• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

SO i can choose what ever colour I want for the car. Not livery stickers. just straight up normal colours. Cool. i don't know what they are on about. Jeff made this game sound completely bad to be fair, I'm looking forward to giving it a go but i feel bad for the people that pre ordered it. It's a mess of a game right now

Yep, you can choose a normal color. You have to go to the ''Garage'' option from the main menu and there you can change it up.

And a mess of a game? Nah, even without online functions it's a blast to play.

foxbeldin

SO i can choose what ever colour I want for the car. Not livery stickers. just straight up normal colours. Cool. i don't know what they are on about. Jeff made this game sound completely bad to be fair, I'm looking forward to giving it a go but i feel bad for the people that pre ordered it. It's a mess of a game right now

Don't feel bad for me, i'm okay really.

Drift,
for anyone that thinks drifting is badly implemented or not possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfU5dKBBYDM

It's more than good enough for the 3 medals but could be much better - for example not sliding off the track!

Engine sounds good to me, as well, does it sound like a Spyker? why yes:
( real ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oV1K-sg5Xs )

tdpjEQ8l.png

Xater

It's pretty inexcusable that the online stuff is still not working. That's kinda the only reason I am pissed at the game.

Did GB really say you can't choose colors or make designs?

Yes.

I love those guys, but their discussion and review of DriveClub is not one of their finer moments.

Jeff and Brad complained about the physics model during the Bombcast. Both suggested DC was marketed as a sim stand-in for Gran Tourismo. And during the Quick Look, Jeff—who reviewed them game—didn't know the answers to basic questions or misspoke about several features.

Honestly, his review felt half-arsed in many ways.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Is this the definition of concern trolling?

no I was actually trying to be a bit funny. I'm a light hearted Guy It never comes across in text. I was just taking a stab. no trolling here. I just want to play this game but I am not paying for it after being promised the plus verison. They need to sort their shit out

what do you mean?
there is drift
go too fast into a corner tip the steering wheel in then press the handbrake button. longer for a wider angle then counter steer and play with the throttle. Keep the revs up and keep the tires spinning. Its actually pretty good.

with a ferrari? handbrake?
omg...

Just had a couple of hours last night. First Indian track didn't exactly wow me and I also had to get a feeling of the handling.

The Canadian track really opened up the game. The sense of speed is phenomenal and blasting across the bridge with rumble and fantastic sound effects really got me going.

Then came Scotland - oh wow! At times it just felt so real. It's an overcast track and when the sun suddenly breaks through it almost sends shivers down my spine. At times the lightning makes it hard to see what comes up ahead which intensified the game quite a bit and makes it feel pretty realistic. Night time can be scary at times. And I find the handling really tight and simply love how the cars react to asphalt, dirt etc.

Trying to get below 1:46:00 in the Scotland track proved to be quite a challenge for me. Luckily the game really nails the one-more-time feeling for me, so I finally managed. If you like a racer where you constantly need to perfect your corners, mind the road, bumps, dirt etc. this game really delivers. For me, at least.

Btw, screens don't do it justice - in motion I find it absolutely breathtaking at times. And without HUD it sometimes approaches photorealism. Scotland btw reminded me of the Jerry Bruckheimer intro logo.

jetsetrez

The visuals are very nice still, some gorgeous lighting and draw distances, the IQ just looks really poor on some things on closer inspection, like the aliasing and ground textures, especially during the slow fly-over pans at the track intros. I'm surprised they would let the camera focus on that stuff so bluntly.

The driving model definitely feels good. The tour looks pretty short though. Are you guys doing cockpit view? I can't seem to get a good feel for cockpit, have to pull it back.

So they delayed the game for almost a year, officially the improve the social aspects of the game and the social interface, only to launch the game with sever problems so most gamers can't even use these features.
What a fuck up.
How can something like this happen?

I'm usually pretty forgiving on that front but this is just unacceptable.

The visuals are very nice still, some gorgeous lighting and draw distances, the IQ just looks really poor on some things on closer inspection, like the aliasing and ground textures, especially during the slow fly-over pans at the track intros. I'm surprised they would let the camera focus on that stuff so bluntly.

The driving model definitely feels good. The tour looks pretty short though. Are you guys doing cockpit view? I can't seem to get a good feel for cockpit, have to pull it back.
I think dash view is better than cockpit. Cockpit views are always weird to me. I don't stare at the wheel when I drive in real life, my vision is focused out the windshield. So I like it when the camera pulls up from the wheel and forward like in the dash can.

Klart

“In case you don’t already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits,” explained Evolution in a Facebook post. “They won’t accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).”

“When you finish and disconnect, you’ll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that’s how it’s working right now. ”

What? Undercapacity is the problem? How is this even possible when they exclude MILLIONS of Plus users !!!?!!!

This is very amateuristic.

It's the facebook post from 7 hours ago, but here you go

"We're just as frustrated as you about the server performance issues right now. We want you to be racing with clubs and having fun playing challenges, not checking facebook updates from us to see if the servers are updated yet.

We'll have more info for you later today (Thursday) so please bear with us while we work through this.

In case you don't already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits, so they won't accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

If and when you get online, you should not have any connectivity issues during the remainder of your session. When you finish and disconnect, you'll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that's how it's working right now.

The whole team here at Evolution Studios have got their shoulders to the wheel working hard to improve this situation: developing updates and upgrades to the servers - and testing these updates around the clock so that we can get them live. We hope you can enjoy the game offline while we work to improve the server performance and get you connected - and we're sorry that you're having to wait to play the game online as we intended for it to be played."

Wait what? it's not even queuing? Also lol at the permaconnection, so some AFK fucker could be sitting there taking up my slot on the server. This is some super terrible bullshit, I don't even understand how you can fail at servers this badly. I don't understand at all. Like did they not have preorder numbers? Is the server like some devs old laptop, how the hell can it be this terrible.

BatmanX

I'm asking for an opinion here.
I'm tempted to try buying a wheel after 15 years (maybe thrustmaster t100 since the t80 the official one doesn't have force feedback)

you guys thinks that the experience would be better with it, right now I'm pretty satisfied with the handling so far its pretty fun driving

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
deny as much as you want, the game i a hell of a racer! Personaly i think its better then all arcade racers ive played the entire last gen.

Just had a couple of hours last night. First Indian track didn't exactly wow me and I also had to get a feeling of the handling.

The Canadian track really opened up the game. The sense of speed is phenomenal and blasting across the bridge with rumble and fantastic sound effects really got me going.

Then came Scotland - oh wow! At times it just felt so real. It's an overcast track and when the sun suddenly breaks through it almost sends shivers down my spine. At times the lightning makes it hard to see what comes up ahead which intensified the game quite a bit and makes it feel pretty realistic. Night time can be scary at times. And I find the handling really tight and simply love how the cars react to asphalt, dirt etc.

Trying to get below 1:46:00 in the Scotland track proved to be quite a challenge for me. Luckily the game really nails the one-more-time feeling for me, so I finally managed. If you like a racer where you constantly need to perfect your corners, mind the road, bumps, dirt etc. this game really delivers. For me, at least.

Btw, screens don't do it justice - in motion I find it absolutely breathtaking at times. And without HUD it sometimes approaches photorealism. Scotland btw reminded me of the Jerry Bruckheimer intro logo.

wait till you get to norway!

“In case you don’t already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits,” explained Evolution in a Facebook post. “They won’t accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

Except it doesn't work. You get booted tha f out couple of mins after. Just give me leaderboard times, challenges in SP tour fully functional and I'm good..zero $&@% on MP at the moment.

It's been day 3 of not playing Driveclub, I wish I had bought anything else with my money at this point. This server situation is ludicrous. I know I'll never return to play it again if I finish the tour before the servers come up but I bought it digitally which was a huge mistake, so I kind of want to get my money out of it.

p3tran

Banned
Probably, but I would like to know those references then.
ok
Xbox fans who come into driveclub threads know how real engines sound on all manner of supercars because of how good horizon is? Am I doing that right?

I guess no, but for sure you tell me:

audi r8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHe4pvYnHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIY6cieayJc

ferrari 458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16l7f6Nqzcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrNBus1yssk

Fenzer

There's nothing like what they told. I was connected to the severs this morning and was disconnected in the 10 next minutes.

So no, once you're connected you can be disconnected very quickly...

It's been day 3 of not playing Driveclub, I wish I had bought anything else with my money at this point. This server situation is ludicrous. I know I'll never return to play it again if I finish the tour before the servers come up but I bought it digitally which was a huge mistake, so I kind of want to get my money out of it.

Call Sony about getting a refund. I did it earlier today, they tried to give me the line that they're aware of it and engineers are working on it. But I just kept insisting that I wasn't interested in their "fix it in post" mentality. When I buy a product, I expect it to work as advertised - Day Fucking One! 3 phone calls and a supervisor later, I'm getting a refund.

red731

So I can't wait to play the game again, what about you guys?
Can someone make a Driveclub to ### comparison thread to keep this thread clean?

Ok just bought this as was too impatient to wait for the PS+ version, I'm getting no music while playing the game, do I have to wait for the game to fully download for this or is there an option I'm missing?

red731

Ok just bought this as was too impatient to wait for the PS+ version, I'm getting no music while playing the game, do I have to wait for the game to fully download for this or is there an option I'm missing?

Check the options? Music is at 0% by default - or it is still downloading. Hover over at game in PS4 dash and click options - info.

Wow this thread went downhill fast. Hope OT2 does better.

It'll pick up again when the UK crew finally get to play. It's overwhelmingly positive though, even some doubters have been swayed when they've finally played the game.

OT: The review thread continues to be awful though, regret going in there everytime I do. It will be interesting to see how the Sunset Overdrive review thread fares. No matter how well it does, it's going to be gloves-off, with criticism up the wazoo, and I expect a lot of that is going to be reverse-schadenfreude and poster revenge wars.

Nyx

Music is default off, go to the settings.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm a bit concerned about playing the tour if the servers are still down tomorrow when it comes out in the UK. In that a lot of the replayability might come from seeing scores to beat, and sections in races. If that is missing will it impact the stickiness of the game?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm a bit concerned about playing the tour if the servers are still down tomorrow when it comes out in the UK. In that a lot of the replayability might come from seeing scores to beat, and sections in races. If that is missing will it impact the stickiness of the game?

By the time you get bored by that I would imagine the servers are up and running, tbh.

If you're rubbish like me, beating the default game challenges will be enough for a few more days/weeks/months... years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom