• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

bombshell

Weren't they showing weather in videos months before the game came out? I assumed that those were regular tracks in those videos but I guess not.

I bought the game around release but shelved it after a week or so waiting for replays and weather.

Yes, you can setup rain or snow on any track in single race.

But in tour events it will only be included in upcoming DLC. Otherwise they would have to reset the leaderboards for the existing tour events in the main game.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Holy shit! Was just playing this today on single race (for first time) just choosing any track + Pagani and having a blast. Leaving the PS4 on stand by lol.

Handy Fake

Well.

The snow gathered on the windscreen and side window.
Then when they went into the tunnel, it melted into water and trailed off.

Nice.

Dinjooh

Well.

Nice.

iFABThH.png

vesvci

Banned
Hell yea! I've been waiting patiently for the weather patch. This week will be a Plants vs Zombies (thanks Sony/EA!) and DC week for me.

I also have my free copy of FH2 arriving tomorrow (thanks MS!), but it will have to wait a bit. Excellent time to be a gamer.

Yes, you can setup rain or snow on any track in single race.

But in tour events it will only be included in upcoming DLC. Otherwise they would have to reset the leaderboards for the existing tour events in the main game.

Oh, that makes sense. Glad to hear you can set it up on any track.

v1lla21

Niiiice!I've been having fun destroying challenges sent my way. Mostly drifting , but yeah, I can't wait for the weather patch. Photomode will be amazing!!!

Conduit

Banned
Well.

Nice.

Not only that! Did you noticed ( or somebody ) how droplets on windshield change the direction when you turn left or right???

znmgbl.gif

drotahorror

I wonder if there will be a separate weather tour or if weather will be added to existing events? Or if for the time being, I can only play weather on custom tracks?

Merun

I wonder if there will be a separate weather tour or if weather will be added to existing events? Or if for the time being, I can only play weather on custom tracks?

I would guess the last solution. For instance last patch, we could try the new track in custom race, and only later were they featured in the DLC's events. None of the current event are made with consideration with rain or snow.

MidBoss

At this point I kinda expect them to just give the whole game away free for PS+ and just hope to sell those people cars and stuff. I'm not one to complain but people will probably expect some kind of compensation. It's nice that they get weather straight away though.

fritzo

so for me I want to play DC, but cant decide if I should wait for a good sale price or keep waiting for the eventual release of the PS+ edition. decisions.

mike4001_

Expect PS+ edition to be the entire game minus DLC around June 2015.

Also expect a staged rollout, one territory every month to avoid crashing servers completely....

They are not releasing it because they simply know they couldn´t handle all the new players.

le-seb

Rain on the third person camera? Fuck that.
Glad I'm playing in cockpit view, but I really do hope there's an option to disable that for those who don't.

Rain doesn't just affect your handling but your visibility. It's part of the game design, so it's only fair to have the droplet on the third person camera.
You are already affected by lower visibility without the stupid droplets-all-over-your-telly effect, so I disagree.
There must be an option to disable this for people who can't bear it (and I know I don't, already expressed this in Project Cars threads.)

Merun

Wut! The handling is superb. Go play The Crew... :p What actually is your problem with the handling? I'm curious.

He said to go read the giantbomb review which says "grippy" feel. So yes, it's getting fixed with rain.

Rain on the third person camera? Fuck that.

Rain doesn't just affect your handling but your visibility. It's part of the game design, so it's only fair to have the droplet on the third person camera.

herod

Wut! The handling is superb. Go play The Crew... :p What actually is your problem with the handling? I'm curious.
The grip and lateness of braking is illogical. I've spent too much time in GT for it to make sense to me, I'm braking too early for every corner and getting shunted by the AI on a regular basis. I can't / won't untrain myself. I want it to be PGR2 but it just isn't. The further you progress, the less sense it makes.

JP

I know there's been a lot of issue and people are right to complain about that but there seems to be an increasing movement saying it's the best feeling if driving for ages and all I can do is agree wit hit. For me there's something about it that reminds of driving of a few years ago that are now referred to as "classics" by people. I have friends who hate the game because of the issues but they've never actually tried it then they have a go on mine and they're almost universally blown away by the game.

I've been going on about it for what seems like ages but this weather add-on to me is really important, from what I've read and seen of it they seem to have got the measure of weather but obviously what it does to your car is what's important so I hope the handling is spot on too.

I so rarely see realtime weather in driving games done correctly so I can't wait to give this a go tomorrow.

The grip and lateness of braking is illogical. I've spent too much time in GT for it to make sense to me, I'm braking too early for every corner and getting shunted by the AI on a regular basis. I can't / won't untrain myself. I want it to be PGR2 but it just isn't. The further you progress, the less sense it makes.
Disagree and this is not a full Sim like gt, handling seems fine with my thrust master. It's not broken you just do t like it lol. It's fine.

Merun

Games aren't supposed to adapt to you, nor was it advertised as PGR2. As for me, the more I progressed, the more sense it made to me. I guess we have different experience. I can understand your problem but at this point it's really either you adapt or you get another game which has a handling more to your liking.

Top Bottom