• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

God damn. This is the best.
E91lt.jpg

That is seriously funny :lol

RDreamer

Wow, that was the most intense thing ever. My friend and I just through inferno through the skeleton king. We got on Skype in order to take down the elites. I recommend this to everyone. It's so much easier to coordinate. I really wish this game came with voice innately. Inferno was made for that.

Anyway, skeleton king was so intense. I had to revive him a few times, and barely got it off. it took us like 10 minutes, and we finished him just before the valor wore off. He died one last time when he had a sliver of health left, so I had to finish him. Thank god for Serenity. If Bliz nerfs that then I'm fucked, lol. Crazy fight... I'm a monk and he's a barbarian, btw.

Inferno as a whole is pretty cool when taken like that. The last part of hell and inferno, anyway. You really have to coordinate. Honestly, that kind of brought me back to my days with Diablo 1, when my cousin and I played on the playstation. We couldn't trade for things and had to rely on whatever the hell we found, and we had some shit luck, so it wasn't pretty.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, that was the most intense thing ever. My friend and I just through inferno through the skeleton king. We got on Skype in order to take down the elites. I recommend this to everyone. It's so much easier to coordinate. I really wish this game came with voice innately. Inferno was made for that.

Anyway, skeleton king was so intense. I had to revive him a few times, and barely got it off. it took us like 10 minutes, and we finished him just before the valor wore off. He died one last time when he had a sliver of health left, so I had to finish him. Thank god for Serenity. If Bliz nerfs that then I'm fucked, lol. Crazy fight... I'm a monk and he's a barbarian, btw.

Inferno as a whole is pretty cool when taken like that. The last part of hell and inferno, anyway. You really have to coordinate. Honestly, that kind of brought me back to my days with Diablo 1, when my cousin and I played on the playstation. We couldn't trade for things and had to rely on whatever the hell we found, and we had some shit luck, so it wasn't pretty.

Oh my.

Cipherr

esc doesn't skip speech bubbles though does it?

You are right, it doesnt, wow.

Yeah it's in the keybind options (not sure what exactly it's called off the top of my head though). I rebound space to do the same thing as shift does by default, and my dialogue skipping option is Q (which I may change, as it's kind of awkward there.)

Guys I dont think there is, Im looking, and I cannot find the keybind. It seems like spacebar will skip everything, but if you rebind it, you are screwed with no way to replace that keybind on another key.

Edit: Nevermind, its "close all open windows" apparently. Bad naming for that.

Neki

yeah I didn't know you could skip speech bubbles until a couple of days ago, now I spam space instead of esc all day.

BigDug13

So you can only sell 10 things on your account in the auction house, and you can't remove them?

Yes, this is part of what is driving down the prices. Would you rather get a guaranteed sale for $5000, or have your spot in the AH taken up with an item that won't sell for 2 days because you listed it for $20,000? Logic dictates that since you are getting yellow and decent blue drops at a rate that cannot possibly wait 2 days for an overinflated auction to end, you list it for the lower price so it sells FAST, then you can put your other junk on there as well. Since the in-game merchants give you chump change for all your gear, even getting 2k per drop nets you more money.

Supply and demand. There's a ton of demand but even more supply, but you have a tiny limited shelf to sell it and everyone has equal shelves selling similar gear. You have a warehouse full of junk and you can't afford for that stuff to sit on the shelf, preventing you from selling through the rest of your warehouse that is continuing to receive deliveries and is starting to get full. Selling for any price of $1000 or more will still net you a profit and will allow you to move product and clear that warehouse (vault), so what do you do? Really good gear you can afford to price higher, but by how much? You can still be undercut by competitors and with the 10 space shelf limit, you might be stuck.

They should allow you to cancel ALL auctions that have not had a bid at any time. That way if I want to let something sit for 4 hours at an inflated price to see if someone makes in an impulse buy, I could still have the option of pulling it if I want to lower my price to sell.

RDreamer

lol, yeah I know inferno's going to be nearly impossible for both of us to continue on together like this. But it's been interesting so far. We did the last part of hell together, too. Overall I survive way more than him, which I'm pretty happy about.

mileS

oh blizzard.. hotfix nerfs in but the Boneweave Hauberk.. nah thats cool isn't it. Doesn't matter because im sure plenty of people have already exploited the fuck out of it by now

Fordzilla

oh blizzard.. hotfix nerfs in but the Boneweave Hauberk.. nah thats cool isn't it. Doesn't matter because im sure plenty of people have already exploited the fuck out of it by now
How can that be exploited? What exactly is the bug? They all look like normals.

"Hey guys, if you don't like it so much, stop playing!"

We all just spent sixty dollars on a game that a lot of us waited for 10 years for, from a developer that we trusted implicitly; I think the folks who are disappointed are entitled to vent their opinions since we shelled out the cash. It wasn't my hope that bitching about the game would be more fun than playing it, but that's what my $60 bought.

Slamalama nerfhammer!

5/24/2012
Wizard​

Critical Mass (Passive)​

Fixed an issue with certain powers that had a higher than intended chance to trigger Critical Mass​

Not undeserved. Seems the cheese was a bug.

When on the ground they have collision with mobs. Hence the screens they're always penned/blocked by lines of Boneweave Hauberks.

Which is a hilarious bug. I have no idea how it could happen to that single item (which isn't anything special except for this), and not anything else.

Fordzilla

Why are white items even in this game? They are entirely pointless, even super early on.
If only magics, rares, sets and legendaries dropped, would you get as excited when they did? Items with a chance to be good in a sea of unusable items makes them seem more special.

Am I the only person having problems with the game saving shit today? I just backed out to try and find a party, and for the third time today I have been set back at least a dungeon.

I've opened the fucking water levers in Act 2 three fucking times today.

RDreamer

Hell yeah, just scored some random 540 dps rare claws for about 10,000 each. What's funny is one of them I accidentally got when I was searching for int and vit weapons. I bought it so quickly I didn't realize it was a claw. Then to my surprise it did have dex anyway! Then I went back to searching dex and vit and found another!

This is awesome, because I just paid an arm and a leg for my armor.

Am I the only person having problems with the game saving shit today? I just backed out to try and find a party, and for the third time today I have been set back at least a dungeon.

I've opened the fucking water levers in Act 2 three fucking times today.

are you hitting the check points? the only time i have been reset is when i get dc'd mid run

Fordzilla

Hell yeah, just scored some random 540 dps rare claws for about 10,000 each. What's funny is one of them I accidentally got when I was searching for int and vit weapons. I bought it so quickly I didn't realize it was a claw. Then to my surprise it did have dex anyway! Then I went back to searching dex and vit and found another!

This is awesome, because I just paid an arm and a leg for my armor.
I just bought several barb weapons super fast because they were stupid cheap. All had strength and vita and around 600 dps. I got them each for 4,000-40,000. Saw many others go up that cheaply and sell fast. Im glad I got them so cheap and will resell the ones I dont use for a profit, but I fear massive undercuts like this will wreck the economy.

are you hitting the check points? the only time i have been reset is when i get dc'd mid run

I had finished the entire water lever dungeon and collected one thing of blood, on the way to the second thing of blood, I decided to find a better party. Join, back to the water lever dungeon.

I don't see how it would not save after completing an entire multi part dungeon.

RDreamer

I had finished the entire water lever dungeon and collected one thing of blood, on the way to the second thing of blood, I decided to find a better party. Join, back to the water lever dungeon.

I don't see how it would not save after completing an entire multi part dungeon.

Yep, that happens there. You have to complete that whole set of quests for it to save. Once you rejoin a different game instead of resuming your own it erases any progress for that quest. That one is a bitch for me, because I always seem to want to leave or join a different party partway through.

mileS

I normally like Jennifer Hale but.... what happened. One of the worst performances I've ever heard (ok not really but she can do sooo much better) I mean its not like she had much to work with but lol.

Yep, that happens there. You have to complete that whole set of quests for it to save. Once you rejoin a different game instead of resuming your own it erases any progress for that quest. That one is a bitch for me, because I always seem to want to leave or join a different party partway through.

Well, I feel a little better knowing the last one was my fault at least. First two were on them, though.

Rufus

I normally like Jennifer Hale but.... what happened. One of the worst performances I've ever heard (ok not really but she can do sooo much better) I mean its not like she had much to work with but lol.
Not enough or the wrong directing. It happens. A lot.

Alex

Covetous Shen should be the only character.

While it's not something I really care about much, my main falling out with the narrative and plotting from the game was how serious and dry it tries to pass itself off as, when it's setting is fundamentally ridiculous, even as far as video games go.

Serious only really worked in the original Diablo, IMO, it had a good horror theme back in the day, although it wouldn't work too well anymore, not with this genre. Diablo II and III is mostly just a difference in art and people are free to disagree but the art in DIII blows the doors off of DII (and every other Blizzard product, honestly) to such a degree that it's not even funny.

Blizzard shines mostly with humor, nowadays, especially now that they aren't as centered on pop culture. Lots of genuinely funny stuff in Cataclysm, one of the highlights of an otherwise blargh expansion.

Somnid

Why are white items even in this game? They are entirely pointless, even super early on.

I think exceptional whites have higher base stats than magic items (overall modifiers will make magics better). They really should have made them more useful. In the beta they could be turned into scrap which was used to craft. Now they only have 2 types of scrap per difficulty instead of 4. You can use them to craft though.

What I don't like is socketed seems to be a magic prefix so you can't get just normal socketed items (or at least I've never seen one). Also you can't socket item (I had hoped this would be a jeweler feature). The socketing system was better in D2, D3's awesome crafting improvements aside. I hope they expand that more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom