• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

HeelPower

I'm going to throw out a very generic/simplified example. If the game engine expects the animation skeletal rigging to be in a specific sequence, for example left shoulder right shoulder left hip right hip, and the model has anything in a different order, or has extra/less anchors/joints/etc, body parts are going to end up where something else is supposed to be.

so in short it doesn't fit on the new models...

Goddamnit..the dream is dead.

serahsass

Neo Member
lol amazing.

but why didn't you stop and turn and camera around.I want to see what it looks like from all angles.
I was in a rush at the time and I didn't think of it. I'll upload another video of it in battle, too.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ff13tool.rar

Finished the extraction/repacking tool. It's a command line tool, so if you're puzzled as to why nothing happens as you double click ff13tool.exe in explorer, that's why. Either use command prompt, or use the batch files.

Here's the source code for the tool if anyone wants that: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/source/ff13tool.rar
Would it be possible to get it to extract and repack things like sounds and animations?

Parsnip

Oh, sorry to ask if this had been said, but if I have a 16:10 monitor, should I still be putting in a 16:9 rendering resolution into gedosato if I have a 16:10 monitor? I dunno if it within gedo's capabilities to remove the back bars (not the game inherent ones, the ones resulting from my monitor ratio) without stretching the image, I wish I was more well versed.

Edit: Also what causes this effect? I only seem to see it during cutscenes. Near Sazh's hair/ear.

Curious, I notice you don't have the eyeliner/transparency bug that I've been having.

Anyone know how to fix that?

Sectus

Would it be possible to get it to extract and repack things like sounds and animations?
Well, I don't think I'll be doing that. I've got plenty of projects to work on, and FF13 isn't my top priority. I expect some people will at least make tools for the graphics formats. I dunno about sound and animations.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
so in short it doesn't fit on the new models...

Goddamnit..the dream is dead.

They will probably be modified eventually to work with the in-game animations. Being able to play use the high quality models in-game would be pretty nice. It's a shame that sort of effort wasn't put into the port in the first place.

serahsass

Neo Member
honestly this outfit for serah looks really nice.Way better than her XIII-2 outfit.

Also I am surprised about her cloth physics that react to the movement.

Did they plan to have her playable at one point ?
Serah's XIII outfit is her best outfit. I suggested her XIII-2 model though because the animations already exist for it.

And I'm pretty sure at one point she was intended to be playable.

HeelPower

Serah's XIII outfit is her best outfit. I suggested her XIII-2 model though because the animations already exist for it.

And I'm pretty sure at one point she was intended to be playable.

why is she stabbed in the guts like that ? :(

Its like Lightning told her YOU'RE A L'CIE I'll MAKE IT QUICK FOR YOU AND THAT BITCH SNOW...BOOM!

Rising_Hei

The whole episode 0 that was scrapped probably had sections of a playable Serah on it.
As for the episode 0, they made it a nobel... and that part (it's the prologue of the actual game) made the game much better, imo.

Parsnip

I actually tried to replace the music earlier today. The .scd files at 'white_imgu\sound\pack\8000\usa' are basically just ogg vorbis (vbr 128kbps) files and any proper audio player should be able to just play them if you change the file extension to .ogg..
Opposite however doesn't seem to be true, I tried encoding an ogg file and replacing the title music with that one, but it just went silent, as if the file wasn't there at all.

I'm assuming there's another file header there that I'm missing from my ogg file, but I wouldn't know where to start at figuring that out. It could be something else as well of course.

serahsass

Neo Member
I actually tried to replace the music earlier today. The .scd files at 'white_imgu\sound\pack\8000\usa' are basically just ogg vorbis (vbr 128kbps) files and any proper audio player should be able to just play them if you change the file extension to .ogg..
Opposite however doesn't seem to be true, I tried encoding an ogg file and replacing the title music with that one, but it just went silent, as if the file wasn't there at all.

I'm assuming there's another file header there that I'm missing from my ogg file, but I wouldn't know where to start at figuring that out. It could be something else as well of course.
Actually I just tried exactly this a few hours ago and ran into the same problem.

thematic

does anyone experience random crash?
I don't know this is GeDoSaTo thing or not, but today I got 2 crashes while leveling up. i wasted a few hours because of the crash :(

BONKERS

Curious, I notice you don't have the eyeliner/transparency bug that I've been having.

Anyone know how to fix that?

It's been stated several times. But do not disable MSAA. The game needs it.

Don't force AA from your driver unless you do it specifically per this post.

You may not notice it during gameplay (I can), but it's there.

Actually I just tried exactly thisa few hours ago and ran into the same problem.

I'd assume perhaps there is a header issue and maybe even file size issue. This would be crazy if it's hardcoded to expect a certain amount of bytes in the sound files.

.OGG 128Kbs is far better than MP3 128k, but is still 128k. Which is crap!

60GB of space, couldn't afford higher quality Audio? Wut. The sources exist!

Knurek

I can't code for shit. :p
I'm also fairly certain that in the case of .scd, vgmstream does the exact same thing as these audio players, it just ignores the "extra header" and plays the actual audio stream that is underneath it.

Nope, it parses the looping data correctly as well.

Falk

that puzzling face
The best part is how it messes up basic functions like jumping and... you know... getting in combat

Knurek

But looping data is just custom vorbis tag I thought. My point was that whatever header scd uses, it ignores it.

PS3 version uses MP3, X360 version uses XMA, PC version uses OGG.
All three version share the same header, which contains looping data and codec information.
(Something like MKV or AVI container formats).

Parsnip

PS3 version uses MP3, X360 version uses XMA, PC version uses OGG.
All three version share the same header, which contains looping data and codec information.
(Something like MKV or AVI container formats).

I don't know about the other versions, I'm just wondering since looking at the pc version files, the looping data looks like a vorbis comment. Even tagging software sees it as a vorbis comment.
Unless that's there twice, inside the scd header and also in the vorbis comments?

But I'm the first to admit that I'm no expert.

Anyways, is it then possible to repack an ogg with appropriate scd header to replace the music with higher quality copies?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, any hacktool to have the characters at high level if I just want to do a story run through?

Is it possible to disable the message in the upper left corner? It is always saying downsampling and frankly quite annoying. Haven't found an option or key for it yet.

Levyne

Banned
Is it possible to disable the message in the upper left corner? It is always saying downsampling and frankly quite annoying. Haven't found an option or key for it yet.

Believe that's just a bug at the moment, it normally goes away. My steam pop-up notifications (so and so playing [something]) are kind of sticking around too, as did the fraps fps overlay getting blurry. I've only ever had a similar problem using an emulator, and I'm not sure what exactly causes it.

Believe that's just a bug at the moment, it normally goes away. My steam pop-up notifications (so and so playing [something]) are kind of sticking around too, as did the fraps fps overlay getting blurry. I've only ever had a similar problem using an emulator, and I'm not sure what exactly causes it.

Alt tabbing fixes the sticky stuff. But the message on top keeps appearing

so I'm locked to 30 fps outside of battle. does not seem to be a performance issue as it is a constant 30, never up or down. Can anybody help me? im on a gtx 660 ti and i have vsync turned off in control panel as well as set to maximum performance. What is causing this to happen?

[Fugo]

I'm feeling retarded but... how do I get rid of the "downsampling" etc.. text that's shown at the top of the screen when using GeDoSaTo?

garath

Despite believing my 970 should run the game flawlessly downsampled, the frame rate jumping is pretty annoying. I accidentally started the game without gedosato and even though 720p was pretty ugly, it ran at a rock solid 60fps.

I think I'd like to try just a straight 1920x1080p, no down sampling. Should be a happy medium. I tried to set that as the render resolution in the ffxiii user config but it ignored it and kept downsampling from the previously set 3840x2160. Any way to force 1080? Do I need to add that resolution to the base config? I didn't have a lot of time to play with it.

Despite believing my 970 should run the game flawlessly downsampled, the frame rate jumping is pretty annoying. I accidentally started the game without gedosato and even though 720p was pretty ugly, it ran at a rock solid 60fps.

I think I'd like to try just a straight 1920x1080p, no down sampling. Should be a happy medium. I tried to set that as the render resolution in the ffxiii user config but it ignored it and kept downsampling from the previously set 3840x2160. Any way to force 1080? Do I need to add that resolution to the base config? I didn't have a lot of time to play with it.

i set my resolution to 1920x1080 in the ffxii configu file and it seemed to work fine.

Said "1920x1080 -> 1920x1080" when i started.

Make sure you're setting it in the default FFXIII config file and not your own user config. Seems like it overrides the one in your user config file.

BONKERS

Hope something in regards to the sound can be worked out. Listening to the OST, it's amazing the difference in detail and volume in the sound of the music.

serahsass

Neo Member
Well, I don't think I'll be doing that. I've got plenty of projects to work on, and FF13 isn't my top priority. I expect some people will at least make tools for the graphics formats. I dunno about sound and animations.
I made a very minor edit to your bat files and it allowed me to extract everything. Thanks a lot. If you accept PayPal donations, I would be happy to give something.

Sectus

I made a very minor edit to your bat files and it allowed me to extract everything. Thanks a lot. If you accept PayPal donations, I would be happy to give something.

If you wanna donate, you could look at my steam wish list and consider gifting something listed there. My steam id is Sectus.

Top Bottom