• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

$15 is fine. I expected more. Hell, at this point I'm just thankful that Blizzard didn't implement "Hell Crates" with a 0.01% chance of dropping the exclusive Necro class.

I have the physical disc for console.

I'll wait for Black Friday and get the Eternal digital edition for $20.

$15 for necro sounds like a rip off.

Cracklox

Eh. I'll save my $15 for a few months and grab the Grim Dawn expac for prob around the same price when it releases. I get a (arguably better) necro there as well, another new class, a new story act, raised level cap and a bunch of other stuff as well.

Maybe I'll play D3 necro one day but $15 for a class, that so far hasn't been sounding great, is a pass for now

scoobs

Seems like a completely reasonable price. A diablo class is not a simple thing to put together. Hopefully necro sets are dank

Laieon

But that means I would have to play path of exile and yeah that's a hard no to playing that game, such an unfun game.

Finally, someone around here has tastes. Path of Exile is boring. Grim Dawn is a better Diablo alternative.

Finally, someone around here has tastes. Path of Exile is boring. Grim Dawn is a better Diablo alternative.

I like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. I am also currently playing Path of Diablo. It's nice to have options.

On Topic: I would have floated the idea of trying Necro if he was under $10 but $15 seems too high to me for just a class as the patch is free to all players.

Radec

Hmmn... Even if its $5, not sure if ill e use necro.

The new season will look like 50-60% necro at the start lol.

Since there's no preorder bonus, I'll skip day 1.

I was easily expecting $19.99, I'll have no problem paying $15 for this.

Shit I would give them $4.99 for a stash tab.

Crazy how so many people are shitting on this price, I think the majority of people who play seasons regularly expected $20 for the Necro. $15 is nothing.

Akai XIII

Price is fine by me, I've had more than my money's worth out of the game. The Necromancer will freshen it up a bit, can't wait (as I can't preorder...).

zashga

$15 seems like a pretty bad deal for one character class and no additional content. Guess I'll pass on this one.

Poppy

meh if it was free i could see reinstalling diablo 3 but i dont think im into paying 15 bucks to enter the infinite grinding loop again with a slightly paler character

BashNasty

I like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. I am also currently playing Path of Diablo. It's nice to have options.

Path of Exile has terrible game feel, so I've never been able to get into it.

Grim Dawn is better but it's still no Diablo III.

Diablo just feels so damn great to actually play that I'll gobble up any content for it, pretty much regardless of price.

15 bucks is probably a bit too high, but what you gonna do...

I've hardly touched D3 for years and only kept it installed at all in case this turned out to be interesting. A new class design is pretty substantial content—going 1 to 70 in hardcore seasonal Adventure on a fool-around basis, which is likely what I'd do with this, could easily vacuum up a dozen hours, and actual Diablo players who stick around for the endgame/ladder stand to get far more out of it. But the price is right on the ceiling, when you consider that SC2 players got a substantial mini-campaign for the same cost of admission. Still, I doubt anyone expected this to be priced like a HotS hero launch at $10. Value perception will differ quite a bit depending on how one plays Diablo, and as a lapsed player I wouldn't consider this pack myself had I not already tried all the other classes, and were I not sitting on more Blizzard credit (thanks to WoW gold) than I care to spend.

The quality of how the character classes play has been D3's greatest asset from day one, so I don't mind a focused class-only pack if the developers were out of ideas to support a full-scale expansion and would rather work on D4.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Poe microtransactions are more for less so the dlcprice blizz is askin for isn't that bad. After my grind last season unsure if I'm coming back considering rng has been shit to me when it matters and dead sick of being stuck in garbage tilesets or gear I like Poe.

So wish blizzard wasn't all over the place with D3 or just plain stupid on some issues.

Path of Exile has terrible game feel, so I've never been able to get into it.

Grim Dawn is better but it's still no Diablo III.

Diablo just feels so damn great to actually play that I'll gobble up any content for it, pretty much regardless of price.

15 bucks is probably a bit too high, but what you gonna do...

Guess it's what you like playing these kinds of games for. End-game PoE is more fun to me than both of those games but that's just me. Diablo 3 gamplay gets really boring to me.

Flintty

I will absolutely play a necro for more than 15 hours so my dollar per entertainment hour ratio accepts this price.

That's exactly how I'm looking at it, even with the shit Pound at the moment :p

My hours put into this game (430 hrs) are the highest this gen and possibly ever with the exception of WoW. A few quid for a new class is good for me. People also forget the patches we've had over the years, bringing decent game improvements.

Edit: I lied, I've played Overwatch and Destiny more lol. Some of this may be me logged in whilst one of the kids played on their account though.

Piers

You Diablo fans are something else, being fine ponying up $15 for a single character.
Remember when Blizzard vowed to "save" Diablo III with Reaper of Souls and then charged $15 for that?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Guess it's what you like playing these kinds of games for. End-game PoE is more fun to me than both of those games but that's just me. Diablo 3 gamplay gets really boring to me.
It's infinitely better which makes me wonder how blizz is such ass at D3. I hated Poe but now that it runs great, I have a loot filter I control, fixable fov and I can use force move on my mouse as I please had no trouble getting in to it vs a few years back.

Labs, shaper, atziri and maps with mods plus trading don't fucking care to much easy mode that take 10 days of grinding to be geared for the season. It's pathetic playing gd and Poe seeing how much depth and variety D3 lacks.

15 for ONE class..
Games as service indeed..
10 would have been a tad pricey but, I could close my eyes..
15, it's blizzard trying to drill me a new one...

Nokterian

Path of Exile is something i don't like yes you can make builds like no other game could but the combat it self? Yes there a indie dev but to me Diablo 3 combat is still the best there is and for 15 euro's i will get the necromancer, no other game has me hooked like Diablo 3 does since RoS.

I love the weight when you do impact on thousand of demons and they all explode with glorious ragdoll effects.

I played this game more than 1000 hours since the release of RoS and i will get my money out of this in no time.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that is an obscene price. If you don't want them to keep doing this, don't buy it. If you don't mind overpaying for everything, have at it, cause there's not $15 of content in this.

Akai XIII

They've constantly updated and added new things to the game for free too, I don't mind supporting that via character packs.

bender

What time is it?
Seems pricey but they've done a good job supporting the title with free updates. I'm curious how the class plays. I didn't love the Crusader that was added to the latest expansion. If it looks as fun as the Wizard, Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, I'll probably splurge.

xenist

15 quid to play the same content for the 20th time...no thanks Blizz.

15 quid to play the same content for the 200th time...thanks Blizz.

There isn't a single class I haven't spent at least 50 hours with and my beautiful necro boy will not be an exception.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Seems pricey but they've done a good job supporting the title with free updates. I'm curious how the class plays. I didn't love the Crusader that was added to the latest expansion. If it looks as fun as the Wizard, Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, I'll probably splurge.

It's cause every time he has been good support or dps they nerfed the class.

Necro is hitting GR110 in beta with decent gear easy so I'm pumped short of heavy nerfs of it not offering much.

bender

What time is it?
It's cause every time he has been good support or dps they nerfed the class.

Necro is hitting GR110 in beta with decent gear easy so I'm pumped short of heavy nerfs of it not offering much.

Heh, I'm not that hardcore into the game. Just leveling the Crusader to 70 was a chore. It just doesn't suite my play style.

On one hand, there's no new story content or missions. On the other hand, Blizzard sells flying mount skins for WoW for something like $25 and purely visual Hearthstone hero skins for $10, so compared to those examples it's a good value. I guess it really just depends on how bad you want to be a Necro.

Free update with new areas but slightly overpriced new class?

That sounds reasonable to me.

But hell, I'd just like an excuse to jump back into that game. Already maxed out all the other classes and reached 300 paragon or so before putting it down.

That game gets it hooks in deep.

Prelude.

Can anyone go and ask on the forum if they plan to do a physical Battle Chest Volume 2 for PC equivalent to the Eternal Collection? I'd do it but you need to own the game to post and since I was waiting for some news on this edition before jumping in, I can't.

Top Bottom