• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub making 'spectacular progress' release date update due 'in the weeks to come

Still teasing the release date announcement? They teased that as coming soon months ago. My guess would be that this game isn't coming this year.

Uh hasn't it just been delayed once?

Déjà vu. I could swear I responded to this yesterday, but the first delay was for early 2014. That window is rapidly closing. It's probably gonna release in the second half of 2014, since it's gonna be at least a few weeks since we even have a release date. It definitely counts as a second delay IMO.

It was just put on the list of PS4 titles of 2014. It's totally coming out this year.
It was on the list last year too, as a launch game. That list doesn't really mean that much. I could see a number of those games not actually coming out this year.

SCEE also confirmed that "DRIVECLUB does have a Game Director at the helm who we will be revealing very soon."

Some say, he was once a God of War and that he murdered everyone in his family....
all we know is, he's called THE STIG!

Dabanton

SCEE also confirmed that "DRIVECLUB does have a Game Director at the helm who we will be revealing very soon."

Lol why not reveal them now? Would certainly change the chatter to something more positive.

'Sony is keeping too quiet about these layoffs!'

Next day, announcements come saying:

Star-Wars-Han-Solo-operating-number.jpg

the Internet says:

Cubed

Give. Me. This. Game.

I think I say this in every DC thread: I bought a PS4 on launch day for this game.

Still... waiting...

This game seems destined to never be released which incredibly sad.

Burnout Paradise now seems like the last great arcade racer that we'll ever have.

StuBurns

Banned
Lol why not reveal them now? Would certainly change the chatter to something more positive.
Why do they care about that? Any positive news they might as well hold till E3 where things can be delivered in a concentration that will give them a larger impact.

Pop

When I think of E3, I don't think a few weeks away. If that was the case why wouldn't he just have said at E3. Hoping for 2 weeks or less.

Elitro

How many times to we have to hear "soon" from these guys :/

I have to agree.

So many empty promises of information regarding this game, at this point the only thing that they could do that would mean something is to announce when we will know the release date of the game,

Seriously it's not funny anymore, when we ask for more information we don't need to know that it will come... we need to know when!

so we're looking forward to sharing an update on development, release date and videos of the game in action in the weeks to come.

Cool so I think it was Shortly -> Soon -> Weeks to come

PROGRESS!!!!

Withnail

It will be re-revealed with embargoed press previews and the like. I imagine that stuff is currently being arranged.

My money would still be on a May/June release. Sony always has something out around that time.

Good that it's making spectacular progress. If that game had come out, I swear it would have been a textbook launch title - with next to nothing distinguishing about it.

That social stuff they were crapping on about is in NFS, and will be big in every racing game from here on out.

StuBurns

Banned
Kiefer Sutherland.
It's funny that it could have any director that would have a name people would care about.

Maybe Three Fields are co-developing, and Alex Ward is directing. I can't think of another recognizable racing game director in the UK.

Top Bottom