• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Maintenance? Just for login server maybe? I'm currently watching day9 playing D3 right now, so apparently it's not down for everyone?

Someone enlighten me!

The servers that handle the game world are different from the log in ones. If you are lready logged in and playing you can continue to do so. If you logout even just to the character select screen you're SOL.

Chris R

I know as soon as I get home from work, the servers will crash. Even after the emergency maintenance.

Still trying to decide which class to play, since I have never played Diablo before. Usually play barbarian in every RPG, but from what I've read Monk sounds like fun.

I'm just going to play each class for at least the first two acts and see which I like most. I was thinking monk, but just didn't like the look of a Monk wielding swords so I switched my first character to be a Demon Hunter, but again, I'll wait and see before deciding outright.

IceMarker

The servers that handle the game world are different from the log in ones. If you are lready logged in and playing you can continue to do so. If you logout even just to the character select screen you're SOL.

Good choice on their part, otherwise we'd see a lot more rage coming from a lot more people.

Magnus

The inability to play a single-player mode of a game I just bought due to a server maintenance is absolutely the worst shit ever. I haven't felt this particular sting before, though I've seen people bitch about it all gen, on PC and on consoles.

It fucking sucks.

Mik2121

Just lost all my achievement data.

Acknowledged by Blizzard.

Careful, some people lost their characters too...

I won't worry if it only happens today. It's not like I spent too much time on it, and I also wanna check the other classes (I'm playing as a Monk).

Oh well, let's see what happened tomorrow when I get back to the game :D

Of course, Diablo 3 drops the same day I get 15 new assignments from my clients! :p

Anyone know if any retailer is offering bonuses, gift cards, etc for buying D3? I'm going to buy it for myself and my wife anyway... getting time to actually play it, that's going to be the tough part!

I got a free poster at Gamestop

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Should I have a follower with me to level them up? And do they retain their levels, or do they eventually die and reset?

Atrophis

I noticed something not quite satisfying about the game. Headed into options, turned on mob health bars and all damage numbers. SO MUCH BETTER.

KPunk

sweet, just got my amazon copy. install is taking forever, at least i get to decide what character i would like to play with. I played as Monk in the beta and was having a lot of fun with that. Was thinking about possibly Witch Doctor with full release, what do you guys think?

Zimbardo

so does anyone else notice little mini loading freezes that occur from time to time while playing?

i'm in that main dungeon on the way to skeleton king and have noticed little spikes like that from time to time ...kinda like the game is loading assets and it gives a 1/2 second pause in gameplay and then continues normally.

i noticed it happening all the way through the beta too ...but i was hoping that the final release would clear it up.

so again ...anyone else experience this? is there any way to clear it up, or is it something one just has to live with?

i have 8gig of ram btw, quad core i5 760 @ 3,8ghz, gtx 560 1gig in SLI, creative labs x-fi xtrememusic. so i have enough pc to play i would think @ max settings @ 1080p.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
<3

I really dont know you yoshi but your an awesome poster...
<3
Ah, so refreshing with positive comments :3 Thank you sir &#9829;

Gotchaye

Should I have a follower with me to level them up? And do they retain their levels, or do they eventually die and reset?

They all level up as you do even if you don't bring them along.

Is there an easy way to sell stuff or you have to walk back to town?

You really shouldn't be picking up white/gray items anyway. But it does get easier to go back to town and sell after the very first part of the game.

Aeana

I've played for a while and realized I've only gotten one achievement. Didn't get any of the really easy ones that I should have gotten by now. I don't really care about achievements, but it has me wondering what else I've missed that I should have.

nilbog21

Banned
Went to bed super late cuz I stayed up for a launch that didn't work last night, and now I wake up and it's still down

another smooth launch by blizzard

I found 'Wirt's Original Leg' from a dead Shaman in the Den of the Fallen. I wonder if it will be used for something special like his leg in D2.

I love this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom