• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound has been one of the things widely praised by most.

Not sure why is it bad.

I mean hell, hearing the crunch when you get hit gets me grimacing because of how familiar it sounds.

I just was able to connect and create a club. Club name is ThrKnBownlyone

I'm in my late 30's and located in California. If you would like to join my PSN is SalientChief.

Loving this game so far and can't wait to see how the whole club aspect works.

Melchiah

The lack of loading is also a big plus, but I wish the hood view (which I always use) wouldn't be so low, as the cars in front of you totally block out the view of the track. Although, being so low probably adds to the sense of speed to some extent.

Hoje0308

Banned
Still no iOS app??!!

I think the mobile apps are going to be last in line. Priority seems to be getting the game working properly for paying customers, then Plus edition and then mayyyyybe you'll be able to use mobile. My guess is that you'll be waiting quite a while for that, as even the app stresses their servers.

I wanna get our damn club activated :(

Nerix

Is it possible to create more than just one club? It doesn't seem to be the case...

Is it at least possible to be a member of more than one?

Aiii

So not worth it
I can imagine, that the game isn't for everyone as it's pretty challenging, just like WipEout was. I only hope it, and the reviews dismissing the game for the lack of open world, won't result with similarly low sales, as it could probably be a final death sentence to the arcade racing genre.

Thanks to the PS+ version, I'm sure reviewers aren't as important this time around. Aside from that, it's (until Project Cars comes out) the only option as far as racers go besides NFS:Rivals (which doesn't support wheels and is a completely different kind of racer), so it has that going for it.

Melchiah

Thanks to the PS+ version, I'm sure reviewers aren't as important this time around. Aside from that, it's (until Project Cars comes out) the only option as far as racers go besides NFS:Rivals (which doesn't support wheels and is a completely different kind of racer), so it has that going for it.

I hope so, as the game definitely deserves it. Although, the lack of PS+ version at release date is inexcusable, and could sour the outlook towards the game.

Sami+

Is it possible to create more than just one club? It doesn't seem to be the case...

Is it at least possible to be a member of more than one?

Nah. Everything you do will pitch in to your club's Fame and go to the other members as well. If you were able to join more than one it wouldn't be balanced.

Hedrush

11 hours until my digital UK version unlocks. I tried so hard to stay away from this thread the past couple of days but it was just too difficult. I just had to come in and read peoples impressions and it just made the wait seem even longer. I knew this game was going to be great.

Okay so I am reading up on the server issues and from what I understand, users who bought the full version are prioritized. Is that correct? If so. it's BS because I have the full version and I can't connect.

This game, while it does have it's little graphical anomalies here and there, looks absolutely stunning. The lighting and car models are the best I've seen from any racer. This is coming from a Project Cars guy on a beastly PC rig. And for those of you who were worried about this being an all out arcade racer, it isn't. You have to use your brakes, take the proper corner entry and exits, and pulse the throttle. With that said, it is definitely less forgiving than all out racing sims.

Dead Man

It's definitely disguised concern trolling. The same user wrote this in this same thread earlier, which I thought was pretty ridiculous. Don't worry everybody, it's ok that we like DriveClub. We have approval.

They really have to fix the server shit as soon as possible though. Isn't that the main reason they even had a beta?

That looked nothing like concern trolling to me, both the posts in question looked pretty enthusiastic outside the couple of things they were unsure of or didn't like. You should raise your threshold for questions and feedback.

simonski

11 hours until my digital UK version unlocks. I tried so hard to stay away from this thread the past couple of days but it was just too difficult. I just had to come in and read peoples impressions and it just made the wait seem even longer. I knew this game was going to be great.

Has the PS+ Upgrade version not unlocked yet either (in the UK)?

nib95

Banned
I guess it has to do with the spectrum of reference each player has?

Not really. The problem is most people are used to exaggerated and hollywoodised sounds and think those are accurate. If car manufacturers are asking Evo for their recordings to use in adverts because of how honest they are, you know they are.

I believe they used a more advanced recording set up than in any other game in history.

Kane1345

LCBh0.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I truly am confused. Besides price, what is the difference between the $60 digital version and the $50 ps+ upgrade? I thought when I preordered the game for $50 I was getting a discount on the full game. Is this not the case?

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Got it! Finally showed up on the store while I was at work and I downloaded it straight away. I've played a little bit, but I think I will wait for the servers to be up. Enjoyed what little I played.

Also got the 3 pre-order (not really pre-order here, more like early adopter) cars and a nice Mercedes, but haven't driven those yet.

I was lucky enough to be able to download the free PS+ version before PSN asia took down the game. Needless to say I really like the game so I purchased the full version.

I think everyone should try this game first before judging this game based on reviews alone.

That looked nothing like concern trolling to me, both the posts in question looked pretty enthusiastic outside the couple of things they were unsure of or didn't like. You should raise your threshold for questions and feedback.

I didn't call that particular post I linked to concern trolling, I just said it was ridiculous.

I truly am confused. Besides price, what is the difference between the $60 digital version and the $50 ps+ upgrade? I thought when I preordered the game for $50 I was getting a discount on the full game. Is this not the case?

You answered yourself. You're getting a $10 discount with the PS+ upgrade.

Melchiah

Huh, it's for once actually about the same price in Europe, as the PS+ upgrade cost 40€ here. That's commendable. Now, if only that would apply to all the other games as well.

Hedrush

I just had a quick look on the UK store there. It advertises the season pass for £19.99 but I can't seem to actually download it. I take it i need to wait until tomorrow for that, no rush tho obviously I just wanted to buy it just now.

TheBear

I absolutely love this game but it feels so hollow without online. Can't believe they haven't figured it out yet. I just want to get my club going, I don't want to progress any more without levelling up my club. This is a fucking shambles, and it sucks because I really think they have something here. Hopefully it's sorted for the weekend.

cyen

looks like you keep coming to this thread to say bad things about the game, and/or making comparisons to other games.

At least remove you avatar, it's embarrassing for my club :(

So i can only come to this thread to say is the best game ever even if it´s nothing but a disapointing? Of course i will compare with other games, driveclub is not a league on it´s own as far as i can tell.

le-seb

Not really. The problem is most people are used to exaggerated and hollywoodised sounds and think those are accurate. If car manufacturers are asking Evo for their recordings to use in adverts because of how honest they are, you know they are. .
To be perfectly honest, car makers asking Evo for their recordings because they were better than theirs doesn't necessarily mean that they've been used untouched in the game.
But Evo not making up the sounds too much is probably what make people feel they're not beefy/bestial enough.

Late Flag

I absolutely love this game but it feels so hollow without online. Can't believe they haven't figured it out yet. I just want to get my club going, I don't want to progress any more without levelling up my club. This is a fucking shambles, and it sucks because I really think they have something here. Hopefully it's sorted for the weekend.

Yep. If this was a shit game like the 5/10 reviews made it sound like, then you could write off a shaky launch as no big deal. But this game is really good. It needs to be up and running fully for people who bought it, and Sony needs to be pushing the PS+ version out to people too. Playing this thing for yourself is the best marketing campaign possible, and it's painful to watch them bungle it.

Yep. If this was a shit game like the 5/10 reviews made it sound like, then you could write off a shaky launch as no big deal. But this game is really good. It needs to be up and running fully for people who bought it, and Sony needs to be pushing the PS+ version out to people too. Playing this thing for yourself is the best marketing campaign possible, and it's painful to watch them bungle it.

Definitely. The game really comes alive when you're getting challenges from friends at every step of the way, it's ridiculously addictive in the way that Geometry Wars and Resogun are; constantly updated times and scores to tell you just how rubbish you are, and who you have to beat to be slightly less rubbish (for a minute or two).

DonMigs85

Other than a few effects I don't think the game is really THAT graphically impressive after all. I think they would have been better off sacrificing a bit of detail to get 60FPS.
Can't wait to see how Gran Turismo 7 looks. I hope it's a solid 60FPS with zero screen tear.

Last night I spent 100% dash cam, 0% opacity on the HUD. Amazing... Until you exit a pro level time trial and realize you only out paced the bronze time.

as "reference", I cannot accept a video segment of what is in my opinion definitely taken with an early gopro hd cam.

early gopro's were notorious for their bad sound quality. you can witness that in your own link :D only a tight range of the sound spectrum is captured, and this along with tremendous amount of distortion and other noises.
if 458 really sounded like this in the drivers seat, I bet that the entire ferrari acoustics dept. would be fired in a single day :)

on your video, check the in-car sound as its recorded by another camera that simply is not a gopro to hear the difference (and still, very very far from audio equipment used to capture high performing engines). example around 20 seconds in. not the 1:10 you choose.
and right before that 20 sec. spot, you can hear again the early gopro poor audio at 17 sec to attest the sound quality difference yourself. and right above the exhausts too.

actually the videos that he comments on, they are all playstation 4 videos.
I guess you didnt even bother to see what they were about before writing your ...thing?
and a friendly tip: dont mix t10 and authenticity in your arguments, when defending dc ;)

Nevermind. Not worth it. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom