• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Oetker to introduce chocolate pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

so it's a cake?
there are similar ones in the US since years.
the "best" one I saw was with cookies as topping....

screw the big frozen pizza brands(dr oethker, wagner etc)here. they are all equally bad and ridiculously overprized (3 euros for one pizza? yeah fuck off).
best frozen pizzas are from some smaller manufacturer in the middle of nowhere in lower austria.
in fact I was pretty amazed to learn (I visited the "factory") that they produce many of the no name brand pizzas sold in discount stores. There is also no difference in quality of the toppings(yes, they are made with real cheese).
Their spicy pizza with jalapenos is god like.

why is the writing on the pizza in italian?
Saying 3€ for a Pizza is too much and at the same time glowing over a small manufacturer who is supplying the cheap shit to the discounters makes your opinion automatically invalid.

Gintamen

Saying 3€ for a Pizza is too much and at the same time glowing over a small manufacturer who is supplying the cheap shit to the discounters makes your opinion automatically invalid.
Even worse when those discounter pizza are rebranded versions of the expensive ones...

Tbf a nutella pizza is fairly common here in Italy

Usually as last when you go for an all you can eat pizza menu

Frozen and then reheated chocolate makes me wanna cry tho

Ctrl+F "Pineapple"...

Where's the pineapple though?

Need more pineapple.

i wonder what it would taste like with pineapple on it

They should add pineapple and mushrooms. I mean, they obviously tried to create the most disgusting object that loosely falls under the definition of "pizza", so why not go all the way?

Looks good to me.

Needs pineapple tho

...memeGAF lives up to expectations

Mendrox

so it's a cake?
there are similar ones in the US since years.
the "best" one I saw was with cookies as topping....

screw the big frozen pizza brands(dr oethker, wagner etc)here. they are all equally bad and ridiculously overprized (3 euros for one pizza? yeah fuck off).
best frozen pizzas are from some smaller manufacturer in the middle of nowhere in lower austria.
in fact I was pretty amazed to learn (I visited the "factory") that they produce many of the no name brand pizzas sold in discount stores. There is also no difference in quality of the toppings(yes, they are made with real cheese).
Their spicy pizza with jalapenos is god like.

why is the writing on the pizza in italian?

Yes of course. Have you checked that cheese out? Even cheaper pizzas than 3€ and then trying to tell us that they also use REAL cheese.

I don't believe you and need evidence for that shit after all that artifical cheese news these last years. I mean even pizza delivery services here in Germany start to offer Pizza with real cheese or the fake stuff.

Nikodemos

This thread has convinced me to try out the dessert pizza from a local place next time I order out.
They have a vanilla cream and berries 'pizzert'.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Had these in the UK for ages! Never tried one though...
12063053_1156353807728700_795367024_n.jpg

They're pretty good. We were desperate for something chocolatey one evening so tried one. The 'pizza' base is a little savoury/not sweet so the overall impact isn't as sickly as you might imagine

Keasar

These are pies! Suddenly pies aren't cool anymore and we have to call them pizza...

Can we call Pizzas pies now?

Serious question, why do Americans in some areas call pizzas "pies"? Like, I get it in the case of that Chicago "pizza" monstrosity:
That's a tart. A proper Pizza looks like this:

De0WUDB.jpg
That there is clearly a cheese and tomato pie with meat, but anytime else it's just weird.

AlucardGV

Banned
i'm crying. pizzagaf confim again it's the worst place created by humanity. if aliens will ever come to earth do not let them browse pizzagaf

Fliesen

Wasn't Dr. Oetker originally a health food brand?

Or am I thinking of something else?

Not that i'm aware of. Their first product was "Backin", a baking powder.

In general, they're most closely associated with baking supplies, cake mixes, but also frozen convenience food.

Fliesen

I've sworn off chocolate during lent and this thread is killing me.

Now people are even bringing up Ritter Sport, whose Dark Chocolate whole hazelnut as well as the Marzipan are basically ambrosia for me.

... Can i somehow put a thread onto my ignore list?

This thread, oh man. The world feels bigger somehow after reading it.

That abomination of an hot-dog is gonna appear in my nightmares I just know it.

lazygecko

Does anyone else ever wonder why cocoa even ended up as primarily a dessert/snack ingredient? I mean, raw cocoa on its own isn't even sweet. Why didn't it end up being used as some kind of seasoning instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom