• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC staffer berates Donna Brazile for helping elect Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's ridiculous to blame the people who didn't vote at this point.

Yes, if you wanted Hillary to win, or atleast didn't want Trump to win, and you live in a swing state and you didn't vote, you done fucked up. But I have a feeling that most of those people did vote.

Most of the people that didn't vote probably didn't care either way who won and that's on Hillary for not getting them on board considering a lot of them were on board for Obama.

The Tea Party started by ousting establishment republicans. Early on, Tea Partiers were a real threat to republicans. A liberal populist movement would only energize democrats and push people to vote.

But first, we have to get rid of those shortsighted elites who fucked up royally.

The tea party started by smaller groups showing up at every small event like zoning meetings to get their voices heard, it started by protesters showing up in congressional districts when their members came home.

At first they ran independent of the GOP and in one election in particular (New York special congressional election I think) they fielded a candidate as 3rd party who caused the GOP to lose to the Dem in a safe district. Then the GOP worked to bring them in with a few national conventions headed by Republicans. From there we started seeing the primary ousting of centrists to Tea Party candidates.

hodgy100

Moderate dems droppin minorities for the middle america vote just like republicans.

burn what's left of the party.

Stop thinking on a 2d axis you can appeal to middle working america while also furthering minority rights.

people didn't vote for clinton because she is smack bang in the middle and because of that didn't really represent any progress.

Middle america voted for trump because he offered them change from the status quo that has been failing people like them over the last 20 years. All this is the last dying breath of neoliberal politics that tries too hard to straddle the middle and if there is anything good to have come from all this its that.

The DNC need a push to refocus on poor middle america that was ruined by the change in the job landscape while simultaneously campaigning for the rights of minorities.

Brexit and then this was two hard slaps in the face. This is people telling you they are hurting and the system has wronged them. I'm not saying this is all right its not. brexit was dont on mass xenophobia and trump on extreme racism and sexism. But the opposition isn't offering a viable alternative. the the UK general election last year they floated up bloody ed miliband the most boring candidate i've ever seen, no enthusiasm no change to the status quo. and clinton is exactly the same.

next time politics comes up with my parents I'm just going to explain to them how the party my father votes for (conservative) has vastly hurt the working class in england and the Labour party dont offer a real alternative they just push up people like miliband who is just like blair and Cameron. This has made people clamber for anyone that offers a shakeup like farage and trump. These are disgusting people and they obviously should be no where near any position of power, Jet because these people feel like there was no alternative, they voted for them / their cause.

This year has been sobering for me

Makonero

The tea party started by smaller groups showing up at every small event like zoning meetings to get their voices heard, it started by protesters showing up in congressional districts when their members came home.

At first they ran independent of the GOP and in one election in particular (New York special congressional election I think) they fielded a candidate as 3rd party who caused the GOP to lose to the Dem in a safe district. Then the GOP worked to bring them in with a few national conventions headed by Republicans. From there we started seeing the primary ousting of centrists to Tea Party candidates.
Sounds like a game plan to me.

True. Democrats can still keep our liberal social aims while also reaching out to the poor and downtrodden in rural Ohio. It is not an impossible task. Obama did this twice in 2008 and 2012.

Will it be tricky? Yes. Does it require a bit more thought to be put into policy? Yes. But it can be done. It HAS to be done, because we have no other options.

I don't remember seeing Clinton wearing a hard hat once. Pouring that beer with 50% head ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom