• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Devs talk PC Release and Potential Sequel

Corpekata

Banned
I wonder if Dragon's Dogma is better with Keyboard/Mouse or Controller for a first playthrough. This will be a tough one.

Do a combo!

KBAM gets item hotkeys (I think 3 or 4) but the game can switch around.

I think the ideal way will be with a DS4 with DS4windows, and program 1-4 to swipe left, swipe up, etc on the touchpad.

Fasty

So.... You're telling me there's a chance?

Well, yeah, the story is trash and the character except for one or two exceptions are trash. Granted, the story does get interesting near the end. But that combat and enemy design.... Mmmm...

I can't understand how people who have finished the game completely can say this. It's easily one of the best stories I've ever encountered in a game.

Sesha

^Unless someone else takes over DMC, Itsuno probably wouldn't be on DD2. Capcom has a planned 2.5 year schedule for their major releases (SF5 being an exception probably due to its already stated DLC plan). Having DMC "take a break" while Itsuno handled DD2 probably isn't on the table.

^Unless someone else takes over DMC, Itsuno probably wouldn't be on DD2. Capcom has a planned 2.5 year schedule for their major releases (SF5 being an exception probably due to its already stated DLC plan). Having DMC "take a break" while Itsuno handled DD2 probably isn't on the table.

I'm willing to wait for a DD2 by Itsuno.

As long as we get it. Capcom... please!

CaLe

I bought this and I don't know why. I already have a huge backlog. Whoever wants DD2, you're welcome.

I'm assuming it's good from the comments here. Does it support resolutions higher than 1080p ?

nded

I bought this and I don't know why. I already have a huge backlog. Whoever wants DD2, you're welcome.

I'm assuming it's good from the comments here. Does it support resolutions higher than 1080p ?

I think it supports up to at least 4K resolution.

I'd rebuy Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PS4. I'm confused that the port to new console isn't a thing. The game runs awfully on last gen and everything. But my laptop should be able to run this seeing as the MT Framework engine is great and is easy to run.

Steel

Banned
I can't understand how people who have finished the game completely can say this. It's easily one of the best stories I've ever encountered in a game.

If you read the sentence after the bolded, you'd know I at least agree that it gets interesting near the end.

I would not say it's anywhere close to one of the best stories I've encountered.
It's a nice mindfuck, nothing more.
<--- Not really a spoiler but says the way in which the endgame is interesting.

Cracklox

If you read the sentence after the bolded, you'd know I at least agree that it gets interesting near the end.

I would not say it's anywhere close to one of the best stories I've encountered.
It's a nice mindfuck, nothing more.
<--- Not really a spoiler but says the way in which the endgame is interesting.

Ya, its like when they were making the game they got to the end and went 'Oh shit! The story. Forgot about that'. And then through a whole bunch of stuff at it, and the last hour/ hour and half of the story in vanilla is actually pretty interesting. Woulda been nice if they spaced it out more but.

I played this and Witcher 2 back to back a few years ago and loved them both but they were gamings ying and yang for me. They both excelled in the areas the other floundered. I've often thought since, the perfect game would be some sort of love-child between the two. Witchers world, characters and story, with DD's combat system. Hnnnnghgh

Kssio_Aug

Wasn't aware of this. Only 30 dollars! =o
There's quite a while I don't buy launch games, but I may open an exception with this.

GHG

Gold Member
So does this mean everyone will buy DD PC even if they won't play it just because they want a sequel?

Pretty sure Dragon's Dogma was one of the most expensive Capcom games ever made, along with RE6. DD tanking and RE6 underperforming is partially why Capcom hasn't been doing great financially these last few years.

No Capcom game outside of maybe SF2 has done 8 million. The closest is RE5 at 6.9m after six years. If DD sold 8 million, even 5 million, there'd be a sequel by now. Itsuno wouldn't be able to work on DMC ever again if that happened. Don't spout unnecessary hyperbole. Spinoff MMOs often don't appear overseas anyway.

Wow, I didn't realize DD did so poorly compared to its budget and expectations:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Only 1.3M total :\ . Hopefully if it does well on PC it might give the series another chance.

Cracklox

So does this mean everyone will buy DD PC even if they won't play it just because they want a sequel?

Hopefully.

If I wasn't such a broke ass at the moment i'd consider triple dipping, even though my ps3 would probably do a better job of running it then my very modest PC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like how they don't mention framerate, which is actually the part that 99% of us wanted a PC version for :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Only 1.3M total : . Hopefully if it does well on PC it might give the series another chance.
It was also their second largest production ever after Resident Evil 6 and was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back in Capcom's AAA game strategy.

They've been incredibly cautious and much more service oriented since then.

It's sad that I won't be able to day one this unless someone gives it to me, I missed out on this when it was a console game.

I'm glad they ported it and it sounds like it will be a good port.

low-G

Got it originally on 360,
enjoyed it but never got super far in it, thought some of the concepts were amazing
Got Dark Arisen free on PS3...

I'm glad the PC version will be cheap, and the upgrade seems significant, so I bought it. Hope I eventually get through it all the way. Definitely an interesting game.

Pranay

It was also their second largest production ever after Resident Evil 6 and was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back in Capcom's AAA game strategy.

One thing is that most of the sales were from Japan

TreIII

Hope y'all experiencing this for the first time, enjoy it!

Probably won't touch this game again unless a remaster hits PS4/Xbone too, myself.

So it was all our fault in the end. :O

totoro'd

Just the thought of a Dragon's Dogma 2 with co-op, a more varied world and a solid frame-rate...

Lord give me strength!

that would be the greatest game of all time

DD was one of my favorite games of last gen (had it on 360), already have this preordered, and my bf is on the verge of preordering it too (he's heard me rave about it so much)

that would be the greatest game of all time

DD was one of my favorite games of last gen (had it on 360), already have this preordered, and my bf is on the verge of preordering it too (he's heard me rave about it so much)

You could always set up Steam Family Sharing between you two. You won't be able to play the game at the same time, but it would give him the chance to play it with his own character and maybe he'll end up just buying it. :p

Deep Down was way different, it wasn't open world, it was online focused, it was F2P and so on. If anything it's basically DD:Online even though they also made DD:Online, so it's probably never being released.

Lmao what, seriously what.......what......

That story was utter crap for 99% of the game and at the very end it finally had a cool idea but it doesn't matter because the rest of the game was still shit. I love DD, one of my favorite games of last gen, but that story was a joke.

Mifec

Because people are probably exposed to a lot more stories than you and see how bad/stock most of the story is in DD?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Only 1.3M total :\ . Hopefully if it does well on PC it might give the series another chance.

That's really low. Could it be related to bad marketing or something? I didn't see that much coverage/ads on websites etc. for the game. Hopefully this has a better chance with the PC release.

Bluth54

Preordered on PC. Would still like to see it come to PS4/X1 though.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it eventually makes it's way to the PS4 and XB1 since those two systems are so similar to modern PCs and this is Capcom we're talking about.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well honestly bought it blindly since I know know nothing about it other than it's Itsuno's baby but that's enough for me. Avoided console release because of performance issues I heard about.

Top Bottom