• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: PS4 COD frame judder caused by frame rate HIGHER than 60fps

Kimppis

So? hes completely right and dont pretend hes not. I live in south america and i have no clue who all the people in those gifs are.

Most people in the USA cant recognise famous football players, most people in the rest of the world cant recognise basketall players from the USA.

Yeah, my point was that Michael Jordan isn't THAT well known around the world. There are countries where basketball is a popular sport and so on, but still. I don't follow basketball at all and as I said, I've heard the name many times before, but if you think most people from all around the world recognize Jordan... well, then I think you are wrong.

They probably wouldn't be as famous as MJ was. Yes even Messi or Ronaldo, the closest you could get would be Maradona or Pele.

You gotta be kidding? No way! And I think Messi and Ronaldo are more famous than Maradona and especially Pele nowdays.

not knowing who Kobe or Jordan is simply being not informed... Wouldnt you laugh if someone does not recognize Messi?

Theres a difference between a sport who is popular in the whole world vs one who is only popular in like 2 countries.

Are people seriously arguing over this? smh

omonimo

Banned
So you guys assume that everyone who visits GAF is 'Murican? USA = The World, LOL.

787939471.gif

I'm from the EU and before this thread I had no idea who's the guy in that gif. Well, now I know. I knew that there is a basketball player called Michael Jordan, but that's it. What if I show you some world famous football (soccer) player? You probably wouldn't recognize him.

O_O I'm european too but come on, now needs to be american to know who is it Micheal Jordan? O_O & I'm not exactly a fan of the sport.

Nymphae

Banned
My guess is that Polygon played the PS4 version of Ghosts before the 1080p patch was released. This increased the amount of perceived judder, since the framerate would be WAY above 60fps when running at 720p.

This also would explain why the Polygon reviewer had a tough time telling the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions, since both of them were actually running at 720p pre-patch.

Ok, so they played it at 720p with a higher FR than 60, which caused it to appear as though the framerate was worse? Shit is confusing lol.

Yeah, my point was that Michael Jordan isn't THAT well known around the world. There are countries where basketball is a popular sport and so on, but still. I don't follow basketball at all and as I said, I've heard the name many times before, but if you think most people from all around the world recognize Jordan... well, then I think you are wrong.

Oh a decent amount of people have heard of Michael Jordan around the world, but the last time anyone prob has seen it is in that stupid movie he did when he was MUCH younger and looked COMPLETELY different.

Rutgurk

Neo Member

You gotta be kidding? No way! And I think Messi and Ronaldo are more famous than Maradona and especially Pele nowdays.
Why so serious?
I'm from EU, don't follow any sport, and even I know who Jordan is. The guy's a legend. It's ok if you don't know who he is, but most people (of a certain age) should know :)

Anyway, interesting development, too many frames :eek:

So? hes completely right and dont pretend hes not. I live in south america and i have no clue who all the people in those gifs are.

Most people in the USA cant recognise famous football players, most people in the rest of the world cant recognise basketall players from the USA.

Every American knows who Peyton Manning is.

flkraven

Realize how few shits most countries give about basketball

I live in Europe, though...

So you guys assume that everyone who visits GAF is 'Murican? USA = The World, LOL.

There are several things that people can get touchy about with regards to American elitism and/or selfishness, but I don't think this is one of them. This isn't a hostile assumption that you should know this athelete because of 'Murica. This is geniune shock since Michael Jordan has been voted the Greatest Athlete of All-Time by various high-profile media outlets.

Kimppis

O_O I'm european too but come on, now needs to be american to know who is it Micheal Jordan? O_O & I'm not exactly a fan of the sport.

This is getting really off-topic, but oh well... I'm not saying that it isn't normal if you know who is Michael Jordan even if you are not American. I'm saying that if you not from 'Murica it's not really that strange if you don't know him. Like didn't he quit playing a long time ago?? So he's been in some movies or something? Because I don't watch movies lol. And I was too young to watch sports in the 90s.

I do follow sports other than football every now and then. I do recognize Fereder, Tiger Woods, Crosby, Vettel and so on... But Michael Jordan? Nope, I wouldn't have recognized his face. It can't be that odd!

EDIT: And if sounded hostile or aggressive, that was not my intention at all, just found the reactions somewhat strange. I live in Finland (where basketball is quite small, but still reasonably popular) and here probably half of the population wouldn't necessarily recognize him. And I'm sure it's the same in many many other places.

But voted greatest outside the US? No way...

EDIT 2: Living legend? No offence, but not around here. Well known? Hmm... sort of? No, really.

EDIT 3 (lol...): I think maybe 10 out 100 would recognize his face nowdays around the world, all 7 billion people combined. Actually probably less. That's how it is. He is the legend of basketball, sure, but around the world... well... that's about it. Again, no offence. And if we are talking about Michael Jackson, then I would understand the reactions. :D

omonimo

Banned
This is getting really off-topic, but oh well... I'm not saying that it isn't normal if you know who is Michael Jordan even if you are not American. I'm saying that if you not from 'Murica it's not really that strange if you don't know him. Like didn't he quit playing a long time ago?? So he's been in some movies or something? Because I don't watch movies lol. And I was too young to watch sports in the 90s.

I do follow sports other than football every now and then. I do recognize Fereder, Tiger Woods, Crosby, Vettel and so on... But Michael Jordan? Nope, I wouldn't have recognized his face. It can't be that odd!

No offense, but it's quite odd. Micheal Jordan is very famous. Sorry for the ot.

So, I'm very interested in whether or not Polygon will acknowledge this at all because it's damn funny. Really a lot of reviews mentioned the framerate.

Raist

Banned
I've seen this gif thousands of times but I still don't know who it is, could someone end my suffering please. It cracks me up every time.

I think he was one of the main actors in that weird movie with Bugs Bunny etc. Space Ham or something. I guess it wasn't very successful because his career ended there.

USC-fan

Banned
Whats the story on the game that they port it over and it ran 90fps @ 1080p on ps4 compared to 30fps? @ 900p on xbone?

No offense, but it's quite odd. Micheal Jordan is very famous. Sorry for the ot.

Go to any other country outside of america and show them a PICTURE of Michael Jordan.

Out of 100 people maybe 1 will recognise it. But yes this has gone to much ot, ill stop too.

Raymo

Xbox One score: 7.0
PS4 score: 6.5

And this just proves proves people can't tell the difference.

The fact that he said it occurs during hectic scenes means he is pulling it out of his ass. Since, it is confirmed to run at 60fps. During Hectic scenes, it would only drop to 60 and look fine. During non-hectic scenes, the "framerate" would be higher than 60 and that is when you would see the issues with jutter. His statement doesn't match up to how it performs.

787939471.gif

I'm from the EU and before this thread I had no idea who's the guy in that gif. Well, now I know. I knew that there is a basketball player called Michael Jordan, but that's it. What if I show you some world famous football (soccer) player? You probably wouldn't recognize him.

What are you talking about?

I'm a Dutch guy and not even a true basketball fan and I know Michael Jordan. That guy is a living legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDT-p1RRll0

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Fallout and Skyrim on my PC suffer from this exact same problem when I play them on my 60hz TV. Horrible juddering when the frame rate goes above 60fps.

I need to run a third party program named "DXTory" to hard limit the frame rate to 60fps to eliminate it.

Took me FOREVER to figure out the problem as well.

And now it's a Michael Jordan thread.

Also, this makes the Polygon review even more hilarious. I hope they revise it whenever it's patched to a locked 60.

jbartee

I like how this thread has become about Michael Jordan, lol.

Anyway, Michael Jordan is not some minor league celebrity of only national interest. This is a man who has single-handedly generated billions of dollars for Nike, appears in countless lists of the most powerful global celebrities as ranked my income / influence, and holds multiple olympic gold medals. Come on people.

Today? Or in say the 1990's?

Anyone can recognise Michael Jordan in the 90s, he made a movie that was quite popular. He has changed so much that if you showed most people a photo of who he is today and you told them who he is, they would think you are trolling them.

jbartee

Anyone can recognise Michael Jordan in the 90s, he made a movie that was quite popular. He has changed so much that if you showed most people a photo of who he is today and you told them who he is, they would think you are trolling them.

This is probably more to the point. It's a generational matter, not a national one. At the height of his fame he was the global celebrity par excellence.

I'm Irish, know there is a Michael Jordan who plays basketball and I've seen Space Jam. Only realised it's him in the GIF today though.

Azure J

How the hell would anyone in my country know who Michael Jordan is. He has NEVER appeared in the media here in like 20 years.

WHere in THEE fuck are you located? MJ was on an Olympic team for God's sake.

Not that I completely disagree regarding how informed one would be on who he is nowadays, but the fact of the matter is there's a real international bit of history to the man.

Clearly this thread has evolved to answer a much more important question

Do non-Americans recognize Michael Jackson in this day and age? Is it a generational issue?

But yeah hopefully IW can better control the PS4. Seriously thought IW was good at dropping frames....

Top Bottom