• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Looks like I'll be spending this week unlocking the KTM for the challenge.

Thanks Shannow and well done everyone who took part in the drift challenge, some great scores. SigSwat and I had a tough battle this week with us both leading a fair bit, well done buddy, 3 points though, phew!

I don't have this bike unlocked and in all honesty I really don't enjoy the bikes at all so I will see how much I need to play to unlock it, it's not likely if it requires a great deal of work.

Yeah sorry about that, I think I've dropped a bit of a bollock on this. I used the KTM as it's available to everyone but didn't think that many peeps wouldn't have unlocked it :-(

Auctopus

Yeah sorry about that, I think I've dropped a bit of a bollock on this. I used the KTM as it's available to everyone but didn't think that many peeps wouldn't have unlocked it :-(

Don't sweat it, I haven't been playing a lot as of late so I probably would've unlocked it if I had been. I'm still getting practice in on the track, it's just gonna take a lot of laps. I'm on Level 4 of KTM ownership.

Karu

Don't sweat it, I haven't been playing a lot as of late so I probably would've unlocked it if I had been. I'm still getting practice in on the track, it's just gonna take a lot of laps. I'm on Level 4 of KTM ownership.
I'm on Level 5, 8km to Level 6, though. Will see, heh.

Finally beat the Semi Pro-Trophy withthe RUF RGT8.

Two Stars left. Venom Hot Lap - got it down to 1:16:600, but more importantly the Time Trial Star on the first course of the Norwegian Lightweight Series. After several tries and so on I am still SEVEN seconds behind the last star requirement - 1:23:00. So weird. Have to watch some tutorials I guess, but that seems crazy to catch up to. I must fuck up several corners, dunno.

Edit: Okay, 2 seconds, I mistaken soemthing. That's doable *phew*.

Makikou

I'm on Level 5, 8km to Level 6, though. Will see, heh.

Finally beat the Semi Pro-Trophy withthe RUF RGT8.

Two Stars left. Venom Hot Lap - got it down to 1:16:600, but more importantly the Time Trial Star on the first course of the Norwegian Lightweight Series. After several tries and so on I am still SEVEN seconds behind the last star requirement - 1:23:00. So weird. Have to watch some tutorials I guess, but that seems crazy to catch up to. I must fuck up several corners, dunno.

Edit: Okay, 2 seconds, I mistaken soemthing. That's doable *phew*.

So i got bored and made a video of clearing the lap time with all the cars you can use for that event.

Quick & Dirty laptime leaderboard for what i could muster with a single try in 4 laps. Laps are definetly NOT error free. Lots of time to be gained by just keeping it clean.

KTM X-Bow: 1:21.913
BAC Mono: 1:19.725
VUHL 05: 1:19.539
Caterham SP/300.R: 1:19.065
Ariel Atom 500 V8: 1:18.739

Karu

So i got bored and made a video of clearing the lap time with all the cars you can use for that event.

Quick & Dirty laptime leaderboard for what i could muster with a single try in 4 laps. Laps are definetly NOT error free. Lots of time to be gained by just keeping it clean.

KTM X-Bow: 1:21.913
BAC Mono: 1:19.725
VUHL 05: 1:19.539
Caterham SP/300.R: 1:19.065
Ariel Atom 500 V8: 1:18.739
Wow, thanks =) Sometimes it's good to just get a sense at where my speed has to be at certain points of the course. Did it with the Caterham, 1:22:200 - Good enough for me. On to the last Star.

Been trying to do the back to black bandipur time trial for like 2 days now.

It's very difficult to win when the other car ; that's meant to be the same spec as yours ; appears to have quicker acceleration.

From the start of the match it flies on ahead so immediately from the start it's unfair. Bit annoying but just gonna have to skip the 1 star.

Makikou

Been trying to do the back to black time trial for like 2 days now.

It's very difficult to win when the other car ; that's meant to be the same spec as yours ; appears to have quicker acceleration.

From the start of the match it flies on ahead so immediately from the start it's unfair. Bit annoying but just gonna have to skip the 1 star.

It does not have quicker acceleration, the ghost has been recorded from a "flying lap". That means the ghost has basically already done 1 lap and so it has the speed carried all the way from the last corner of the track. Granted it is still possible to beat the time from a standing start ;)

It does not have quicker acceleration, the ghost has been recorded from a "flying lap". That means the ghost has basically already done 1 lap and so it has the speed carried all the way from the last corner of the track. Granted it is still possible to beat the time from a standing start ;)
Ha. My car is already driving when the race starts so why not have it start at the proper speed.

Makikou

Ha. My car is already driving when the race starts so why not have it start at the proper speed.

It wouldn't be very fun for those who do time trial for serious to have to restart the event everytime if the "standing start" was unrealistically faster than what you would have coming to a flying lap.

Been trying to do the back to black bandipur time trial for like 2 days now.

Yep it's as Maki says - I find the best way to tackle circuit based time trials is just keep putting the laps in rather than restarting as you get a quicker start and more practice on the later corners.

Thanks Shannow and well done everyone who took part in the drift challenge, some great scores. SigSwat and I had a tough battle this week with us both leading a fair bit, well done buddy, 3 points though, phew!

I don't have this bike unlocked and in all honesty I really don't enjoy the bikes at all so I will see how much I need to play to unlock it, it's not likely if it requires a great deal of work.

Yeah, it was very close right untill the end. Congrats my friend.

Yay beat the time trial though weirdly enough Inactually went into the last corner too fast, lost control, skidded round it and managed to stay in front.

Any time I actually used my brakes and slowly went round that corner, the AI ghost just drove round at 100mph without even drifting so I fluked it on the go where I actually played wrecklessly lol. So glad that's over. Really enjoy the racing but those ghosts absolutely bore the pants off me.

Love the Nissan GTR Nismo and the Ferrari 458 Speciale. Especially on the reversed Japanese track Kobago hills (has a lovely downhill, bendy zigzag section).

Makikou

Sometimes the playerbase of this game online makes me want to kill people over the internet.

For. Fucks. Sake.

It's funny how in the space of approx 2 hours you can meet the best part of the online community and then the worst part.

Sometimes the playerbase of this game online makes me want to kill people over the internet.

For. Fucks. Sake.

It's funny how in the space of approx 2 hours you can meet the best part of the online community and then the worst part.

We had some good races tonight bud, I was thinking that as soon as we got 5 peeps in the sesh then we should create a private lobby and just invite any contacts in - of course then you wouldn't have had that race against the Russian guy but you wouldn't have met the knobhead either....

dreamstation

Gold Member
Hope this is of some use.

Thanks for the tips mate. Definitely helped me improve my time but still well off the pace. I think I just need more practice with the bikes, learning how/when to start leaning it over, when to get onto the gas coming out of a turn, etc. I find them to be much less forgiving than the cars, but it's probably more the lack of understanding and lack of time spent on the bikes than anything.

For. Fucks. Sake.

Ah, so you didn't stomp on your router and stick the PS4 in a blender?

But agree totally, it can go from one extreme to the other within a race!

Shall have to make more regular use of private lobbies.

farmerboy

For. Fucks. Sake.

Would you feel better if I gave you a cuddle?

There, there sweet little maki. It'll be ok.

xrnzaaas

I've checked what's going on with the weekly challenge and that first time is impossible... some people are really really good at this game. :D

Thanks for the tips mate. Definitely helped me improve my time but still well off the pace. I think I just need more practice with the bikes, learning how/when to start leaning it over, when to get onto the gas coming out of a turn, etc. I find them to be much less forgiving than the cars, but it's probably more the lack of understanding and lack of time spent on the bikes than anything.

No probs bud, glad it helped :)

I've checked what's going on with the weekly challenge and that first time is impossible... some people are really really good at this game. :D

I've gone through the tour twice and done a lot of the Sprint events working towards getting the bike platinum... Then Ainsz who doesn't even like the bikes frigging beats me by half a second! :-(

T_Exige

I've gone through the tour twice and done a lot of the Sprint events working towards getting the bike platinum... Then Ainsz who doesn't even like the bikes frigging beats me by half a second! :-(

The sprint event reminds me why I like the cars in Driveclub. I haven't used the bikes since completing the Buell tour.
The best time I could get was 12th with 37:631 I am sure I can get another 0.300 down, but not more than that.

kie25

Ok guys tried the new hardcore mode and I'm very impressed, they are correct to call it hardcore, this is allot slower. They haven't simply turned off assist, there is now less cornering grip, less braking power, grip has actually been reduced in a big way, my lap last night on AHR 1 was about 10 seconds off my current best in the same car, although I was using a different wheel to what I use at home.I'd say the difference will be about 5-8 seconds once you learn the new brake points and lower grip. In my opinion it makes everything more realistic hot hatches torque steer in heavy rain, braking in the wet can be extremely tricky, was racing kinloch in a 458 special in heavy rain and braking into the 1st bend was ultra hard, it will need re learning as all your old brake markers are far to late, now it all feel more realistic, even the replays look more realistic as the cars are visually slower through the bends. The cars also felt much more alive, you could feel the power now, the Evantra in heavy rain was suicide.It's like a whole new game, I thought it would basically be like grid with no assist but this is now closer to your GT type handling It's easily more simulation than arcade in this new mode. And credit to evo for the change they could easily just took TC off left grip the same etc, but evo did it properly and now Driveclub offers arcade and sim fans a game worth playing.

Ok guys tried the new hardcore mode and I'm very impressed, they are correct to call it hardcore, this is allot slower. They haven't simply turned off assist, there is now less cornering grip, less braking power, grip has actually been reduced in a big way, my lap last night on AHR 1 was about 10 seconds off my current best in the same car, although I was using a different wheel to what I use at home.I'd say the difference will be about 5-8 seconds once you learn the new brake points and lower grip. In my opinion it makes everything more realistic hot hatches torque steer in heavy rain, braking in the wet can be extremely tricky, was racing kinloch in a 458 special in heavy rain and braking into the 1st bend was ultra hard, it will need re learning as all your old brake markers are far to late, now it all feel more realistic, even the replays look more realistic as the cars are visually slower through the bends. The cars also felt much more alive, you could feel the power now, the Evantra in heavy rain was suicide.It's like a whole new game, I thought it would basically be like grid with no assist but this is now closer to your GT type handling It's easily more simulation than arcade in this new mode. And credit to evo for the change they could easily just took TC off left grip the same etc, but evo did it properly and now Driveclub offers arcade and sim fans a game worth playing.

Sounds great bud (but scary too!) Did you learn any more about when you can use it (online servers? Specified on challenges?) and when it would be released? Got to ask even tho you prolly can't say but did you see anything else you can talk about (Driveclub VR? New tracks?)

nib95

Banned

Ok, this sounds incredible. After so many updates which have seemingly made the game more accessible and casual friendly, finally one that pushes towards the hardcore! So is this update dropping in February?

Makikou

Yes, the fact Rushy teased it means it's coming in the February update.

Man, i am sort of interested but then i am like.. not feeling to go through the pain to find my T300RS box, take the never used plastic pedals out and swap them with my Fanatec's.. + i'd have to move the console temporarily..

For me this is not doing much right now but let's see when it comes out..

Can't wait for this. It was one of the few updates I was really hoping would come to the game (alongside rally). Been playing Project Cars quite a bit recently and reminded me of how much I missed sim like experiences, pretty much perfect timing. Can't wait to see what can be done with the TwinRun, a tight turning circle without traction control could be fantastic.

5taquitos

hnnnnnnnnngg

Thanks for the report, I can't wait to fail even worse than before!

-Amon-

but this is now closer to your GT type handling It's easily more simulation than arcade in this new mode.

I like this part. I used to have fun with gt5 / gt6 driving with the pad when i did not have time to set up the wheel. Hope it will be the same with Driveclub.

I'd like to see this hardcore mode to bikes too :)

Does the ai difficult scale when driving in hardcore mode ?

Ainsz

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! Excited to see how it will be implemented, and how it feels obviously. Did you get to try it with a controller?

No probs bud, glad it helped :)

I'm keeping a close eye on that challenge's leaderboard, worried someone might beat it like I have to guard it so don't have to go through the turmoil of beating it again..

ZalXII

Does this mean many tour mode TT Events and other events with time requirements are literally impossible with Hardcore mode on? The two Venom Hot Laps are downright impossible, not even the best drivers have a 5s gap to the target time of 1:16/1:20. I wonder if they introduce new stars too. Regardless of that, i'm really looking forward to this update.

kie25

As far as I know it's just something you can switch on, apparently the AI use the hardcore handling if you go on single event I think rushy said. Im sure they will add it into challenges eventually, for now I think it's just restricted to single player or private lobbies, although I did suggest having a public lobby with hardcore handling and reduced slipstream as a option. Hopefully that may come in few weeks after its launch not really sure.

With regards to other features can't comment on anything really, I'm sure I can comment on playing with different filters, which I saw some footage looks really good. especially as some filters I think look more realistic so graphics look even better in some filters. Saw a car but not able to comment on it, drove it but once evo mention it I'll let you know how it was ;)

kie25

Does this mean many tour mode TT Events and other events with time requirements are literally impossible with Hardcore mode on? The two Venom Hot Laps are downright impossible, not even the best drivers have a 5s gap to the target time of 1:16/1:20. I wonder if they introduce new stars too. Regardless of that, i'm really looking forward to this update.

I tried the venom wet lap 2 hahaha that's all I'll say not even close was fun though, cars with Downforce seem to cope better in Hardcore mode which is obvious really.

Tommi84

especially as some filters I think look more realistic so graphics look even better in some filters. )
phEKle5.gif

Good multiplayer session tonight with Ainsz, even if i did get called a faggot and a spoilt child.....my feelings are crushed! :D

.....And no, it wasn't Ainsz calling me it,lol

Shaneus

This is great. It's assuring to know that they never half-assed the driving model and below all the (current) in-built assists there's a seriously complex handling system.

DD

Me reading this post:

WZLBYKF.gif

krioto

I'm really looking forward to the filters and the no assists mode - will be good to try out, but not sure if I'll stick with it, as I really love DC for its balls to the wall arcade racing/time trials

dreamstation

Gold Member
I'm interested in trying out the hardcore mode for myself, but sometimes I find it hard enough to keep the cars with their current settings on the track let alone making it that much more difficult. I'm here to have fun, not tear my hair out (which already happens in challenges.. :D) so not really sure it will be for me. Time will tell!

Duallusion

Hopefully Hardcore Mode will be doable (i.e. I can be competitive) using R1 for gas because I'd rather not have to buy a new DS4. :/

Some sort of dead zone setting for R2 would be great, Rushy. ;)

kie25

Hopefully Hardcore Mode will be doable (i.e. I can be competitive) using R1 for gas because I'd rather not have to buy a new DS4. :/

Some sort of dead zone setting for R2 would be great, Rushy. ;)

In the dry you should be ok, in wet not so sure with R1, however you could just keep tapping it as that method will probably work with R1, the cars are bit more lively in dry but not uncontrollable, the main area which needs adjusting to is the braking, you can't lock up but the distances are a considerable distance change. Also cornering grip certain bends just can't be taken flat anymore, a little lift is needed, I can't wait to try other cars see how they feel, tried the one:1 for example on Oliver's the flat out straight with the chicanes is not flat in the one:1 now massive lift is needed or your crashing.

Ainsz

Good multiplayer session tonight with Ainsz, even if i did get called a faggot and a spoilt child.....my feelings are crushed! :D

.....And no, it wasn't Ainsz calling me it,lol

Yeah we had some good races but the track can be a hostile place at times. Hope you're pulling through Anything. :)

Duallusion

In the dry you should be ok, in wet not so sure with R1, however you could just keep tapping it as that method will probably work with R1, the cars are bit more lively in dry but not uncontrollable, the main area which needs adjusting to is the braking, you can't lock up but the distances are a considerable distance change. Also cornering grip certain bends just can't be taken flat anymore, a little lift is needed, I can't wait to try other cars see how they feel, tried the one:1 for example on Oliver's the flat out straight with the chicanes is not flat in the one:1 now massive lift is needed or your crashing.

Yeah, I'm worried about wet conditions the most. Thanks for the feedback!

Ainsz

Nice clean driving in the esses :)

How can you guys drive outside view WITH labels on for you and the other drivers ? Does'nt it takes away too much visibility ?

It's a good point, it never bothered me having the name tags above the cars at first. But since I turned the option off for a video I was making, I got used to having them not there after forgetting to turn it back on and kinda prefer it now. It's a bit harder to figure out which player is which sometimes though.

-Amon-

It's a good point, it never bothered me having the name tags above the cars at first. But since I turned the option off for a video I was making, I got used to having them not there after forgetting to turn it back on and kinda prefer it now. It's a bit harder to figure out which player is which sometimes though.

Well, if you always drive from outside view, i'd turn off labels for my car at least.

Top Bottom