• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape | Launch Trailer

clarky

Gold Member
I've got Witchqueen but nothing after. I've seen enough of Lightfall to be willing to skip it. What's the best way to go about getting all this content? Just buying all the expacs? Bungie makes that part kind of confusing. Can I just grab that Legacy Edition that's on sale?
You only need The Final Shape (and the annual pass if you plan on playing all year) then if your not bothered about lightfall. I think. like you say its a very confusing set up.

Im a lapsed player myself so dont take my word as gospel.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Witch Queen was the last time I played. I really enjoyed it but got caught up in other games. Didn't bother going back for Lightfall when I heard how bad it was.

OMG that would be awesome. I wonder if we'll go to the galaxy of the Ecumene that the Hive wiped out a long time ago.

Raven117

Gold Member
I've never thrown or smashed a controller in my entire life...until now.

Dissent mission final boss is the holy trinity of dog shit game design. This entire expansion is the most obnoxious dog shit encounter design I've ever encountered.

Fuck Bungie for phoning it in and not testing this at fuckin all it feels like for Hunters trying to solo this. I'm at 1944 light and every weapon minus thunderlord might as well be a pea shooter.

Who in their right mind thought doing 5 bosses in one session was a good idea? Oh yeah they'll feel challenge and great about the boss spawning you from mid room, while you fight another boss and 10 guys while the main boss also creates a giant circle of electricity so you can't even use 40% of the fighting space. Oh wait! Let's make sure the adds are all assholes who rush you, blow up and create martrydom, oh and top it off by not letting them recover health by adding in flying gargoyle assholes in the second half of the fight.

We are so smart hehehehe.

Fuck this game and fuck Bungie.
Lol. Just have to learn the patters.

I also found some of their encounters a bit tricky… especially since you dont know where your checkpoint is and may not be able to load back in at the boss if you need a break.

I had some frustrating moments as well, but one just has to keep at it. You will find a strat that works

clarky

Gold Member
Against all odds they're making Destiny probably the best it's ever been. I just watched that Road Ahead ViDoc. Nice to see another developer that sees where they went wrong and puts in the work to fix it.
I've been a player since the D1 beta and it has certainly had its ups and downs. When its good though its really fucking good.

DeepSpace5D

I've got Witchqueen but nothing after. I've seen enough of Lightfall to be willing to skip it. What's the best way to go about getting all this content? Just buying all the expacs? Bungie makes that part kind of confusing. Can I just grab that Legacy Edition that's on sale?
The Legacy Collection will give you pretty much everything up to Lightfall. Then after that you are only missing Lightfall and The Final Shape.

I don't know, "Frontiers" kind of sounds like a collection of "episodes", I mean they made a big fuss about episodes... so there's 3 of these instead of 4 in a year, and they are time-gated in bigger chunks... I don't know I guess we'll have a better idea when Echoes launches in 8 hours... so far what with the season pass being largely the same (just extended), it doesn't feel too different yet.

Looking forward to the Dreadnaught stuff... that was my GOAT patrol zone... Pale Heart is pretty great too... but all the fetch quests and collectibles and whatnot just had some magic for me back then that nothing will ever match. I've been doing Dreaming City stuff for the title and I have to admit that the area is very impressive especially considering it was a post-campaign zone, but I just didn't play it that much in its time.

I'm kind of ready for a Destiny 3 but I'm not so interested in the growing pains. They really had to claw back on D2 for a while just to get to D1 levels, ya know?

Top Bottom