• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Lothars

you could skip vog completely and go straight to ce with vendor armour and weaponds. Sad but true.
I disagree mainly because vog is worth it for the weapons and exotics that you may get. The armor is useless but it's still worth doing.

Edit: I can't read apparently but yes I actually agree that you don't need to do it.

I did a normal crota run tonight and got nothing but my 4th no land beyond.

Sane_Man

Side note: I hate X-Frame for him being an ass during the IB in November... Not for running a team, but for tea-bagging my ghost after I killed him several times. That was, by far, the worst experience I've had with Destiny.

Lol what? Your worst experience in Destiny is getting tea bagged by someone? Sounds like you might be taking it a little too seriously...

Should I do more VoGs before jumping into Crota's End?

Do more VoGs if that was the only weapon you got. The scout rifle, hand cannon, shotty, sniper and machine gun are all damn, damn good... damn. That Atheon's AR, pulse rifle and the rocket launcher are kinda booty outside elemental burns.

Also VoG is way super duper more fun.

Bonus double post edit: Yes Crota will chase your ass down anywhere and everywhere in the arena if he is strongly aggro'ed onto you, including off the bridge or into the crystal room. Also he will go the "wrong direction" on the bridge if he's aggro'ed hard. e.g. he will go left after the 1st sword instead of right.

Lol what? Your worst experience in Destiny is getting tea bagged by someone? Sounds like you might be taking it a little too seriously...

To be fair, X-Frame is a creep. I hear he watches X-rated videos involving 2 Swords, 1 Crota.

Abylim

I agree, but I can kind of relate.

I'm surprised people still tea bag. Its really juvenile. To get that from a fellow gaffer, especially when feeling low already, is enough to get to some peeps.

I just shrug it off. I got tea bagged during my Thorn bounty. Went way more than even that match, killed the tea bagger a few times, but gasp, without tea bagging him back.

The easy way to deal with shit like that is to either not take it too seriously, like you suggest, or to just realize that some people are just assholes and want you to get pissed off by doing that.

To be honest, I'm a bit miffed on the lack of help I get from here, and from the Destinylfg or Gamefaqs. It just furthers the frustrations of no matchmaking, or no way to recruit people in game.

Life goes on, though!

T-bagging is so stupid that it just makes me laugh. If I get bagged I just get more fired up to kill that guy and bag back. I understand why it bothers people though, it's extremely juvenile.

To be honest, I'm a bit miffed on the lack of help I get from here

Could you elaborate on your experiences? Having a bad time with groups of Gaffers or just a pain to actually get responses when you are looking to run a certain activity?

The regulars around here are admittedly pretty clique-y at times but just because we've spent a lot of time playing together. We can all relate to the annoyances of no match making which is why we started trying to form dedicated groups together. If you can start finding people who are willing, able, and fun to reliably run your raids/NFalls/etc. each reset it helps a lot. But obviously the most frequent posters you might see around here are already in "committed relationships," ha.

To be honest, I'm a bit miffed on the lack of help I get from here, and from the Destinylfg or Gamefaqs. It just furthers the frustrations of no matchmaking, or no way to recruit people in game.

Life goes on, though!

I've always found this community to be really helpful. Due to working weird shifts I'm not able to run things at set times each week. So my usual team get together when they can. Dgaf has given me loads of help and I've reciprocated where able.

Whether that help is running me through crota on hard with thorough explanations or a quick run through a nightfall. All the way back to little gems like Hawkians levelling guide.

Future

speak for yourself. Xur brought us Rocket telemetry this week

* That being said, I do think its poor design how so much stuff got obsoleted so fast.

Part of the problem is bungie tactics to try to get you to pay for DLC. Gonna be seeing a lot of no man beyond and Dragons breath instead of it being distributed amongst more exotics more often, just like having the pleasure of dark below dailies every other day. What's funny is this sucks just as bad for people that have the dlc, cuz it's more repetitive than it has to be

Compel me to buy dlc by making the dlc awesome. Not by offering shittiness like no man beyond constantly

Looking to do hard Crota from the beginning. Anyone still willing to? My timing has been awful as far as finding a group. Haven't done it once yet

lol haven't seen that one before

Is team epic sax streaming?

Yes we were earlier. Finished a little bit ago lol

That happened before, it's not a wise idea to aggro him from the left or right side. Last time he smashed irawr near the crystal lol.

Thanks for the help Auto_aim1!

Thank you Auto_aim1!!! You were awesome

we could have done it without you firehawk

Finished Crota Hard Mode twice today and got two Word of Crotas. It was a great day with many defeats followed by great triumphs. Gonna give it another go tomorrow with my last toon because I'm hoping for the auto rifle.
crota_zpsubbkjfmq.jpg

Someone in our group got Jellyhorn after beating Atheon, guy was screaming and hyperventilating for 10 min, then went offline. I hope he's ok.

Unknown: Pls tell me you aren't glimmer farming at Exclusion Zone. Please.

Also if you still want to kil Crota in ~25 I can get back on and do it first try. Just make sure to suicide at the start so you don't wipe the run later on. :p

Someone in our group got Jellyhorn after beating Atheon, guy was screaming and hyperventilating for 10 min, then went offline. I hope he's ok.

You must have one yourself or else you would be hoping for something much darker...

Atkison04

Looking to take down hard mode crota for the second time in a couple of hours. Took my squad about two and a half hours yesterday while encountering several glitches. We have a solid strat. Kicking off at 1pm so please quote and comment for roster addition. Please be level 32.

1.]the7thAssassin 32 hunter gjallorhorn
2.]SoulClap 32 Titan gjallorhorn

3.]JustGotWicked 32 hunter

4.] Kydd-BlaZe 32 hunter gjallorhorn

5.] toastyToast 32 Titan

6.] Dynodom 32

Also if you still want to kil Crota in ~25 I can get back on and do it first try. Just make sure to suicide at the start so you don't wipe the run later on. :p

lol bounties :p

but sure, could use one more for Crota :p

Unknown left and then we beat Crota. Coincidence??

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Unknown :3

Mask of the Third Man and Apotheosis (spelling?) Veil can help in health regeneration for hunter and warlock respectively.

*shudder*

That's one of the worst ways I can think of to "farm ass." Do the Daily story missions, Hard Vault, break down legendary gear you don't need etc. You can do 1 PE a day but anything more than that sounds painful to me.

Well, It's easier with a Puiblic Event app that tells me when PEs are taking place.

Ambitious

Man, I just finished upgrading my Vanguard LDR 5001 and just then I got an Arc Longbow with Surplus, Field Scout and Outlaw from an engram. Which one to keep? It's basically Unflinching vs FS + Outlaw. RoF, impact and the other stats are basically the same. The LDR does have armor-piercing rounds, though.

Kydd BlaZe

Looking to take down hard mode crota for the second time in a couple of hours. Took my squad about two and a half hours yesterday while encountering several glitches. We have a solid strat. Kicking off at 1pm so please quote and comment for roster addition. Please be level 32.

4.]Kydd-BlaZe 32 Hunter gjallorhorn

5.]

6.]

I'm down!

Future

Man, I just finished upgrading my Vanguard LDR 5001 and just then I got an Arc Longbow with Surplus, Field Scout and Outlaw from an engram. Which one to keep? It's basically Unflinching vs FS + Outlaw. RoF, impact and the other stats are basically the same. The LDR does have armor-piercing rounds, though.

Ldr definitely for pvp. Armor piercing simply destroys, and you got ambush scope with unflinching. Perfect PVP sniper IMO

4.]Kydd-BlaZe 32 Hunter gjallorhorn

5.] toastyToast 32 Titan

6.]

I'll give it a shot.

You must have one yourself or else you would be hoping for something much darker...

I do have it thankfully :p

If you guys are doing Crota again and have a space let me know, I can join up with my lock.

phen0m24

I shoot the Swordbearer through the rocks with ldr

Top Bottom