• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

h3ro

Grimløck;177264860 said:
can i not cube swords on my demon hunter?

Nope, PC only. No Thunderfury cubing for us :/

Though, in an AMA on Reddit, D3 devs did mention a Melee-centric 2pc DH set for 2.4!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3j9p38/hey_rdiablo_were_here_for_a_quick_qa_about_patch/cunjpbg?context=3

Done! The Shadow's Mantle set is the redesign that I'm the most excited about for 2.4 so far. The idea of a melee-weapon oriented build that doesn't involve bows/xbows has always been in the back of my mind. Here's what it currently looks like:

2pc While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%. 4pc Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever. 6pc Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits.

The idea is that the set is extremely strong on single-target damage, but weak on AoE. To help with that, a new dagger will have the power "Every second, the damage of your next Fan of Knives is increased by 250-300%." To help with movement, a pair of bracers has the power "After using Impale, Vault costs no resource for 2 seconds." That item will allow you to Vault into position to Impale the high-value targets.

Additionally, we're also allowing Demon Hunters to use melee weapons with quivers because the fantasy of this quick-moving assassin build is about speed, not walking around with a shield ;)

30000% lol

HORRORSHØW

ah shit. i wanted to try some lightning builds with the demon hunter. oh well.

and yeah, i saw that earlier, too. no way that damage goes through live, but i welcome a melee-assassin demon hunter.

IbukiLordSA

This just dropped for me, no clue what to roll, thinking attack speed? I added the socket:

dMPEtmQ.jpg

Armaros

So is converting rares to legs a good strategy right now?

Probably the best way to get weapons since you can avoid how Kadala lumps all one/two handed weapons as their own categories. Upgrading a wand, only gives you wand legendaries and similarly for all other types.

I transitioned into a delrasha build from firebirds. Holy frijole it works good. I'm seeing 2-4 bil crits with pretty middling gear pieces.

I'm waiting for a Primus to drop so I can cube it. I actually had one and accidentally salvaged it like an idiot. Ah well.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Healer Monk is legit. It didn't take much effort for me to put one together that allowed me to be part of a 4-man group to clear a GR70 with more than one minute remaining. It takes minimal effort to play and, even in a GR70, you can just walk around and get hit by everything and pretty much never die.

So how are you all taking to the new patch? From what I can see of who is playing, it seems like it hasn't quite rejuvenated the game as much as I was expecting. It also seems that the act of bounty runs remains loathed by most people.

Tarazet

Took the same gear I was using before for Alkaizer's Rend build. I was doing pretty OK in T8 rifts but slow going after that.. Put on a crappy Gavel, rolled a socket and put together the FOTM build with 6p IK. T10 clears in 5-6 minutes no problem and critting for 2.5 billion all day.

After trying to clear some rifts solo with the 6p Wastes Whirlwind build, it felt so nice being able to actually target my damage.

HORRORSHØW

always a minute or two shy of solo clearing gr67 even in a godlike rift with crazy density using either uliana's or the generator build. they seem equal in terms of clear capability. will lean towards uliana's for group play b/c of the generator's need for unity.

arachyr build for speed farming.

edit: holy shit @ monkey hero's fist of azz. godlike

cormack12

Gold Member
Any advice on what to do to get up to Torment difficulty?

I'm playing on 'Hard' for the extra XP to boost paragon farming. I've tried Expert and the bounties are just too slow. I tried a greater rift on Hard the other day and got to level 2 and then got overwhelmed. I'm wondering why I'm finding it so difficult. Do I need to farm better drops, is it my build etc.

Build and Skills
Current equipped
Paragon allocation
Leg. gems

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Healer Monk shopping list for the weekend:

Blind Faith, Promise of Glory, Ess of Johan.

Ancient and defense affixes preferred, otherwise just need to ensure each item has a socket if it can have one and can have high life per second (or either one, as long as I can roll the other into it). Offensive affixes aren't required at all. If you get anything to fit the bill and are about to junk it, let me know please and thank you.

---
cormack, you're still in very early stages so you just need to keep plugging at Hard until you can get a few major pieces in place. Without sockets in your weapons, you're losing up to 260% Critical Hit Damage, for starters. You'll also need to make way for the more useful legendary gems than the ones which you have pictured. You'll eventually want to drop the Blackthorne pieces for an offensive set. In terms of overall power, Natalya's > Unhallowed Essence >>> Marauder's, but having any of them will be far better than not having any of them. Obtaining set bonuses and their functionality are the key to moving up in D3.

Oh, and don't use topaz in the helmet. Magic Find is basically useless. Amethyst or Diamond (depends on the build) are the only good choices there.

HORRORSHØW

Any advice on what to do to get up to Torment difficulty?

I'm playing on 'Hard' for the extra XP to boost paragon farming. I've tried Expert and the bounties are just too slow. I tried a greater rift on Hard the other day and got to level 2 and then got overwhelmed. I'm wondering why I'm finding it so difficult. Do I need to farm better drops, is it my build etc.

Build and Skills
Current equipped
Paragon allocation
Leg. gems
i think you'll see the biggest gains with set items, preferably using natalya's or unhallowed essence for their bonuses. of course finding all the pieces are easier said than done. best way for me is to gamble one armor piece at a time with kadala. even if you don't get it from her, you can use the cube to upgrade regulars into legendarys. be sure to pick up all the crafting materials because it can get steep. but since you're struggling with the lowest torment, all of this might not be applicable.

if you're farming XP, try using a red gem in your helm in lieu of the topaz. if you can find a legit group, try leveling up with them. be wary of joining public games and their hacked shenanigans, though. i'm sure there are gaffers who wouldn't mind legitimately power leveling you.

skills-wise, it's usually dependent on your items and set bonuses, and you'll probably conform to some standard build. but for you right now, i'm not sure why you have 3 spenders. stick with one or two, and try using the wolf companion as a meat shield+damage boost and another skill like preparation to keep your resources topped off.

as for legendary gems, you'll probably want to get zei's and bane of the trapped as a demon hunter and level those up exclusively. you can change the third around depending on your play style.

i have no idea how to play my monk. i just hit 70 (after realizing rifts had an XP boost because grinding bounties was not getting the job done) so the first order of business is to gather some mats for better gear, but i feel like overall i'm very squishy AND hitting like a kitten.

i'm on master difficulty and only just stopped having severe trouble with it once i hit 226k in DPS which was mostly due to crafting a legendary 70 daibo. i don't have a smooth attack rotation or philosophy (i just spam wave of light alot and basically stacked all spirit regen skills/abilities) and kind of can't figure the class out. the last passive skill (forget the name, the 40% boost to your next spirit spender) has really helped in general, but i just feel like i'm flailing a lot and basically succeeding only because i'm not getting ganged up on by too many elites and a named.

conversely, my 70 wizard is a death machine. i'm getting a little burnt on bounties mostly because i want more tal rashas set and can't craft any of it (if plans for it even drop). that said, apparently running rifts is a better way to gain paragon levels fast? i'm kind of hitting a stall in terms of getting new gear. i just can't seem to break that 1mil DPS barrier (without buffs). i'm able to comfortably play on torment V with him, although i'm VERY squishy so a decent crowd of elites with poison and/or high HP will kill me unless i have ample teleport room.

also, whats the etiquette for joining GAFers? i had someone on tonight who was running Torment X alone seemingly, so i figured i'd be more of a hinderance than a help, but playing solo is getting a little stale.

JonRabbit on PSN if anyone wants to add me.

cormack12

Gold Member
cormack, you're still in very early stages so you just need to keep plugging at Hard until you can get a few major pieces in place. Without sockets in your weapons, you're losing up to 260% Critical Hit Damage, for starters. You'll also need to make way for the more useful legendary gems than the ones which you have pictured. You'll eventually want to drop the Blackthorne pieces for an offensive set. In terms of overall power, Natalya's > Unhallowed Essence >>> Marauder's, but having any of them will be far better than not having any of them. Obtaining set bonuses and their functionality are the key to moving up in D3.

Grimløck;178513403 said:
i think you'll see the biggest gains with set items, preferably using natalya's or unhallowed essence for their bonuses. of course finding all the pieces are easier said than done. best way for me is to gamble one armor piece at a time with kadala.

skills-wise, it's usually dependent on your items and set bonuses, and you'll probably conform to some standard build. but for you right now, i'm not sure why you have 3 spenders. stick with one or two, and try using the wolf companion as a meat shield+damage boost and another skill like preparation to keep your resources topped off.

OK guys, thansk for the advice. Concentrated on just running rifts and bounties with DH this evening. Managed to upgrade a few things.

Firstly, I've changed the build to this:

My new build

I got a set crossbow now (Danetta's I think) and I got a new Blackthorne piece so am having the bonus from that. I also got the RoRG which was nice :)

I'm finding it much easier going now. In terms of drops, I have these in my inventory:

Natalya's pants
Unholy plates
Cains scriveners

My BS also has complete plans for:

Cains
Ashereas
Borns
Captain Crimson

Any advice on what to do here? If I equip Natalya will I lose the bonus of the Blackthorne set? Or does the RoRG keep those bonuses intact. Also, I've been reading Cain's is a good set to have? Also Natalya seems very heavily focused on Rain of vengeance which I've dropped from my skills now - still applicable?

HORRORSHØW

OK guys, thansk for the advice. Concentrated on just running rifts and bounties with DH this evening. Managed to upgrade a few things.
since you have the RoRG now, you can equip natalya's pants and get the 4-piece bonus from the blackthorne's set, assuming your equips are still the same from your previous post.

since you have one piece of natalya's, you can try gambling for another piece such as gloves, chest, or helm to get the 2-set bonus. once you do, you can swap out one of your spenders (preferably your turrets) for Rain of Vengeance. with 2 pieces of natalya's, you'll be able to spam RoV more frequently, which should help with your damage output. if you get 3 pieces of nat's, you will increase RoV's damage by 100%. so you can keep your blackthorne's 4-set bonus and get nat's 4-set bonus with the RoRG equipped.

but for now, there's no need to use RoV.

TheMan

has anything been done to fix rampant cheating/hacking in multiplayer mode? I'm interested in picking this up, but for me, playing with other people is a huge part of the diablo experience. Before you ask: I don't have a gaming pc and I don't have friends who'd be interested in local multiplayer.

HORRORSHØW

has anything been done to fix rampant cheating/hacking in multiplayer mode? I'm interested in picking this up, but for me, playing with other people is a huge part of the diablo experience. Before you ask: I don't have a gaming pc and I don't have friends who'd be interested in local multiplayer.
no. play with gaffers or play solo.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
So my Heal Monk idea was basically a bust.

I figured that Sweeping Wind would get enough hits on enemies to eventually have the Blind Faith proc the Promise of Glory ability. To test it out I went out on the field and got surrounded by an elite pack right away. I kept the SW stack up by punching away, and just for the sake of testing it I also cubed a Cord of Sherma to see how that would help. The Cord field shown up a few times, but through a few minutes of being surrounded and visibly blinding enemies very frequently, I never had a single Glory globe come up at all. Not once. Oh well.

also, whats the etiquette for joining GAFers?
Just hop in wherever. At worst, people will quit out and then close their games off from outsiders to join in. Otherwise, if people don't restrict their game to local only, it's fair game to join them.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;178793747 said:
bruh. how the fuck are these motherfuckers soloing 72?

Fishing and they don't have the NG handicap that console players do. Any time you don't have NG up the rift is basically 5-7 levels higher in difficulty. One of the reasons Dog$ is trying to fit the promise of glory in to his healing monk. I wish they would scrap the globes for greater rifts and adjust monster HP to the same as PC. As a console player you need to double fish. Not only a perfect rift but one with a favorable monster type to start the grift to get a NG globe to spawn soon as possible. I would say because of the NG handicap console players really only have around 12 minutes to finish a really high level grift. You are wasting 3 minutes of time on average trying to either spawn that first globe or having them wear off during the guardian fight. Since they can only stack to 60 seconds any guardian fight past that you are facing a RG with double the HP of the PC counter part.

ZenaxPure

One of the reasons Dog$ is trying to fit the promise of glory in to his healing monk.

Yeah, worth pointing out for the sake of sanity those things have been reported as not working the moment 2.0 came out on PC (so Feb of last year). Doesn't surprise me blizz never got around to fixing them.

Went by Gamestop yesterday morning, and they have D3 for 24.99 brand new. I had a bunch of stuff to do so I went and got it done and went and grabbed my copy of GTA5 to trade straight up for D3. When I got back they had increased the price of D3 to 49.99.... Fucking Gamestop.

h3ro

Grimløck;179184886 said:
holy shit. finally cracked gr70. based snapshotting.
CPI97GvUkAA8ykF.jpg:large

Switched to SSS build or still with Generator build? Either way, congrats man, that's fantastic.

Also, don't scrap those extra ancient Uliana's lol

HORRORSHØW

Switched to SSS build or still with Generator build? Either way, congrats man, that's fantastic.

Also, don't scrap those extra ancient Uliana's lol
uliana's. read up on snapshotting mythic rhythm and it's definitely made an impact.

and yeah, i'll save extra ancients. i still need a better fist. i've gotten 3 100% EP damage but all non-ancients.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Shocked they included the area damage fix in the update. It introduced a lot of lag on the PC side. But it does really open up at least 1 build I wanted to try the seismic slam barb. Will give me something to try out one of the top barbs swears by it for speed grifting mid 60s for exp.

cormack12

Gold Member
Thanks to you guys above for the advice. I've been running online rifts and bounties and have got some new set items now. My dps has improved from previous to 500k now. I've also got improved weapons (Natalya's slayer - woop). I'm doing Torment II and while it's generally ok, sometimes the elites do overpower me. So a few follow up questions:

1. Enchanting. I tried to reroll Natalya's slayer for a socket but didn't get it after spending like 3 mill :/ However, when I replaced an enchant on attacked speed, the base dmg dropped from 2635 to 774. I shit myself, thinking I'd destroyed my drop. But after a few re-enchants and some mill more, I got rid of +attack speed and the base damage returned. What happened there - more importantly is there a reset button in case some shit like that happens again? I'm terrified of fucking something up next time for good now.

2. Right now I'm rocking Natalya's slayer and Danetta's revenge @ 2635 and 2367 base damage. I've got some base kanai powers and am rocking the RoRG with 4 set bonuses from Marauder, Natalya and Blackthorne. Everything with a socket has an emerald in except the helm which has a diamond. How do I improve my dps from here? Is it better to have a 6 set marauder than 4 piece bonus from three different sets?

3. Any thoughts on 2 x 1h crossbow versus 1h crossbow + quiver versus 2h crossbow? Seems to be trade off on dmg versus speed?

4. Are we meant to be able to solo torment IV and above or are they like WoW instances where you do need a party. I know some people can solo T6, or rather I read people can but are these the exception?

Cracklox

Hi all, anyone still playing? More specifically hardcore mode?

Just picked it up on PS4, after stopping on the PS3 edition a month or 2 after it came out due to it not being updated.

Anyhoo, dragged right back in. My Trap Hunter still works even with the changes. I'm only doing T3 at the moment though so if I can make it to the higher torments I might need to change that up and start referring to guides or some shit. Apparently marauder set ain't what is used to be

Need to check out how viable my WD is now too. Was running pets, with lots of haunts and locusts thrown in. Only have 2 harvester pieces and desperately wanted the dot pop (I think that bonus was on harvester...). Doing T2 easily. Could handle T3 but wasn't killing stuff quick enough. I really only play HC mode and I've learnt you should only go as high in difficulty as you can, so things melt quickly. Epic fights around the map can be fun, but obviously get you killed pretty quick too.

So yeah add me if you up for some HC. Same PSN as Gaf name. I'm sorry to hear that cheating is still prevalent on PS4 too. I don't fucks with that shit at all, so be good to have some people to play with I can rely on. Oh and can't really do normal mode runs either. I think I got a reg character to level 10 to unlock HC and haven't touched it since. Half the appeal of this game to me is that mode :)

Oh, and I'm likely on the other side of the world to most of you, so hours would be all over the place. I find weekends work well though

* edit * Hazzah!!! 1st post in here and de-juniored. What happens now.........

HORRORSHØW

Shocked they included the area damage fix in the update. It introduced a lot of lag on the PC side. But it does really open up at least 1 build I wanted to try the seismic slam barb. Will give me something to try out one of the top barbs swears by it for speed grifting mid 60s for exp.
what was fixed, exactly? everything i read on it was conflicting. it works, but it doesn't. only with some builds, using certain skills and items when the wind is blowing 5 knots perpendicular to the square.

Thanks to you guys above for the advice. I've been running online rifts and bounties and have got some new set items now. My dps has improved from previous to 500k now. I've also got improved weapons (Natalya's slayer - woop). I'm doing Torment II and while it's generally ok, sometimes the elites do overpower me. So a few follow up questions:

1. Enchanting. I tried to reroll Natalya's slayer for a socket but didn't get it after spending like 3 mill :/ However, when I replaced an enchant on attacked speed, the base dmg dropped from 2635 to 774. I shit myself, thinking I'd destroyed my drop. But after a few re-enchants and some mill more, I got rid of +attack speed and the base damage returned. What happened there - more importantly is there a reset button in case some shit like that happens again? I'm terrified of fucking something up next time for good now.

2. Right now I'm rocking Natalya's slayer and Danetta's revenge @ 2635 and 2367 base damage. I've got some base kanai powers and am rocking the RoRG with 4 set bonuses from Marauder, Natalya and Blackthorne. Everything with a socket has an emerald in except the helm which has a diamond. How do I improve my dps from here? Is it better to have a 6 set marauder than 4 piece bonus from three different sets?

3. Any thoughts on 2 x 1h crossbow versus 1h crossbow + quiver versus 2h crossbow? Seems to be trade off on dmg versus speed?

4. Are we meant to be able to solo torment IV and above or are they like WoW instances where you do need a party. I know some people can solo T6, or rather I read people can but are these the exception?

re: enchanting. do be careful. it seems you tried to roll away the damage range, which is the first choice. you'll never want to do that. only on rare occasions for zdps builds maybe, but that's neither here nor there. when you enchant, you can select which of the stats you can reroll. these are further divided into primary stats (damage range, dex, vit, attack speed, socket, etc.) and secondary stats (gold/exp from monsters, secondary resits, etc). most of the time you're going to want to reroll the primary stat, so don't expect "exp from monsters" to reroll into a socket or something. you can't mulligan an enchant unless you turn off your game via holding down the PS button before the game auto saves.

are your green gems the highest level? putting in the highest level gems will help your damage. i would try to take advantage of either 6-piece bonus, depending on which skills you're currently using. maybe lose a blackthorne piece for another nats or marauder piece.

yeah, it's generally damage vs. speed when comparing the various bows.

you can go pretty far solo. it's my preferred way to play, exempt from online shenanigans. of course in a group setting you can push higher, consequently getting more exp and higher-level gems. i think that's the strategy for PC players who are battling for leaderboards. their paragon levels are 1300+ in about 3 weeks, which is insane. i'm about 900+ in over a year of playing. their gems are level 80+. again, insane. apologies for the tangent.
---
i was hoping the latest patch would address the demon hunter's inability to cube certain weapons on consoles. alas, it seems they will be forever gimped with the inclusion of the cube.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;179835694 said:
you can go pretty far solo. it's my preferred way to play, exempt from online shenanigans. of course in a group setting you can push higher, consequently getting more exp and higher-level gems. i think that's the strategy for PC players who are battling for leaderboards. their paragon levels are 1300+ in about 3 weeks, which is insane. i'm about 900+ in over a year of playing. their gems are level 80+. again, insane. apologies for the tangent.

2.3 made it so bonus xp from gear is group wide so it's way faster to level up now, not to mention the obvious that 4 man groups are pushing GR80 now so the xp they can get from just farming the high 60s or low 70s is even crazier than before.

Obviously this puts anyone who plays alone at a huge disadvantage even if you just want to compete on solo leaderboards. Plenty of people are (rightfully) bitching about it so hopefully there will be changes in 2.4.

HORRORSHØW

2.3 made it so bonus xp from gear is group wide so it's way faster to level up now, not to mention the obvious that 4 man groups are pushing GR80 now so the xp they can get from just farming the high 60s or low 70s is even crazier than before.
wow. didn't know exp gear was group-wide. i'm guessing they stack, too. so in an ideal set up you'll have a healer monk with exp gear, a zdps barb with exp gear, a swk monk, and a hota barb or something. and here i am running around with a ruby in my helm.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;179866720 said:
so in an ideal set up you'll have a healer monk with exp gear, a zdps barb with exp gear, a swk monk, and a hota barb or something.

Yepppp exactly that setup, you can gain XP stupidly fast that way. It's honestly out of hand imo. We're not even 1 month into the current season yet (still like 4 days away) on PC and legit players are already level 1300+. I mean yes they are playing a lot but a few months from now they'll be what, level 2000 or 3000? So ridiculous.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Grimløck;179835694 said:
what was fixed, exactly? everything i read on it was conflicting. it works, but it doesn't. only with some builds, using certain skills and items when the wind is blowing 5 knots perpendicular to the square.
cube.

Like you said it depends on the class and skill. Barbs collected a great list of what is working and what does not. I am not sure if any other classes collected this information. I do know that it does not work with the seeker of light set.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17085919721

Most Barbarian-related bonuses have been hotfixed on August 27th, 2015 and work with Area Damage. The list of bonuses that now work with Area Damage includes:
> Insanity
> Ruthless <- bonus applied to enemy hit by AD instead AD-triggering target***
> No Escape
> Bane of the Trapped
> Zei´s Stone of Vengeance <- distance from enemy hit by AD instead of main target***
> Immortal King´s (6) set bonus
> Wrath of the Wastes (2) set bonus
> Convention of Elements
> Raekor´s (2) set bonus
> Vile Ward
> elemental skill bonus
> elite skill bonus
> Bane of the Stricken <- applied if enemy hit by AD is stricken debuffed
> Restraint (spender portion of the ring set)
> Bracers of Destruction

Here is a list of Barbarian-related bonuses that don´t work:
> Focus (generator portion of the ring set)
> Bracers of the First Men

Explanation: If you have 50% Area Damage equipped and your Hammer of the Ancients deals 1.5 billion damage and Area Damage is triggered, you should deal 750 million splash damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target. But AD currently doesn´t take Bracers of the First Men into account (triple hammer damage), so you´d only deal 250 million splash damage (500m less).

In the same example if Focus was also in effect, your Hammer would have hit for 2.25 billion damage but your AD would still only deal 250 million damage.

HORRORSHØW

Like you said it depends on the class and skill. Barbs collected a great list of what is working and what does not. I am not sure if any other classes collected this information. I do know that it does not work with the seeker of light set.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17085919721
interesting. so everything but hota, basically. currently using a ww/rend build. wondering if it's worth it to replace 15% rend damage on shoulders for 20% area damage.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, a Ring of Royal Grandour dropped for me. It's not better than my current rings besides the set bonus. Is the set bonus effect worth throwing into the cube and using or should I save and reforge for a better version?

So, a Ring of Royal Grandour dropped for me. It's not better than my current rings besides the set bonus. Is the set bonus effect worth throwing into the cube and using or should I save and reforge for a better version?

I cubed mine. There are much better ring options for every class that RoRG takes up.

As an aside, I have been getting some good drops that I have never seen before. Dropped a tasker, 2 thunderfurys, a furnace, a good witching hour. I'll be damned if I can drop my last IK pieces and BK sword though.

I'm hoping someone can explain the Infernal Machine and keymaster baddies.

My wife and I play D3 casually and we ended up killing some key dude, getting an infernal machine and having to fight these uber bosses and we both looted a Heart of Evil or something.

I've looked on the Diable wiki but I'm not quite understanding it.

Can anyone explain, simply, what I need to do get the other pieces. So far we've beat the key dude in act 1 twice, but nothing is dropping to allow us to do the infernal machine/uber boss thing again.

Thanks in advance.

Torment level influences the chance that a keywarden drops his machine. So if you're playing on T1, for instance, the drop rate is only 25%.

The Heart of Evil is one reagent of three needed to create the Hellfire Amulet. Hellfire Amulet recipe is sold by Squirt, the child-peddler in the Hidden Camp (Act 2).

The HoE was acquired by using the Infernal Machine of Evil, which is dropped by the keywarden in Act 4.

You'll also need the Infernal Machines of Gluttony (Act 2) and War (Act 3) in order to get the Vial of Putridness and Idol of Terror, respectively.

Once you have at least one of each reagent, you can make the amulet at the blacksmith.

Torment level influences the chance that a keywarden drops his machine. So if you're playing on T1, for instance, the drop rate is only 25%.

The Heart of Evil is one reagent of three needed to create the Hellfire Amulet. Hellfire Amulet recipe is sold by Squirt, the child-peddler in the Hidden Camp (Act 2).

The HoE was acquired by using the Infernal Machine of Evil, which is dropped by the keywarden in Act 4.

You'll also need the Infernal Machines of Gluttony (Act 2) and War (Act 3) in order to get the Vial of Putridness and Idol of Terror, respectively.

Once you have at least one of each reagent, you can make the amulet at the blacksmith.
Thanks man.

So all we need to do is keep beating the key warden in Act 1 till he drops his Infernal Machine? Then rinse and repeat for Act 2 and 3?

So all we need to do is keep beating the key warden in Act 1 till he drops his Infernal Machine? Then rinse and repeat for Act 2 and 3?

Yeah. We'll usually hit all three acts. Restart the game. Do it again.

It definitely helps having a partner or three. Turn up difficulty as high as you can for the keywardens and for the Uber bosses.

T10 is a 90% drop rate btw.

cormack12

Gold Member
Got rid of Natalya's and Danetta's crossbow to stash, and enchanted a legendary bow until I rolled a socket. Stuck an emerald in there and got a quiver with a socket too. DPS jumped from 633k to 800k

giphy.gif

Top Bottom