• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Dreadwolf Full Reveal is Next Week

diffusionx

Gold Member
Honestly, this is one of my most anticipated releases. I don't plan on buying it or playing it, but I will get hours of entertainment out of it's existence. Concord is gonna be hard to beat for megaton of the summer, but if anyone can do it, it's these people.
I've been calling it Dragon Age: Deadname for a long time and I didn't even realize what was going on with the development.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

2PMwliA.jpeg

It's over.

OIMviez.jpeg

PPIKkv8.jpeg

shYRjOk.png

Let's hope he can be professional and make a good game without shoving his ideologies down our throat.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Let's hope he can be professional and make a good game without shoving his ideologies down our throat.

That's my hope too.
But I doubt that. Look I have no problem if someone is/wants to be whatever gender they want in their own life. The problem is for a lot of these people this single thing becomes everything. It seeps into their professional life and even worse, into these products. Its a video game and the most important aspect of it is that it should be fun, not about 'message' these people want to shove down our throats. But seeing her comments ("I have perspective noone has"), of course the message will be shoved down.
Endless trash. This is ruining everything.

Dazraell

Gold Member
nVSMcCK.jpeg

Her?

This is going to be great! A real treat.

eVpeJhu.gif
Yeah... When I saw that interview where they said their perspective on Dragon Age is very different and they want to make sure franchise will feel inclusive and representative to their personal views, I definitely recognized it as a red flag. Their top priority should be making a good RPG that is fun and interesting to play, not to shove in personal ideologies

Last edited:

Madflavor

Gold Member
Didn't Larian Studios do Bioware better than Bioware has done in the past decade and a half? Didn't Baldur's Gate 3 give us the true spiritual successor to Dragon Age Origins, which was the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate 2? Larian and CDProjektRed rendered Bioware obsolete. We don't need these clowns anymore.

Is there any doubt Dreadwolf isn't going to completely suck fucking ass? Most of the Bioware Alumni that made the company in the 90s and 2000s are gone, and even some of those people devolved into hacks anyway. Bioware has been a slowly rotting egg ever since DA2, with each game getting worse and worse. Anthem and Andromeda were absolute jokes, and Dreadwolf has been scrapped and restarted numerous times.

april6e

I just want turn based Dragon Age back. Dragon Age 3 winning GOTY (during an extremely weak gaming year) felt like the death knell for this series because they now think that's what people want from the series moving forward and that Dragon Age 2's poor reception was just an anomaly.

Also, it's beating a dead horse at this point but when I was playing BG3 at launch, the entire time, I was thinking "Am I playing a better version of Dragon Age Origins"? It's a shame how far Bioware has fallen. Origins was so incredible for its time.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
I just want turn based Dragon Age back.
Dragon Age was never turn-based though, combat was real time with pause. But I get what you're saying. To me the biggest flaw was Inquisition's gameplay loop and its lifeless open zones. They reminded me a lot of an offline MMO. Tons of boring fetch quests, huge overeliance on notes over proper npcs and cutscenes, repetitive activities, etc. Main story rarely happens on these maps which makes them feel very disconnected. And that stuff took majority of time on a playthrough, without that bloat main story is very short. So yeah, to me this approach made the game feel lacking the same level of focus that Origins had. It also had some boring fetch quests, but main story and side content had much more substance to it

This is going to be a huge trainwreck, and I'll be enjoying my popcorn watching it unfold. Then I remember when Bioware used to be great, and my mood is soured. At least if this flops, I think EA is finally going to do what probably should've been done right after ME3.

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member
This game is DOA.

As is typical, it appears that the 'game director' has all the wrong priorities. I wonder if there will be a single non-masculine female character in the game? Wouldn't want anyone to feel insecure now would we. Why is it that the only things the devs consider worthy of discussing is more of this current day nonsense? It is clear that this franchise has become some kind of vehicle to push personal politics rather than making a compelling video-game. Sad.

Last edited:
This is going to be a huge trainwreck, and I'll be enjoying my popcorn watching it unfold. Then I remember when Bioware used to be great, and my mood is soured. At least if this flops, I think EA is finally going to do what probably should've been done right after ME3.
I share similar concerns for Bioware, but rumors from prominent members of the media say Dreadwolf is coming together quite well. We will see. I can't imagine what this communities reaction would be if the game is actually good.

Hudo

Gold Member
If this thing fails and EA still don't close BioWare then I don't know what to say anymore.

They've closed Westwood Studios for far, far fewer failures and they've closed Origin Systems even though Ultima Online was still successful. Yet BioWare are allowed to fuck up again and again.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
If this thing fails and EA still don't close BioWare then I don't know what to say anymore.

They've closed Westwood Studios for far, far fewer failures and they've closed Origin Systems even though Ultima Online was still successful. Yet BioWare are allowed to fuck up again and again.
I mean, they technically pushed two stinkers so they do definitely have dark clouds over them. EA most likely gave Dreadwolf a chance as I believe Inquisition was claimed to be BioWare's best selling game so far

DavidGzz

dragon-age-dreadwolf.png

Elves are supposed to be pretty. Already off to a great start by making him bald with a big nose and a butt chin. Humans are going to be battered with an ugly stick if this is how elves look. Dreadwolf should be a dark or sinister title but it couldn't look less threatening. Neon purple. Giving off Saints Row vibes.... At lease we got this teaser to prepare our collective anguses for the butchering of the Dragon Age name. Imagine if Summer Game Fest is somehow worse than the State of Play.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
dragon-age-dreadwolf.png

Elves are supposed to be pretty. Already off to a great start by making him bald with a big nose and a butt chin. Humans are going to be battered with an ugly stick if this is how elves look. Dreadwolf should be a dark or sinister title but it couldn't look less threatening. Neon purple. Giving off Saints Row vibes.... At lease we got this teaser to prepare our collective anguses for the butchering of the Dragon Age name. Imagine if Summer Game Fest is somehow worse than the State of Play.

You can't expect any good from people who believe this trash is a decent teaser. If their reality is so warped that will show in the game.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I definitely enjoyed it.
It wasn't a disaster and was okay, but honestly, I think a lot of goty awards given to Inquisition happened only because 2014 was a relatively weak year in terms of releases. Definitely wasn't my goty for that year, that's for sure

So this will be during SGF then?
Official news are that reveal is planned for "summer", but there are some rumors it may be revealed this week

Ben87fr

Bioware closing when ? I mean after dragon age inquisition, mass effect andromeda and anthem they should be fucked right ? Who buys this shit ?

Stafford

It wasn't a disaster and was okay, but honestly, I think a lot of goty awards given to Inquisition happened only because 2014 was a relatively weak year in terms of releases. Definitely wasn't my goty for that year, that's for sure

Official news are that reveal is planned for "summer", but there are some rumors it may be revealed this week

Ah got it. I guess it depends on what they got planned. If it's like a gameplay reveal and also devs talking it might be its own seperate stream.

Zathalus

dragon-age-dreadwolf.png

Elves are supposed to be pretty? I assume you've never played a Dragon Age game then?

DavidGzz

Elves are supposed to be pretty? I assume you've never played a Dragon Age game then?

Well, it used to be said that Dragon Age was a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate so I figured they would follow D&D rules where Elves get +2 to charisma. Granted, it doesn't mean you can't have ugly elves, just that it's less likely. I played them but hardly remember the way elves looked.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Ah got it. I guess it depends on what they got planned. If it's like a gameplay reveal and also devs talking it might be its own seperate stream.
Well, rumors says it might be released this Fall, so if these are indeed correct I would assume either SGF or Xbox conference would be a place where they will show something and reveal a release date

Well, it used to be said that Dragon Age was a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate so I figured they would follow D&D rules where Elves get +2 to charisma. Granted, it doesn't mean you can't have ugly elves, just that it's less likely. I played them but hardly remember the way elves looked.
Long story short, that elf from the graphic is a character who already appeared in one of the past games and will be a main villain. He's not an full representative of how DA elves looks like, but I wouldn't call them pretty either

Top Bottom