• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) announced (early 2018)

Still not a fan of 3v3.

Apart from all the usual complaints, it also lead to the loss of Ex-bursts. I find it very wrong that game about celebrating all these characters clashing together, does not have their signature ultimate attacks, cuz "you can't force other 5 players to watch your cutscene attack"

I mean because it's 3v3 it allows for more support based characters leading to a more varied roster.
I'm actually happy with the competitive focus. I would love a balanced Dissidia with FF characters.

DunpealD

3v3 actually fits the Final Fantasy theme, since battles always been fought in teams.
Definitely giving this a try. Hopefully a prequel demo like Dissidia.

Well it IS the sequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 Duodecim

Since it is a Dissidia maybe people should wait for an eventual Dissidia Final Fantasy NTR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Loona

Haha. I remember that. It's always left ambiguous as to whether she would really have let any of the people she curses die though. She's certainly a bully but I always get the impression that she's not a murderer.

Victims left alive are easier to threaten into doing her bidding. There's even that whole part of the war where she intimidated part of the military of her own country so she could play military commander with plausible deniability. That in turn enables her to murder more invading forces under the pretext of a war effort, even if she's interfering with her own country's military plans

This is the same woman that while in a foreign land has no problem attacking a guy just minding his business because he looks too foreign, and that just just to soften him up before casting something even bigger, had he not escaped...

rataven

All the Tifa love makes me happy. Hope Square gets the message and adds her. Although I totally expect they plan too.

SOLDIER

All the Tifa love makes me happy. Hope Square gets the message and adds her. Although I totally expect they plan too.

Tifa's remake design gets unveiled in new trailer in Sony's conference.

Has Wonder Woman-esque showcase where she decimates dozens of Shinra soldiers and izuna drops a Behemoth.

Is immediately confirmed for Dissidia, and also a guest character in Super Street Fighter V and Tekken 7.

I fully believe at least half of the above to transpire next week.

BigEmil

Played the absolute fuck out of the PSP Dissidia's I'm done with those now give me this one I'll play it endlessly

TDLink

I wouldn't worry about it. She was in the last game and they said they will bring all the veterans back eventually. Only question will be if she'll be in the base release or DLC, I guess.

Aru

Meh, the story mode will probably be short if there is no RPG elements involved.
Too bad, I loved both campaigns from the previous games.
Still buying it though.

TDLink

Meh, the story mode will probably be short if there is no RPG elements involved.
Too bad, I loved both campaigns from the previous games.
Still buying it though.

Where did they say there are no RPG elements involved? They haven't really said much apart from there will be a story mode. I am sure we'll find out all the details more in depth between now and release.

One favor Squarenix.
Please give us option to remove individual HUD displays.

Numbers,
Player's life HP bar
Enemy life HP bar
Party faces , ect.

Aru

Where did they say there are no RPG elements involved? They haven't really said much apart from there will be a story mode. I am sure we'll find out all the details more in depth between now and release.

Here (french website)

Not sure what the source is, but the guy running this website isn't the kind to write false info.
I asked him in the comments if he was sure about it, I'm waiting for a reply.

rataven

I wouldn't worry about it. She was in the last game and they said they will bring all the veterans back eventually. Only question will be if she'll be in the base release or DLC, I guess.

Hopefully new characters aren't paid DLC. Costumes or other accessories I'd probably be ok with, especially if they give us some looks that are outside the box.

cheesekao

Hopefully new characters aren't paid DLC. Costumes or other accessories I'd probably be ok with, especially if they give us some looks that are outside the box.
Don't get your hopes up. How often do you see a fighter give away free DLC characters (outside of promo periods of course)?

Don't get your hopes up. How often do you see a fighter give away free DLC characters (outside of promo periods of course)?

Depends if you want to call Arms a fighter. But Nintendo is Nintendo.

Didn't Square Enix recently talk about games as a service? Dissidia NT perfectly fits that. We're gonna have to pay for the characters. No reason we wouldn't.

TDLink

Tekken Tag 2 had them IIRC.

Depends if you want to call Arms a fighter. But Nintendo is Nintendo.

Didn't Square Enix recently talk about games as a service? Dissidia NT perfectly fits that. We're gonna have to pay for the characters. No reason we wouldn't.

It's going to start with a good sized roster anyways. We have 24 confirmed characters, and at least 4 more character reveals announced. So that's 28 minimum. Could get to 30-32 by time the base game is out. So I don't have a problem paying for characters past that.

rataven

Well, Duodecim only had paid costumes and music tracks, plus the weird paid prologue thing that unlocked Aerith, although that game probably didn't have the infrastructure to add more playable fighters. Ideally they'd follow the same or similar model here. Wishful thinking, I know.

Aru

Here (french website)

Not sure what the source is, but the guy running this website isn't the kind to write false info.
I asked him in the comments if he was sure about it, I'm waiting for a reply.

He replied and showed his source:
http://gamestalk.net/post-80004/ (in japanese).
The story mode will be battles with cutscenes between them. No overworld or RPG elements.

PulseONE

I can't wait, day one

I think 012 is my third most played game of all time, I still have it installed on my Vita

TDLink

We don't even know the full base roster yet, so I wouldn't start worrying about if you're going to have pay an extra $5 to get Tifa or something.

Aru

Isn't that just a blog? They even list their gmail address lol ( game2talk at gmail.com ).

A blog that wrote a summary of the stream, yes.
Anyway, we'll see but I'd say that's not wrong.
FFWorld's journalist is very serious about his work. It's probably the best French FF website.

18922076_1365216586859851_4118104230972118482_n.jpg

Not sure if this is an official picture. But saw it on a Dissidia page on Facebook.

TDLink

So, are there absolutely NO RPG elements in the game anymore?

If so, I'm massively uninterested now.

Well in the OP there's this line from the "about the product" section:

Your fantasy. Your fight - Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion - from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up

So there's definitely XP for something, and getting new skills somehow.

HeeHo

Well in the OP there's this line from the "about the product" section:

So there's definitely XP for something, and getting new skills somehow.

Thanks for pointing that out. Seems practically unchanged from the first game by that description.

Top Bottom