will be their trademarked Matter.

Sony bought them, so they won't work in Halo again.

Not sure Destiny 3 is going to be made.
Destiny 1 and 2 made a shit ton of money and they are working on movie/tv show adaptations of Bungie IPs, which obviously will include Destiny.

When Sony announced the acquisition Bungie had 800+ employees and now they have 1500-1600 people. Make sure they are already working on Destiny 3.

Last edited:

quick overview of all the new exotic weapons and armors. that sniper that gives golden gun shoots? it DOES work with Celestial Nighthawk. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
They said that will continue with Destiny 2 but without this kind of major updates, I assume until they release Destiny 3.

They also announced Marathon, and a new IP that I assume will be their trademarked Matter.

Sony bought them, so they won't work in Halo again.
Ah shit I completely forgot about that. I thought they were independent at this point. Welp.

j0hnnix

Just got it, used my gift cards. I got Lightfall on sale so I'll warm up with that until Final Shape comes out. I thought I was done with Destiny.

Bungie

I had a dream that Bungie would make good expansions.

btw this is the final shape:

Last edited:

nikos

I'm hyped for this! The Witch Queen was great but Lightfall disappointed. Hopefully this one is good.

stn

I haven't played D2 in a long time. Is there currently anything missable, such as achievements/trophies? I know that some of the missions have ended, so some gear may not be obtainable anymore? Thanks.

Darchaos

Looks and feels like meh, i knew they wouldnt be able to make an awsome ending of this 10 year story ark. And who can blame them, all the people that maked Destiny what it was is gone. Just greed left, sellout as much as possible, just money no heart. So sad to see this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I haven't played D2 in a long time. Is there currently anything missable, such as achievements/trophies? I know that some of the missions have ended, so some gear may not be obtainable anymore? Thanks.
Jumping back into D2 is like missing out on 5+ sequels and a ton of shit on top of that.

It’s the most unapproachable game for returning or new players.

Good luck.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Almost called off of work but got next 2 days off and I’m sure game gonna shit the bed today per usual

clarky

Gold Member
I'm so glad I dropped this game 3 expansions ago but gotta say I am tempted in dipping back in for the last expansion.

Thinking Conan Obrien GIF
Played since the Beta, dropped it around the witch Queen ( didn't finish the campaign).

Just bought the Final shape, feels like i should at least see how it "ends". Plan on playing through from the witch queen to the end. If it grabs me again so be it.

Top Bottom