• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Nice clean driving in the esses :)

How can you guys drive outside view WITH labels on for you and the other drivers ? Does'nt it takes away too much visibility ?

These are from the replay mode, I drive in bumper cam view so can't see shit most of the time I'm close to the car in front! Nametags are the least of my worries :)

Ainsz

I'd like to share a montage I've made that I've had lying around on my hard drive for over a month. It was meant to be part of some thing bigger I was making to mark a year of Driveclub but my voice recording device and voice in general doesn't make for good listening material. So I scrapped that for now.

Anyway, since I had this part finished, I thought I should at least upload it. It's a round up of some of my highlights from a year of multiplayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcLoCdQTdnw&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy it!

I'd like to share a montage I've made that I've had lying around on my hard drive for over a month. It was meant to be part of some thing bigger I was making to mark a year of Driveclub but my voice recording device and voice in general doesn't make for good listening material. So I scrapped that for now.

Anyway, since I had this part finished, I thought I should at least upload it. It's a round up of some of my highlights from a year of multiplayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcLoCdQTdnw&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy it!

Nice work! I really like the bit in the middle, with the camera on the wheel and how it transitions between different cars, very cool!

nib95

Banned

Hope you enjoy it!

Great work dude. Very good selection and diversity of shots, with some decent editing. Love the wipeouts and crashes, along with the little side wheel montage, and switch ups. Only thing I'd have liked more of is a greater number of slick overtaking snippets.

Thanks so much, was fun to make! Yeah some more overtaking would have been nice to see aha.

Brilliant vid bud, I like the front wheel focused section too, very well done :)

I spent half an hour just now on that challenge to improve my time by 2 tenths, which has lifted me from 9th to 4th - annoyingly I lost 2 tenths on that first corner from my previous best time but I can't seem to reproduce that speed for the life of me!

farmerboy

Great work dude. Very good selection and diversity of shots, with some decent editing. Love the wipeouts and crashes, along with the little side wheel montage, and switch ups. Only thing I'd have liked more of is a greater number of slick overtaking snippets.

He would, but Ainsz has never made any "slick overtaking" attempts. They're all brutal and forceful.

Great vid Ainsz

NJShadow

Quick run of mine from early this morning. Since this was my first time on this particular track with the bike, the first lap was a little rough, but the second lap was significantly better. My next replay video should be much better as well, as I let the computer run with the camera angles. I'll be sure to modify next time, because I know there was way too much time spent on the front rider view, as well as the back view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-_2KveH0Q

And I'm not sure why, but I just love this little excerpt. Almost better than watching the full video. ;)

https://twitter.com/NJShadow/status/692398458712383488

Greenymac

Requesting peeps who use a wheel (or not) to post some cockpit view videos. Noob here who wants to learn from you guys. Im so terrible at the game, but enjoy every second.

Shaneus

These are from the replay mode, I drive in bumper cam view so can't see shit most of the time I'm close to the car in front! Nametags are the least of my worries :)
This is good to know. It's also shit, because it means that I have no excuses for not doing as well as you ;) (Bumper cm here too)

Just 8 Bikes to get to level 15 for my Bikes plat.

Really have been enjoying the bikes play. Though I find myself spending equal time in bikes and photo mode lately, making the grind to level 15 take even longer haha..

They look great in action!

NJShadow

Just 8 Bikes to get to level 15 for my Bikes plat.

Really have been enjoying the bikes play. Though I find myself spending equal time in bikes and photo mode lately, making the grind to level 15 take even longer haha..

They look great in action!

You always face that dilemma.. "I'm in first place, with the slightest of leads, and that corner looks pretty tight, but the camera angle I could get on that..." *UNPAUSES* *HITS WALL* *LEAD BLOWN*

I've actually been able to get right back on track after most of my shoots as of late though.

Ah, Rushy.... It's *nearly* February!

What's the chances of drip-feeding us all some more info about the next update? ^^

Was some good racing/laughs going down in chat tonight with ainsz, shannow, maki, vix and everyone while in a private lobby....."Prawn pizza? WFT?" :D

What's the chances of drip-feeding us all some more info about the next update? ^^

Was some good racing/laughs going down in chat tonight with ainsz, shannow, maki, vix and everyone while in a private lobby....."Prawn pizza? WFT?" :D

And as you can see from that frigging line up, I got owned all night! :-( It's a real chastening experience racing in a private lobby and finishing in the bottom 2 every race (apart from the bloody wombat race of all things!)

DD

You know what I would like in this game? A championship creator (I know that that wouldn't be interesting for Evo, cuz' they need to sell tours, but a wish is just a wish, right? Maybe on the final update, pehaps?) where you could set how many races you want, with optional free practices and qualifyings, so you can learn the track before taking the actual races, and longer races too, where you don't have to drive like an idiot to achieve what you have to, in order to get the stars. I try to be as clean as possible, but this game sometimes forces you to be reckles to get what you need, like puting you in 11th place in a two lap race, and ask you to get a podium finish, for example. With this in, this game would become perfect to me.

So I want to purchase the Bikes expansion. Before I do I was wondering if the Tours released after the expansion are free? Also, what are the chances of a Season Pass #2?

Shaneus

You know what I would like in this game? A championship creator (I know that that wouldn't be interesting for Evo, cuz' they need to sell tours, but a wish is just a wish, right? Maybe on the final update, pehaps?) where you could set how many races you want, with optional free practices and qualifyings, so you can learn the track before taking the actual races, and longer races too, where you don't have to drive like an idiot to achieve what you have to, in order to get the stars. I try to be as clean as possible, but this game sometimes forces you to be reckles to get what you need, like puting you in 11th place in a two lap race, and ask you to get a podium finish, for example. With this in, this game would become perfect to me.
Oh my GOD this would be awesome! Are you talking about MP or SP? I think even though it'd be intended for MP, the ability to create and share custom championships/tours would be the shit. Maybe that's what the (hopefully still incoming) mobile app would be used for?

DD

Oh my GOD this would be awesome! Are you talking about MP or SP? I think even though it'd be intended for MP, the ability to create and share custom championships/tours would be the shit. Maybe that's what the (hopefully still incoming) mobile app would be used for?

I was thinking about SP (I usually don't play online), but why not both? ( ¬‿¬)

Sirenty

And as you can see from that frigging line up, I got owned all night! :-( It's a real chastening experience racing in a private lobby and finishing in the bottom 2 every race (apart from the bloody wombat race of all things!)

I keep trying to find you so I can pop my cherry with some MP but I think you're always getting off right as I get on, Maybe one day it'll line up.

I keep trying to find you so I can pop my cherry with some MP but I think you're always getting off right as I get on, Maybe one day it'll line up.

Yeah that'd be good bud, I'm usually on between 8.30 & 10.30 GMT but I'll be on later on nights when the missus has gone out.

Here's a vid from last night - when the host specifies an easy car to drive (so everyone has it) and a popular track you get incredibly close racing (not much of me in this vid, and AnythingBut, Makikou & Vaga were having connection probs at the time hence only 6 players).

https://youtu.be/MSHJBfpxGI8

This is good to know. It's also shit, because it means that I have no excuses for not doing as well as you ;) (Bumper cm here too)

Ah so you're another one who can't get out of GT mode! I've tried to switch to chase cam for the improved spacial awareness but I'm just not as quick with it for some reason :-(

Shaneus

Ah so you're another one who can't get out of GT mode! I've tried to switch to chase cam for the improved spacial awareness but I'm just not as quick with it for some reason :-(
It's not so much GT mode for me, I just find the cockpit cam has too little visibility and the dash cam has too narrow a FOV. If I could zoom the in-car in a bit I'd be happier, but bumper does me fine :)

Makikou

Shrimps. Not Prawns. xd

Pfft online multiplayer is too difficult haha. I ended last two times. Third time I was 7 seconds behind DHC-Shannow and thought enough is enough ;)
Is there anybody whose not lvl 85 with all gold and all levels haha..:'(

Pfft online multiplayer is too difficult haha. I ended last two times. Third time I was 7 seconds behind DHC-Shannow and thought enough is enough ;)
Is there anybody whose not lvl 85 with all gold and all levels haha..:'(

Yeah try some normal public servers and you'll do much better as the driving standard will be lower (both in speed and etiquette) - like you say, everyone on that server last night was around the 200 million fame mark so lots of experience in the game.

Makikou

Yeah try some normal public servers and you'll do much better as the driving standard will be lower (both in speed and etiquette) - like you say, everyone on that server last night was around the 200 million fame mark so lots of experience in the game.

I dont think i'm barely at 100 mate. ;)

Apparently 104,571,014 fame right now :p

Yeah i'm gonna do that but you guys kept inviting me haha ;)

Ainsz

I dont think i'm barely at 100 mate. ;)

Apparently 104,571,014 fame right now :p

Yeah it shows.. :)

Was another great sesh, we discussed what's wrong with foreign cuisines, seafood in general, had a close shave with catching herpes and some great racing.

Also, hell of a time on the challenge, Sirenty. I'm coming back for that! ;p

Sirenty

Also, hell of a time on the challenge, Sirenty. I'm coming back for that! ;p

Looking forward to it :)

That challenge is infuriating. I do great in the first two sectors and then hose the bridge every time. Either I nail the left corner coming in, or I'm too far to the right, or I over-brake and kill my drive for the last two corners. I've been up on my current time by .15 at the second sector split, so I'm leaving at least that on the table.

A few suggestions for improvements / expansions to driveclub popped up in the online sesh we had the other night so I thought I'd share the wisdom(!?!) on here to see what peeps think / likelyhood of them happening etc...

1. AnythingBut - Paid track editor app. If they made one would you buy it? How much would you be willing to pay? GPS version so you can drive a real life road and get it accurately mapped into the game?

2. Shannow - Block players. I believe some games allow you to block a player that you've had issue with so you never have to race against them again. The ability to block some of the worst online bashing cheaters or just render them ghosted would be great for those of us who like to race clean.

3. Ainsz - Why don't online time trials count towards the records? It's not like you can draft or get any kind of advantage and it'd be good to see where your laps rank in the world at the end.

4. IKizzLE - Not mentioned in this sesh but several times before, please can we have a lap time summary at the end of a race...

Anyone else got any to add?

Makikou

A few suggestions for improvements / expansions to driveclub popped up in the online sesh we had the other night so I thought I'd share the wisdom(!?!) on here to see what peeps think / likelyhood of them happening etc...

1. AnythingBut - Paid track editor app. If they made one would you buy it? How much would you be willing to pay? GPS version so you can drive a real life road and get it accurately mapped into the game?

2. Shannow - Block players. I believe some games allow you to block a player that you've had issue with so you never have to race against them again. The ability to block some of the worst online bashing cheaters or just render them ghosted would be great for those of us who like to race clean.

3. Ainsz - Why don't online time trials count towards the records? It's not like you can draft or get any kind of advantage and it'd be good to see where your laps rank in the world at the end.

4. IKizzLE - Not mentioned in this sesh but several times before, please can we have a lap time summary at the end of a race...

Spectator mode for online time trial. Why is this not a thing that if i am in the same session i cant look at the others driving?
Also needs to show fastest lap of race in the end of every MP race.

Sirenty

When doing a race challenge, being able to see the ghost or split times of the leader, and / or your ghost, not split times of AI. Every other challenge but races you have any idea of where you stand as you go. Races you have to finish to find out, which sucks for long races.

I've taken to marking the time myself at various points on a track and comparing it on subsequent runs.

Bouniter

I would make use of everything you have all mentioned.

A little thing I would really like is purple time indicators for fastest laps and sectors during races and time trials.

And a new drift scoring system...

Shaneus

The mobile app. I'd like that. Or at least, to know it's features so I know whether to look forward to it or not.

Also, a dynamic DC theme for my menus, please. They could get Truant Pixel (m0dus etc.) to do it!

NJShadow

Yikes, does no one play DC online anymore? Was looking for some bike multiplayer, and every single lobby was completely empty. Hm..

dreamstation

Gold Member

I'd like more emphasis to be put on clubs. At the moment they really don't do all that much aside from having access to club challenges which just feel like solo ones anyway. Would like to have challenges that require multiple people at the same time for example, or leading into my next suggestions:

- The ability to tackle solo or club challenges in private lobbies with other players (such as club mates). If this is not possible, at least let us select a challenge like we do solo, but in a session with 6 players. Doing so could load all players in the session into the same challenge, with real time tracking of best times, etc. Not really necessary to all be on the same track together, but having it all show up on the screen gives it a more social feel.

- Real time face offs/mini challenges in private lobbies. Kinda like the old footage they showed of challenges where the leaderboard and UI showed up on the track in game. I think there's even a screenshot of this on the back of the retail disc case. At the start of the race, the game could highlight a particular face off to complete during the race to everyone in the lobby. At the end of the race it displays the results and who was successful, etc.

- More customisation in private lobbies. Would love the ability to setup a 3 race championship for example, or have a 5-10 minute practice session prior to the race. Maybe even a qualifying round? Lastly, it would be great to have voting after each race, where the game selects random tracks/time/car class combinations and the players in the lobby can choose one or the other. This allows the racing to continue more quickly, and the players get a chance to choose a race rather than the host selecting everything. Also, it would be good to be able to specify 'lightweight' cars only, or even specific manufacturers within a car class.

- The ability to select any friend's ghost to race against on any particular track in single event or challenges (if applicable). I love racing against my friend's ghosts but how it is currently it only loads the next fastest friend or not at all if I've already surpassed them.

- This one is probably never going to happen but I'll mention it anyway. For anyone who has played Trials Fusion, you will know that you can select and view absolutely anyone's replay of their best time from the leaderboards. It would be absolutely awesome if this was possible here but the extra load on the servers would be crazy. It works really well in Trials though.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the game but I feel the social/club/multiplayer aspect of the game could be a lot better. A lot of these suggestions are probably not possible with how the game is set out but if there's ever a Driveclub 2, I hope they expand on the social aspect a lot and utilise some of these suggestions that I and others are giving.

Club challenges should be for at the least 3 members with a average taken from the total, one person really shouldn't be able to do a club challenge....not really a "club" challenge if one person can do it for everyone.

Like the 3 highest scores/lowest times from a club should be added together and divided out to get a proper club total.

I forgot about this afterwards but Ainsz and I got hit by the mysterious corner penalty bug on the private server sesh we had the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1fgPX1timE

Check out the vid from the 2:10 mark and see Ainsz get ghosted whilst never leaving the track and I seem to be a bit harshly punished too.

Some great suggestions for improvements here, I like the proper team challenges and being able to load up a challenge into a private server sesh :)

jp_footy

Neo Member
For me the worst is when you get rammed and get a shortcut penalty for it. I hope this can be sorted out in a future update.

Sirenty

- This one is probably never going to happen but I'll mention it anyway. For anyone who has played Trials Fusion, you will know that you can select and view absolutely anyone's replay of their best time from the leaderboards. It would be absolutely awesome if this was possible here but the extra load on the servers would be crazy. It works really well in Trials though.

I agree, I've wished for that too. Also, Trials shows the controller inputs the user was making during the run. I think that would do a lot in helping someone learn how faster people take tracks.

Just a reminder for you weekend warriors, the challenge runs until Sunday night around 7pm(ish) - there's 24 peeps set a time so far but 34 registered in the competition so it's worth setting a time even if it's not your bag as that'll get you 3-4000 points and you may gain a place or two...

So far it's been a scrap between Vaga, Ainsz and Sirenty, with Sirenty currently holding the top spot by a tenth. Great to see it so fiercely competed and hopefully we'll have good battle on the run in like we did on the drift event :)

Nuzzle

Just a reminder for you weekend warriors, the challenge runs until Sunday night around 7pm(ish) - there's 24 peeps set a time so far but 34 registered in the competition so it's worth setting a time even if it's not your bag as that'll get you 3-4000 points and you may gain a place or two...

So far it's been a scrap between Vaga, Ainsz and Sirenty, with Sirenty currently holding the top spot by a tenth. Great to see it so fiercely competed and hopefully we'll have good battle on the run in like we did on the drift event :)

I'm in. Psn: bathoney

Sequiel

Banned
Anybody else think Adaptation is too strong in Driveclub?

Specially in interior views, it changes from "everything is too bright" to "I can't see shit" constantly.

Top Bottom