• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

When people complain of handling. Do they not realize this is EVOLUTIONS way of saying this is how we want this car to handle in our simulation arcade driving model. So are you basing your handling argument based on the real world handling of the vehicle? or some other games handling of the vehicle? To be so definitive about somethings as handling model and not consult the maker of the game about how they want a particular vehicle to handle is a little presumptuous.

I'm waiting for a sale on this game before I get it. It's just because I'm a little limited on funds at the moment.

For those of you waiting for the PS+ version, have you checked to see of Redbox has it? Or maybe use a free trial of Gamefly and rent it? Redbox is how I able to finally experience DC. :)

I thought PGR was an arcade racer? what?

I thought the sims were shit like Gran Turismo and Forza.

plz-stop-post.jpg

Wow just checked the footage. Looks fucking amaaaaaaaaazing.

Even love if you have the car view (which I don't) and you still get an effect (a brilliant one at that too).

Bring this on baby!

When people complain of handling. Do they not realize this is EVOLUTIONS way of saying this is how we want this car to handle in our simulation arcade driving model. So are you basing your handling argument based on the real world handling of the vehicle? or some other games handling of the vehicle? To be so definitive about somethings as handling model and not consult the maker of the game about how they want a particular vehicle to handle is a little presumptuous.

Yeah, it looks like a lot of people's dislike of Driveclub is basically, "it's not what I'm used to and I don't want to learn it."

How is it more Sim than PGR? They are both arcade racers?

I thought the sims were shit like Gran Turismo and Forza.
It takes elements of sim but makes it accessible to everybody.

This means you need to drop options. So there's no tuning - leave that to sim. But at the same time it'd be a bit harsh to label it an arcade game since you can't succeed by playing it how you would a full on arcade racer, but you can have moderate playability whereas you'd fall flat on your face with a true sim if you tried doing that.

Hence, simcade.

This may be a stretch, but they maybe thought you were calling Forza and GT "shit".

how would I be calling Forza and GT shit?

I don't know what you are hoping to achieve with your comments.

when I think of Sim, I just think Forza GT design

I do see that arcade racers can have sim physics. But I still think of them as arcade racers unless they are designed like Forza or GT.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm getting this game as soon as the online is fixed!

You mean now? lol

Also come on why are we having this sim/arcade argument again, this happened in the other Driveclub thread too, and it's silly. GT is not Arcade, just like Driveclub is not Sim. Driveclub is classified Arcade because of how it handles your cars and no real tuning or customization as well as not having to buy the cars, you earn them as you level up, physics has nothing to do with it. Driveclubs physics may be closer to sim than most other arcade racers at the least, but that's not what makes it an arcade racer. There is no garage like most sims, you don't buy cars.

Also those who keep shitting on the game because of the fact that it had a horrible launch month, the game is actually good, so please.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Economies of scale. Battlefield 4 ring bells? They did (IMO) an amazing job given their team size and budget. Either way, I get that for the hard core gamers out their complaing about patching features post launch is frowned upon but you gotta hand it to them, they are making amazing progress lately.
Wait, what?

Nearly 2 months after release we should be giving them pats on the back for patching in features they used to advertise the game a year ago? Is the bar set that low?

farmerboy

Quick question, I've seen mentioned here that Evo did something to alter the handling. Must have missed this memo, what exactly was changed? At a guess I'm thinking collision physics, cos I'm finding that I'm not getting PIT manoeuvred anymore.

Anyway on topic, can't wait for weather, though I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle it. How the hell am I gonna handle a hyper car on a twisty track if its wet as well? In any case, it will be awesome fun.

Shit, bonnet cam + darkness + rain = zero hope

Famassu

The grip and lateness of braking is illogical. I've spent too much time in GT for it to make sense to me, I'm braking too early for every corner and getting shunted by the AI on a regular basis. I can't / won't untrain myself. I want it to be PGR2 but it just isn't. The further you progress, the less sense it makes.
Soo, basically, you suck at the game and blame the game for it. You expect it to be another game and when it's not, you are butthurt about it. Again, there's nothing wrong about the handling. If the controls felt unresponsive or all the cars handled the same or if it controlled like one of those mobile racers or as if the cars had no weight, you'd have an argument, but as it is you are just lazy and don't want to put in the effort to learn to drive in DriveClub.

Cudder

Kudos to Evolution for keeping their promise of a release of the weather patch before the Holidays! The video looks insane.

Famassu

Wait, what?

Nearly 2 months after release we should be giving them pats on the back for patching in features they used to advertise the game a year ago? Is the bar set that low?

They didn't advertise rain or snow a year ago. Stop making things up. They advertised their dynamic cloud system and how much it altered the lighting conditions & the mood of the race, but they only showed rain at, like, E3 this year and it was always made clear that it would arrive around two months from the game's release.

Hugstable

Banned
Kudos to Evolution for keeping their promise of a release of the weather patch before the Holidays! The video looks insane.

Honestly I'm surprised they got that out before the end of the year like they promised considering all the other unplanned issues they had come up with the game. Pretty damn excited though, I hope they dedicate a whole DLC Cup to just challenging weather races. Did they plan any Snow also? Imagine Norway with Weather :O

The droplets in 3rd person/chase view seemed a bit overdone, atleast in cockpit you have wipers. Clear view would be kinda "wrong" also but atm, it feels like 3rd person view is getting the short stick.

But oh boy, it looks so good.

kitch9

Banned
Wait, what?

Maybe it's time to stop crying like whiny 3 year olds and accept it for what it is.

A mistake was made which has now been rectified and we got free stuff by way of an apology.

Let's grow up and get over it, because at the end of the day what we have today is a damn fine game which is about to get a little better tomorrow.

spwolf

Wait, what?

weather was never supposed to be launch feature, lets stop the nonsense...

We can criticize DC for launch online issues, but definitely not for weather or photo mode, features that were added much later in development (after the delay) and never advertised as launch features.

So all these post-launch DLC's that added features are definitely a big plus for DC and not something that regularly happens in gaming world.

Top Bottom