• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

It certainly has the best visuals. The use of the color in the movie is absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, Movie 3 is downright gorgeous. I think it's a damn shame that Yamauchi never directed anything else for Digimon aside from that movie. He has such a distinct style.

Visuals, battles, music, and characters are done really well in Hurricane Touchdown. It's too bad the nonsensical plot drags it down.

I'm guessing scans are okay to post if the publisher is the one posting it. Teaser images from the October issue of Otomedia which will release on Thursday.

COXrwrpUkAASe_3.jpg
COXrwoYVAAAcDZ0.jpg

From their Twitter account

(Sorry for the double post)

Ty for posting :)

Maybe another PV? With 02 characters? :p

(it's probably 02 because they milked adventure enough with the previous adventure marathon)

Not long to go so we'll see what they have for us.

Gah, I want as little of 02 in this as possible. I have no problems with it being included in some form, but I'd rather the original cast get screen time without Daisuke sucking it away with Gary Stu-ness.

Save that for Digimon Adventure 0100.

Stuart444

Gah, I want as little of 02 in this as possible. I have no problems with it being included in some form, but I'd rather the original cast get screen time without Daisuke sucking it away with Gary Stu-ness.

Save that for Digimon Adventure 0100.

Well tough, 02 is a part of the series :p. And it's highly unlikely anyone will be sucking up the screen time apart from Taichi/Yamato (let's face it, those two will have the majority screen time with Omegamon and stuff lol)

Like I said, no problem with 02 characters being included in some form, but as you pointed out, Taichi and Yamato will most likely be taking up the majority of the screen time. Characters like Joe and Mimi will be suffering enough among the original eight. Adding four more main characters is too much, imo.

Stuart444

Like I said, no problem with 02 characters being included in some form, but as you pointed out, Taichi and Yamato will most likely be taking up the majority of the screen time. Characters like Joe and Mimi will be suffering enough among the original eight. Adding four more main characters is too much, imo.

Depends on what the plot is about. They could be in it without them getting much screen time. Of course we know shit all about the plot even now haha. All we know is, Omegamon vs Alphamon, yay. :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm worried about Bluefin when it comes to SH Figuarts pre-orders from Tamashii Nations. Had a Saior Pluto and a Godzilla in my Amazon watch list and before coming out they are unavailable.... Same thing happened with Metalgarurumon didn't it?

I fear they are really limiting the numbers now :( Didn't want to pre-order everything but if this is the case...

Depends on what the plot is about. They could be in it without them getting much screen time. Of course we know shit all about the plot even now haha. All we know is, Omegamon vs Alphamon, yay. :p

Yeah, I suppose... if it's a Hurricane Touchdown type of thing where they are missing or it's 02 in reverse and jogressing doesn't work, and they can be pushed aside while still visible that'd be okay.

I do want to see Ken at some point. (With Miyako romance, ohohoho~)

I'm worried about Bluefin when it comes to SH Figuarts pre-orders from Tamashii Nations. Had a Saior Pluto and a Godzilla in my Amazon watch list and before coming out they are unavailable.... Same thing happened with Metalgarurumon didn't it?

I fear they are really limiting the numbers now :( Didn't want to pre-order everything but if this is the case...

Yeah, Bluefin and Amazon seem to be having issues at the moment. I hope it doesn't affect Omegamon. :/ Do you know any other good Bluefin distributors that allow pre-orders? BigBadToyStore seems legit, but their shipping's a bit much.

Stuart444

Yeah, I suppose... if it's a Hurricane Touchdown type of thing where they are missing or it's 02 in reverse and jogressing doesn't work, and they can be pushed aside while still visible that'd be okay.

I do want to see Ken at some point. (With Miyako romance, ohohoho~)

I personally think (unless a PV shows otherwise) that if they are in OVA1, it will be very minimal and more of a thing to show people that 02 still happened (considering how people are still wondering about that).

After all, everything about OVA1 so far has been focusing on the original eight so makes sense imo.

But like I said we know nothing about the plot so we'll see.

Just a few more months til it's in Theaters (and since they are selling BDs there, hopefully we get some fansubs soon as well :p )

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Bluefin and Amazon seem to be having issues at the moment. I hope it doesn't affect Omegamon. :/ Do you know any other good Bluefin distributors that allow pre-orders? BigBadToyStore seems legit, but their shipping's a bit much.

Is it an Amazon issue? Hmm... I've been looking for ChaosDukemon too, but yeah :/ Just the fact that it's been happening with the other lines has me worried. I mean, there are still some Tamashii exclusives that are still for sale, so this must be just for newer stuff then I guess. BBTS is totally legit, but I haven't ordered from them before, so I was unaware of their higher shipping too :/

I wish Bluefin had more of a presence and available in more places (Rightstuf plzzzz!), although I was really happy to see their awesome booth at Fanime, with a great selection! They still had Beelzebumon so I got him, but had to wait on Omegamon and Imperialdramon, since I knew they were still on Amazon.

Is it an Amazon issue? Hmm... I've been looking for ChaosDukemon too, but yeah :/ Just the fact that it's been happening with the other lines has me worried. I mean, there are still some Tamashii exclusives that are still for sale, so this must be just for newer stuff then I guess. BBTS is totally legit, but I haven't ordered from them before, so I was unaware of their higher shipping too :/

I wish Bluefin had more of a presence and available in more places (Rightstuf plzzzz!), although I was really happy to see their awesome booth at Fanime, with a great selection! They still had Beelzebumon so I got him, but had to wait on Omegamon and Imperialdramon, since I knew they were still on Amazon.

I emailed Amazon about Metalgarurumon when it ran out (I wanted to know if it would be hard to get) and they responded saying that Bluefin didn't communicate to them about their stock and that they didn't have enough to fulfill the large amount of pre-orders at the moment.

I checked Bluefin to see if they were having trouble with the demand for Metalgarurumon and it looked like they were getting a bunch of recent complaints about Amazon canceling orders for other new figures too. I haven't checked to see if those figures are still available elsewhere.

It would be disappointing if Amazon doesn't continue selling for them. They are by far the most cheap and convenient.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Tamers was so fucking good... actually stood up shockingly well to a rewatch a couple years ago, save for a handful of moments. But the first couple seasons, like... ehhhhhhhh. EHHHHHHHH. After Tamers, my girlfriend suggested we see season 4, but man, the immediate drop-off thematically, stylistically, it was too much.

Really want Tamers as a blu-ray for my shelf. Is one available?

Tamers was so fucking good... actually stood up shockingly well to a rewatch a couple years ago, save for a handful of moments. But the first couple seasons, like... ehhhhhhhh. EHHHHHHHH. After Tamers, my girlfriend suggested we see season 4, but man, the immediate drop-off thematically, stylistically, it was too much.

Really want Tamers as a blu-ray for my shelf. Is one available?

1. Did you watch the sub or dub of the first two seasons? The dub ages a lot worse, imo. Tamers is probably the best and most faithful of the dubs.

2. There is no Tamers blu-ray at the moment but the first season has been released on blu-ray in Japan and 02 is releasing next year. Afaik, there is no blu-ray release for any of the dubs so far.

3. Tamers is amazing. You have good taste.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I emailed Amazon about Metalgarurumon when it ran out (I wanted to know if it would be hard to get) and they responded saying that Bluefin didn't communicate to them about their stock and that they didn't have enough to fulfill the large amount of pre-orders at the moment.

I checked Bluefin to see if they were having trouble with the demand for Metalgarurumon and it looked like they were getting a bunch of recent complaints about Amazon canceling orders for other new figures too. I haven't checked to see if those figures are still available elsewhere.

It would be disappointing if Amazon doesn't continue selling for them. They are by far the most cheap and convenient.

Interesting... you would think it would be a lack of Bluefin stock to Amazon, but if they sound confused... weird! Also yeah makes sense with the complaints since like I mentioned, already 2 pre-orders were taken down and aren't even out yet for a while. Really weird stuff! Hope it clears up though. Rightstuf would be the ideal choice for me since I wouldn't need to pay taxes there either (and I always find stuff to make it free shipping...) I'm still honestly surprised that they added the Ken and Ange(wo)mon GEM figures out of nowhere, though. They have been picking up a lot more figures lately, too.

Shaanyboi

Banned
1. Did you watch the sub or dub of the first two seasons? The dub ages a lot worse, imo. Tamers is probably the best and most faithful of the dubs.

2. There is no Tamers blu-ray at the moment but the first season has been released on blu-ray in Japan and 02 is releasing next year. Afaik, there is no blu-ray release for any of the dubs so far.

3. Tamers is amazing. You have good taste.

Hmmm thank you.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome fanarts... I noticed they uhhh omitted the middle school versions of them. Not that I mind...

I am again reminded how odd Gabumon's deviation from the Bishonen Line is.

Metalgarurumon will always be one of my faves because of that. Just a straight-up android wolf, not another humanoid Ultimate/Mega.

Awesome fanarts... I noticed they uhhh omitted the middle school versions of them. Not that I mind...

Maybe they really hated Jou's middle school haircut and decided to just avoid drawing all of them.

Edit: More Digimon World Next Order screenshots put up on the website:

U1Ykgay.jpg

kWBrvzE.jpg

o1sUhA2.jpg

Source: Gematsu

Agumon and Gabumon have the exact same models as Cyber Sleuth but there is a different style going on.

Stuart444

Nice screenshots.

Also awesome fan art. My favourite:

(Future Hikari has more personality here than in the PV >_> )

Ophanimon = best final evo for Hikari. Thank you fan artist for not using Magnadramon.

followed by

Just because of Younger Joe's expression. Plus Vikemon looks badass (as does Zudomon)

Nice screenshots.

Also awesome fan art. My favourite:

(Future Hikari has more personality here than in the PV >_> )

Ophanimon = best final evo for Hikari. Thank you fan artist for not using Magnadramon.

followed by

Just because of Younger Joe's expression. Plus Vikemon looks badass (as does Zudomon)

You'll need to rehost these for them to show up.

My favorite is probably Jou's for all the reasons you said, plus he's about to get hit in the head with a spike ball, lol.

And I wonder what Tailmon's Ultimate will end up being (if it even shows up at all in Tri). Vikemon seems pretty much canon at this point. Plesiomon's not even an evolution option for Zudomon in Cyber Sleuth.

Hey, their faces look more like the original series here. I like it.

It helps when they have expressions on their faces. I have a feeling this style will benefit from being animated, humans look a bit too plain when they are static.

B7XFyuA.gif

Paper Sparrow here with your somewhat-daily thread bump of some sort of random Digimon news:

Pictures from the Otomedia issue are starting to pop-up. Looks like Koushiro still likes Oolong Tea and Mimi is still expressive. The only things I can make out in the text above her is "America" and "footwork(?)". The person who uploaded the pictures said they would scan the rest of the line art.

Not much to see yet, unless you love hamburgers.

Edit: Pictures of text are showing up now. I don't trust my Japanese skill enough to translate it properly, but it seems there is a tidbit about Koushiro's American friend, possibly the one from Our War Game.

Take with a grain of salt translation: He helps his American friend with his company through the Internet.

Edit 2: Oh noes, one of the pictures has talk about the coexistence of Digimon and humans at the end of 02, I can't tell exactly what it says. It also says something about how the kids growing up has changed their relationships with their Digimon (or something like that).

Stuart444

Edit 2: Oh noes, one of the pictures has talk about the coexistence of Digimon and humans at the end of 02, I can't tell exactly what it says. It also says something about how the kids growing up has changed their relationships with their Digimon (or something like that).

No need for oh noes. it just confirms that they aren't doing away with that :p.

Like I said, it may include stuff about humans vs Digimon/the chosen in one of the OVAs. After all, it's be hard to just coexist without something going wrong.

There would at least be someone like Kurata I'm sure (from Savers :p) aka scared humans who don't want change and think Digimon should die or be controlled.

But that's just speculation for now.

I've not looked at the scans yet, will do so later on.

No need for oh noes. it just confirms that they aren't doing away with that :p.

Like I said, it may include stuff about humans vs Digimon/the chosen in one of the OVAs. After all, it's be hard to just coexist without something going wrong.

There would at least be someone like Kurata I'm sure (from Savers :p) aka scared humans who don't want change and think Digimon should die or be controlled.

But that's just speculation for now.

I've not looked at the scans yet, will do so later on.

I'm not sure if the text is saying they are keeping that part of the ending or not, I just see it's mentioned. I hope someone better translates it soon.

I wonder why we haven't seen more Digimon in the PVs, if they are keeping that aspect.

Whaaaaaa

When did this happen? New teaser trailer?

Yep. :3

It was released on August 1st.

FMzPFID.gif

Edit: The rest of the character line art is showing up.

Stuart444

I wonder why we haven't seen more Digimon in the PVs

Simple. the PVs so far have been purely trying to rope old adventure fans into it and they do it by using old characters

The focus on the humans is pretty much to get people hyped about seeing old characters while trying not to show too much of the relationship between Human/Digimon (probably keeping that bit a surprise since the characters are older now so relationships with their Digimon may be different now)

The small action snippets (Omegamon vs Alphamon and Greymon vs Kuwagamon) are both to give hints as to what the conflict will be about in OVA1 and to get people excited about the action that will be in the first OVA.

Besides that, the mysterious characters we have seen briefly is to get us speculating and interested in seeing the OVA ASAP to find out who they are.

Pretty smart way to get people into it and also makes me wonder what else will they let slip in the next PV. (I wouldn't be surprised if we only get one more PV and maybe a TVCM before the OVA is out in November)

Well, I understand keeping it under wraps to surprise people later, but the end of 02 was everyone in the world getting a Digimon partner right? (I can't remember the specifics, it's been awhile). It just seems weird to get shots of crowds of people without seeing Digimon with them. Maybe not everyone got their partner right away? Or they were all forced into a Digimon prison or something, lol.

I also wonder if one of the mysterious characters is Koushiro's American friend. They both look like women though, was the friend ever specified as a he or she in Japanese?

Stuart444

Well, I understand keeping it under wraps to surprise people later, but the end of 02 was everyone in the world getting a Digimon partner right? (I can't remember the specifics, it's been awhile). It just seems weird to get shots of crowds of people without seeing Digimon with them. Maybe not everyone got their partner right away? Or they were all forced into a Digimon prison or something, lol.

These things take time lol. I'd imagine that most Digimon stayed in the Digital World (even the chosen childrens Digimon which is why we see none of them with their partners) to fix up things after the Digital World was almost completely done in from the events of 02.

There is a lot we don't know about the plot. All we know is Omegamon vs Alphamon lol.

Translations of the line art text. Credit to onkeikun from WtW.

Takenouchi Sora- I think she's enjoying her teenage years the most normal of them all, among the gang. You'll see how the energetic girl who loved sports changes her interests little by little to those that are more suitable for a woman.

(I was never really a fan of girlyfying Sora, especially since Mimi fits that role fine, but I honestly didn't think they'd change this. I hope they do it justice, though "more suitable for a woman" doesn't fill me with much hope.)

Tachikawa Mimi- Her free-spirited ways and innocence haven't changed. In fact, they may have gotten even moreso since her life in America. Please watch how her active, light footwork will get involved in the plot.

(Glad to see I didn't misread "footwork", lol. What's that even supposed to mean?)

Ishida Yamato- His love for his friends and his little brother hasn't changed. He still loves music, and he's still earnest about the things that he likes. The proactiveness and matured sides of him that you will chance to see from time to time will have an affect on the story, so please look forward to it.

(Sounds like Yamato.)

Yagami Taichi- His earnest, straightforward side basically hasn't changed. However, that side is naturally not the same as it was when he was in elementary school. Right now, he's able to see all sorts of situations from an objective point of view... that's why he's growing up worried and troubled a lot.

(Sounds like a natural progression of his character.)

Izumi Koushiro- His zealousness at pursuing something that has his interest has not changed. In this story, you'll get to see the boy he was as 10-years-old now grown up as a high schooler, plainly seeing parts about him that are part of the maturing of a "typical boy" in his teens.

(Same as Yamato and Taichi.)

Kido Jou- He is a serious-minded guy, so naturally his personality doesn't have any big changes. However, for this series, his ability to remain sincere/faithful may cause him to feel pressure about himself. Of course, he continues to work hard at studying as he has ever series in his school studies!

(Is this setting up him failing to become a doctor and instead pursuing being a Digimon doctor?)

Yagami Hikari- She is as usual a "big brother" child who always has Taichi on her mind. Her strong sensitivity towards Digimon is still the same, so it may be hard to discern large changes for her at first. She continues with photography.

(FUCK YEAH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!)

Takaishi Takeru- He receives plenty of love from his big brother, while he is quite the popular guy among girls at school. I believe that he's gained good people skills and is adept at handling friendly relationships. He has a blog, and you can see hints of his future where he becomes a writer.

(I wonder what he blogs about. Digimon?)

I think Sora is more of becoming a mature woman (kinda like her mother) than becoming more of a girly girl.

Maybe she becomes an ojou-sama type lol

I think Sora is more of becoming a mature woman (kinda like her mother) than becoming more of a girly girl.

Maybe she becomes an ojou-sama type lol

You're right, I'm labeling it a bit harsh, but her and Miyako's epilogues always stung me the most, as I'm a tomboy nerd.

Seeing them both end up where they do just disappointed me. Not to say fashion designer and stay-at-home mom aren't good things to be, but I would have liked one of them to stay with their "boyish" pursuits, instead of going with more traditional woman roles. Especially since, at least in 02, it made no sense for their characters at that point.

I hope they can at least convince me in Tri.

Stuart444

Knew Onkei would probably translate the stuff :D

What I take away from Hikari's profile: Photography and big brother complex. No changes to her character... I hope that changes in the actual series.

Takeru running a blog is quite cool.

Sora: Fit for a women? meh

Besides that, many of them seem like natural progressions of their characters. Got to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing Taichi, Izzy, Joe and Mimi the most and how they are now.

edit: also Hikari's drawings in the scan, her facial expressions look better than the ones seen so far. More personality

I-hate-u

I am liking all character personality progressions so far but Hikari is worrying me. I have a feeling she is going to get relegated to the side again because it sounds like she changed the least from her former self. Granted, she is till young.

As an aside, I am warming up to the fact that Tri is an OVA series after seeing DBS stills. Even though we won't get as much content as we like, at least we will get hopefully get quality animation and art.

onkeikun has posted a translation of the interview with Taichi's new voice actor. She requested the translation not be reposted and I can't give a link because there are scans, but I trust your guy's search skills.

The actor sounds pretty excited and there is some insight into older Taichi.

I am liking all character personality progressions so far but Hikari is worrying me. I have a feeling she is going to get relegated to the side again because it sounds like she changed the least from her former self.

She likes ice cream though.

Edit: The translation was updated with the producer interview. Looks like they are taking the epilogue wholesale. "Everyone gets a Digimon" hasn't happened yet it seems, Tri will be heading towards that.. Again, I'm not a fan, but I'll keep an open mind and see if they can do it justice.

Stuart444

Corrected.

The way the interview sounds it seems like each of the eight will get their time to shine, which is promising.

Hopefully. I do like the idea of Taichi hesitating as well due to the possibility of people getting hurt. Not something you would expect from the Taichi of old that would just rush in and do things without caring about the consequences.

Still should be interesting to see how things work.

Also yeah Taichi's VA sounds excited and seems like a fan alright which is cool :D

Top Bottom