• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
$15 for this or a massive expansion for PoE that's 100% free.......

Hmmm....

No thanks Blizz.

It also comes with a pet and 2 stash tabs, which going by PoE prices is like 30 bucks right there.

Different games monetize differently.

Tovarisc

It also comes with a pet and 2 stash tabs, which going by PoE prices is like 30 bucks right there.

If D3 meta is anything like it was... 2 seasons ago then stash is more or less worthless as you just keep rerolling into seasons => starting with 1 hero and blank slate.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If D3 meta is anything like it was... 2 seasons ago then stash is more or less worthless as you just keep rerolling into seasons => starting with 1 hero and blank slate.

I'm not arguing it's a particularly good value, I'm just saying it's more than a little disingenuous for people to act like Blizzard is crazy for charging $15 for this while at the same time heaping praise on a game that charges the same or more for individual cosmetic purchases. B2P and F2P games sell content in different ways.

Edit: see the post above mine.

You can get 6 premium stash tabs which go on sale quite often for $16.50.

Some pets can get expensive but i've gotten all my pets from mystery boxes. Not that I even really use them anyways as pets serve no purpose in these games.

Akhe

$15?

happy-sad-harrison-ford.jpg

I'm waiting for Diablo 4. Gave up on 3, the numbers become meaningless, same with 500+ paragon levels and grinding.
Eh, the numbers do become meaningless, but I find the gameplay still fun.

As a console owner, I hope Blizzard finds a solution to us not getting more stash. My stash is just about maxed out, so now what am I going to do with Necro's additional loot?

Z3M0G

The free features in the patch are much more substantial.

Don't get me wrong... this is an OK way for us to pay for the development of that content, and the continual support of the game... if anything, pay it for that reason alone.

Shit, when does the current season end? I just started my season character not long ago... does it end when this patch drops??

inky

A pet and 2 stash tabs is $7 on PoE. Half that if you get during a sale, which happen often.

Not too bad of a price, as I'll probably get it.

This would sell way more if they included some D3 Overwatch skin. Totally a missed opportunity for them!

Jacqli

Ugh, it is not in my impulsive purchase range, maybe if it was 10€ I would bite, but Steam's sales are also coming this thursday? I will wait and see how much I spend this summer.

This thread reminds me of the Xbox on x thread, and the switch thread, and the ps4 pro thread. Everyone has unrealistic prices in their mind then are stunned when they are wrong.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Maybe the pets. Two regular stash tabs on sale, which does happen frequently in a month is like 4 bucks. Only premium, quad, and special tabs run you up and they are vastly cheaper in sales.

Pathetic that the og dev of diablo can charge an arm and leg meanwhile someone at activision should for the decisions involved with making sure EU and USA D3 doesn't have microtransactions. Next to the screwup of auction house this is insane considering that the dev team has no money that would otherwise be there if they made skins or sold account features.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah, one game charges you full price up front.

Like, why compare this to a F2P game?

Cause the dev of one of is responsible for the two of them existing at all. They share very similar gameplay or qol mechanics.

Also that's debatable considering ROS is the very reason most people even touch D3 and that isn't full price up front it's a addon. Can you even use necromancer dlc without ROS?

Will get, loved the class during the beta. Felt like a smart update to the classic necro(my favorite d2 class)

Probably gonna grab it on both console and PC so I don't have to make any real decisions next season

Yeah, one game charges you full price up front.

Like, why compare this to a F2P game?

The path of exile weirdos started this comparison

This happens in every Blizzard thread. Everyone bashes them for the way they monetize their games. And then proceed to hand over their money and the games become a massive success.

Considering that I haven't even played through the game with the current classes, I think the fiscally responsible thing for me to do here is take a pass.

ZangBa

I was expecting 10 bucks but wouldn't pay more than 5, if even that. D3 is fun to play up until you hit max level and the end game starts, then it turns into an utter snoozefest beyond comparison.

Anoregon

. D3 is fun to play up until you hit max level and the end game starts, then it turns into an utter snoozefest beyond comparison.

This is the bizarro world version of the opinion the vast majority of people who play d3 have about the game

ZangBa

This is the bizarro world version of the opinion the vast majority of people who play d3 have about the game

People tend to enjoy/get addicted to monotonous grinding with little bits of momentary satisfaction. Destiny is popular and that game is complete trash.

Nokterian

Not knowing that with patch 2.6 they will add challenge rifts for example..so many things have changed since RoS came out and the patches was all QoL also added new stuff better variety. They also added Primal gear that goes beyond the legendary you have.

phant0m

You people upset at the price are insane.

This is an easy buy at $15. Christ, people spend that on OW loot boxes and the contents of those actually do nothing to change gameplay. Good grief.

People tend to enjoy/get addicted to monotonous grinding with little bits of momentary satisfaction. Destiny is popular and that game is complete trash.
Destiny is barely an rpg though, 3 classes and the only real differences are the super and kinda sorta grenades and to an even lesser extent melee.

There's like no variation in builds and the loot is much worse than diablo lmao

Destiny is the answer to the question "what if we took a loot rpg and removed the rpg and made the loot all similar and boring"

Pocketsfriend

Neo Member
It's cheaper than I thought it'd be, I was expecting it to be $25. If they really wanted to push this they'd have added a cardback for hearthstone and some spray or skin for overwatch. Guess they're saving all that stuff to push hots again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Less than I was expecting, but still not worth £12 IMO.

Haines

Banned
Ill buy it on sale as diablo is usually a winter coop game for me and the wife.

I am happy to see a new class and more content on the way.

MrBS

$15 is cheaper than I thought it would be but I quit D3 a year ago and I'd rather stay gone and with no new act I'm not seeing anything compelling to bring me back. Enjoy it current D3 players!

KarmaCow

Interesting that they added an in-game store for this. It would be weird if it was just for this Necromancer but it's also seems misguided to add a bunch of stuff to buy this far into Diablo 3's life. Even the idea of using D3 as a testbed for D4 probably wont engender any good will considering how even the Necromancer pack itself is just the remnants of full fledged expansion that was canned.

This is why the price is so stupid.

I, like many others, have already spent $60 for the base game, $40 on RoS, and now they want another $15 for a single class (when Diablo III is still behind Diablo II plus LoD by one class), and the content to provide for the new class is going to be nothing more than 30 min. of "these are some neat areas!" until you instantly hop back into rift farming.

When PoE has been 100% free this entire time, has done nothing but better itself, and has added many new "classes", skills, acts, maps, items, etc. It makes Diablo III look amateur hour while also charging a premium.

Right now its $115 for all Diablo III content if you've been playing since release, and $0 for all PoE content if you've been playing since release. As well as newcomers!

carlsojo

This is why the price is so stupid.

I, like many others, have already spent $60 for the base game, $40 on RoS, and now they want another $15 for a single class (when Diablo III is still behind Diablo II plus LoD by one class), and the content to provide for the new class is going to be nothing more than 30 min. of "these are some neat areas!" until you instantly hop back into rift farming.

When PoE has been 100% free this entire time, has done nothing but better itself, and has added many new "classes", skills, acts, maps, items, etc. It makes Diablo III look amateur hour while also charging a premium.

Right now its $115 for all Diablo III content if you've been playing since release, and $0 for all PoE content if you've been playing since release. As well as newcomers!

It's 40 dollars to buy the ultimate edition. Vanilla + Reaper + Necro. But I see yout point. That's how all games are though?

That content will still pop up in the rifts though too, won't they? Along with adventure mode and its bounties?

Top Bottom