• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

Handy Fake

Didn't seem to bother them by keeping water constantly on the camera from any external view which obstructs your view. At least internally they have wipers that would wipe it away and wouldn't be that different from heavy rain.

I'm glad that it's so realistic that people are moaning about this. It pleases me.

Raist

Banned
Didn't seem to bother them by keeping water constantly on the camera from any external view which obstructs your view. At least internally they have wipers that would wipe it away and wouldn't be that different from heavy rain.

That's precisely the point. By putting drops on the windshield and cameras, it's balanced for everyone. Water spraying on the windshield from cars running in front of you wouldn't be fair, unless it happened to the camera in other views. Which would be pretty silly.

Ranger X

Why do you guys insist those drops in every view are fair and that they are there to balance the views anyways?

It doesn't make any sense, the view are unequal already just because of the field of views, you can't "balance the views", they never will be. Therefore those raindrop aren't designed to balance anything. Its just effects that they could do so they did. That's all.

And they thought we wouldn't complain but personally I think its annoying. Any third person view belongs to the player's world and not the game's realm, there's no drop of water that should be seen there since I am not impersonating a camera within a game. It doesn't make sense and never will. Cockpit view is all good because there's a windshield before me.

DavidDesu

I quite like the rain drops in the other views. Don't disagree that an option to turn it off would be nice for some people. Would be nice if there was some spray from other cars too. My main gripe is the game automatically decides what speed to set your wipers to, and in some cars with bad dash cam views (hello Venom) this is a problem. I love the Venom and I love dash cam but when it's raining I'm blind for a god 2/3 seconds out of every 10 lol.

If you were driving like Mr. Bean, you'd get rain on your face too.

Mr-Bean-Driving-on-Top-of-his-car.gif

AndyD

aka andydumi
They kick up way more during Storm weather.

They do, but we are still not getting real high rooster tails for some of the super cars like we would in real life. It would make races very difficult though, near impossible to see anything and pass.

Something like this would be cool visually but kill gameplay:
dms1201my3961.jpg

On one hand I would love to see it, maybe after photomode processing, but I would hate to drive with it as the visibility would be essentially zero for several car lengths behind any opponent. Add a few opponents in front of you and it's over.

It does kick up some. I think that's snow, so it's not going to kick up.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't kick up any to your windshield. Using dynamic weather, the rain stopped but the road was wet and I could see the car right in front of me kicking up water, but nothing was hitting my windshield.

I'm glad that it's so realistic that people are moaning about this. It pleases me.

Heh, I love the effects, but I have to admit it's how well they did it that makes it stand out. By no means would I ever put down the game to anyone because of this minor minor thing, but ya it does stand out a tad and I wish it was there because I think it'd be kinda cool. But ya, if it wasn't so well done, it probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. Plus, we just had that big rainfall in CA, so I was actually comparing the real thing to the game and that's when I realized it.

VanWinkle

Why do you guys insist those drops in every view are fair and that they are there to balance the views anyways?

It doesn't make any sense, the view are unequal already just because of the field of views, you can't "balance the views", they never will be. Therefore those raindrop aren't designed to balance anything. Its just effects that they could do so they did. That's all.

And they thought we wouldn't complain but personally I think its annoying. Any third person view belongs to the player's world and not the game's realm, there's no drop of water that should be seen there since I am not impersonating a camera within a game. It doesn't make sense and never will. Cockpit view is all good because there's a windshield before me.

What? That view is literally called a chase cam. It's a camera view from behind the car.

And yeah, the views aren't inherently balanced, but why make chase cam the easy, unequivocal best view by not having any obstructions at all during weather? It could easily be a balancing thing.

What? That view is literally called a chase cam. It's a camera view from behind the car.

And yeah, the views aren't inherently balanced, but why make chase cam the easy, unequivocal best view by not having any obstructions at all during weather? It could easily be a balancing thing.

Chase cam blows. WTF is wrong with you people.

Bluenova

Neo Member
I actually do wish the tires sprayed more in the wet, its more tame than real life. But thats not a big deal- I do want to hear rain and thunder however.

Gonna add Driveclub gaf to my list. id: Bluesuzaku

Anyone just gettin in, search for a club called The Formula if you want to, we have 4 spots, lvl 19
;D

Nice! Yeah he is pretty active on twitter, and I dunno it also makes the game experience seem even more social seeing the videos and photo links [and outside of PSN]

A set of mine that I posted in the official photo thread, thought you guys may enjoy.

gqzUl4x.jpg

Fucking awesome shot man, the AMG looks so killer low and yellow in the rain. Your others use perspective really well, good set.

I'll add another for the Thread
http://abload.de/img/driveclub_201412110216xcyz.jpg

driveclub_201412110216xcyz.jpg

DBT85

Personally, I can't drive with my face on the bumper or 15 feet behind my car, so I assume it's a camera. Totally cool with having water on the views. The difference between other views if only the in car ones had water in the way would make it pointless to race inside at all. No they aren't balanced, but this is better than nothing and gets me in the mood of a pissing storm.

I race bumper cam.

I quite like the rain drops in the other views. Don't disagree that an option to turn it off would be nice for some people. Would be nice if there was some spray from other cars too. My main gripe is the game automatically decides what speed to set your wipers to, and in some cars with bad dash cam views (hello Venom) this is a problem. I love the Venom and I love dash cam but when it's raining I'm blind for a god 2/3 seconds out of every 10 lol.
Turning off would make other views much easier IMO. Faster wipers would be nice, as would the windscreens having a sealing agent applied to help the water run off faster!

Alright, alright, I'll buy the fucking game. Just stop making me spontaneously ejaculate like this.

Edit: Just ordered off Amazon. Fans of this game should consider going there and dropping a good review. It's currently at 3/5 stars, which doesn't help an already-struggling game.

You're just looking for an avatar quote aren't you?

psn

Alright, alright, I'll buy the fucking game. Just stop making me spontaneously ejaculate like this.

Edit: Just ordered off Amazon. Fans of this game should consider going there and dropping a good review. It's currently at 3/5 stars, which doesn't help an already-struggling game.

Yeah, I'm going to write a quick review.

Is there going to be a driving game this generation that is going to look better then Driveclub. Is it even possible?

I think people will be surprised by Gran Turismo. The artists on both Driveclub and GT do a lot to help make the world's believable, GT on PS3 looked amazing in places and we haven't seen their attempt for PS4!!

DBT85

I have written one. Two from the start of this month are 1 star. One suggests getting Ebola would be more fun. The other says don't buy this, buy foza.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So.. I caved :( Just got my copy.

How is weather integrated into the campaign? And if it is does it affect star targets?

DBT85

How is weather integrated into the campaign? And if it is does it affect star targets?

It isn't yet since all the times would change. It's in the Elements DLC and I assume others to follow. And obviously it's in nearly every challenge now!

The good thing is you can still earn fame points by playing single event, time trails and drifts. I've unlocked lots of things like this.

ricelord

thats due to the bad launch it had.

Rajang

How is GT7 even going to top this graphically?! I think they(Polyphony) will most definitely shoot for 60 fps so I doubt they will top DriveClub graphically. Polyphony could learn a thing or two from Evo about car sounds.

Sorc3r3r

The graphic in this game is outstanding, often doing some event under the rain i'm still amazed, mesmerized by their work.
But talking only of the graphic is reductive, after the collision patch is a pleasure to play, the last arcade i enjoyed so much, with the exclusion of their own motorstorm series, that is another take on the arcade racing, was burnout 2, but this game is even better, i can feel the all love they poured in this game.
Now, in cauda venenum, it's a shame what happen with the online, all my friend left the game and i cant bring they back to the game, they dont want even try it again.
It damaged the a new ip, a potential great new ip irreversiblely in my opinion. I cant understand how something like that happened after a year of delay, from a experienced AAA studio.

benzy

What's the sad face for, a PGR fan should be satisfied with the decision. :p

It doesn't integrate into the main campaign since it would require adjusting the time targets and mess with the leaderboards. Weather will be in the new dlc tour event packs.

Sorc3r3r

How is GT7 even going to top this graphically?! I think they(Polyphony) will most definitely shoot for 60 fps so I doubt they will top DriveClub graphically. Polyphony could learn a thing or two from Evo about car sounds.

In my humble opinion gt7 will look better, honestly i have little doubt about this.

But if there will be a DC2...Eyes will be melted.

Top Bottom