• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 Announced! [PS4/3DS (simultaneous), NX (tentative)]

Labadal

That looks like a game I really want to play. While I did give up on DQVIII after 20 hours and DQIX too, I am willing to give this a shot. I really liked the older DQs.

Caronte

I have resentment. There's too much games being developed at 1 time. I understand they are outsourcing this to a bunch of different development shops, and that's always been Enix's practice, but they should focus it up a bit more.

I'm saying this about all of SE. So many releases announced, and I know the calendar probably goes all the way to 2018 with all of these announcements, but still - I'm worried quality is going to suffer.

Rather they just focused on a 3DS or a PS4 DQ11.

Square Enix is a big publisher, they can do this. It looks like too much because the previous generation was so terrible for them.

GamerJM

Banned
I have resentment. There's too much games being developed at 1 time. I understand they are outsourcing this to a bunch of different development shops, and that's always been Enix's practice, but they should focus it up a bit more.

I'm saying this about all of SE. So many releases announced, and I know the calendar probably goes all the way to 2018 with all of these announcements, but still - I'm worried quality is going to suffer.

I mean, compared to Square and Enix's release schedule during the late 90s or something there aren't a lot of games announced now.

Heartfyre

It's the best way of celebrating the 30th Anniversary, I think. A 3DS version that heralds back not only to the NES style, but also the DS/3DS style. And then, we have a PS4 version that is closer to Dragon Quest VIII, which remains the high point of the series for me. As you can imagine, the version I'm most looking forward to is clear.

zeopower6

I don't think there's much to worry about. Plus given the 30th anniversary, of course they're going to go all out with games.

Can someone explain the Nanking thing to me please? I assume it's a joke because no one in their right mind would bring up such a touchy subject in the middle of a live video game conference.

Rymuth

Looks great, just hope it comes west.

I think Shu's got ya covered :)

Pexkm4p.png

I don't own a PS4 yet, but I was intending to get one next year.

Excellent. So, this is on everything I own and care about or will own and care about.

Nice.

Ravidrath

What's his connection to Nanking? Like why does he talk about?
Sorry, if this is off thread.

Haha, sorry - just a dumb thing that pops into my mind anytime he comes up.

Sugiyama is a Japanese Hyper-Nationalist, and took out a big ad in the paper a while ago saying the Rape of Nanking was a lie, etc.

Whatever happened to their Luminous engine they were building with FFXV? A massive waste of time and money, huh?

It's still being used for FFXV.

Presumably, like with XIII, they didn't really make a reuseable engine and it'll only ever be used on XV and XV sequels and spin-offs.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Maybe it has a third screen (...the TV?) and the top is the PS4 version, the middle is the polygonal 3DS version, and the third is the SNES version? Actually, I'm 89% sure this is true.

I'll vouch for the remaining 11%.

pastrami

Impressive announcements, leaving little to no room for console warrior bullshit. 3DS version looks to have a genius idea at its core, and the PS4 version, while clearly early, looked very pretty indeed. NX version on top of that was the cherry on the cake; although this is not the thread for it, it confirms and implies an awful lot of very interesting things about that platform.

This has been very well played by Squenix. Now to get the games out!

Lol, what exactly does it imply? That the NX will indeed be a games console with games (some even third party!)? You guys are so weird.

Really surprised by the news. PS4 version looked early, but good. 3DS version was awesome. Loved the 2D/3D combo.

Top Bottom