• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Game is randomly crashing on me now. Anybody run into this?

Yeah, I can no longer even start the game, it just hangs on the splash screen.

I've tried re-installing GeDoSaTo, upding, running the game without GeDoSaTo, and I can't even get it. It just hangs, and I'm forced to log out to even close down the thing. I'm at loathe to delete and re-download that behemoth, I wonder if something was corrupted on my end? (perhaps due to my anti-virus being overzealous).

Kuga

fxiiibkosv.png

My favorite screenshot from the playthrough so far. It's truly a shame that the game assets vary so drastically in quality - there are beautiful models, effect rendering, and scenery. Then you run into a rock texture map that looks like it came from a PS2 game.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
My favorite screenshot from the playthrough so far. It's truly a shame that the game assets vary so drastically in quality - there are beautiful models, effect rendering, and scenery. Then you run into a rock texture map that looks like it came from a PS2 game.

Cause rocks are hard.

Tizoc

OK FF13 has FINALLY finished downloading so I got a question:
I downloaded GeDoSaTo, now how do I get FF13's graphics improved?
Note that I run a laptop with a GTX 770 M @ 3GB Graphics.

Anteater

OK FF13 has FINALLY finished downloading so I got a question:
I downloaded GeDoSaTo, now how do I get FF13's graphics improved?
Note that I run a laptop with a GTX 770 M @ 3GB Graphics.

Just run the program, edit settings and choose the ffxiii profile (config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini) at the bottom and you can change the resolution there, default is 4k I think, other settings are explained in the config.

Guru3d also has a guide on it if you want more details:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4936011&postcount=2444

Lain

Ooof I'm still confused. I set the values in the .ini both to 1080p, should I have let one of them a higher value?

Yeah. The renderResolution defines the resolution you want to downsample from.

presentWidth 0
presentHeight 0
presentHz 60
That's used to set the resolution you want to downsample to. It's in the main configuration and by default will downsample to your main monitor resolution.

golem09

Neo Member
Only the resolution in the FF13 ini counts, it overwrites whatever is in the main ini.
If you go beyond your screen resolution, for example double it (3840x2180@60) that is the best kind of AA you can get, because not only edges, but EVERYTHING becomes smoother and clearer. Of course that is quite a hit on performance.

Nekokevin

Neo Member
I play on 2560*1440 still got some MAD FPS drop, I've tested all the tricks (I have a GTX780 3GB), I can't play with a constant 60FPS, if someone can help, would be appreciated. Very nice game indeed.

Dave_6

I overclocked my 970 to hell and the game still can't maintain 60FPS during gameplay with these settings:

renderResolution 3840x2160@60
MSAASampleCount 4
enableCoverageSampling true
shadowScale 4
presentInterval 0

Since I'm also using a single 970, I went with these settings for my first attempt. Runs at 60 fps except from transitions into and out of fight sequences. Seems to stutter pretty bad at those points, all the way down to below 30 fps.

My setup is:

3570K@4.4
Gigabyte G1 970 (stock)
Samsung RAM 8GB

Playing on an Asus VG248QE 1080/144hz monitor.

So I finally figured out what was breaking my vsync... it was Radeon Pro itself (which is what was causing the issues and graphic glitches AND most of the slowdown).

So now I can play the game in full 4k downsample, but still suffering with the same slow downs as everyone else. I've decided to just disable my FPS counter and enjoy it was a Super HD port and that coupled with FF13-2 teaching me the god damn terms/premiss of the game, I feel like I can finally actually enjoy 13 for what it is.

Obligatory downscaled screen shots.

Finally my favorite, a perfectly captured "WTF Lightning?" face.

dawid

Ok i need help getting this to work.

Downloaded latest GeDoSato. Latest FFXIII via steam.
Game starts in bordered 1280x1024. Looks AA:d but hard to tell?

renderResolution 3840x2160@60 in ffxiiimg.ini

Tried to set this in GeDoSaTo.ini..
presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 60

Still 1280x1024 bordered..

Am i missing the part where i hook the software to the actual game .exe?

gtx 970, latest drivers.

Parsnip

Anyone able to dump textures? Just checking if it's an AMD issue or if it doesn't work in general.

On his blog Durante said:
Durante said:
About texture dumping/replacement: After getting the current GeDoSaTo facilities to work (more or less) on FF13, I figured out that most interesting textures (e.g. the fonts) aren’t actually being loaded using D3DX, so the existing mechanisms don’t help at all. I have a different method in mind (for a long time now actually), but this will take some time to implement.

Xyber

Thanks for you reply, I have a i7 3770k (4GHZ)

Not much you can do then. Just hope for a patch to fix the weird FPS drops. Some areas play just fine at 60 and some places I get closer to 30FPS. And I have i7 4770K@4.2GHz and a 970, downsampling from 4K.

So I finally figured out what was breaking my vsync... it was Radeon Pro itself (which is what was causing the issues and graphic glitches AND most of the slowdown).

So now I can play the game in full 4k downsample, but still suffering with the same slow downs as everyone else. I've decided to just disable my FPS counter and enjoy it was a Super HD port and that coupled with FF13-2 teaching me the god damn terms/premiss of the game, I feel like I can finally actually enjoy 13 for what it is.

Obligatory downscaled screen shots.

Finally my favorite, a perfectly captured "WTF Lightning?" face.

What specifically about radeonpro was breaking your vsync and affecting performance? I'm curious because I recently set my downsample res down to 1920x1080 and I've occasionally had the game lock itself to 15fps which really confused me.

So today after playing the game for about 10 hours, I noticed a lot of shadow flickerings so I went and increased the shadow map in gedosato to 2.

Now the game looks even better and there is much less slowdown than before.

Thank you Durante.

How do I lock fps to 30 again? (AMD card)

tried forceframe=30 om Radeopro but didnt work.

Use RTSS's frame limiter.

What specifically about radeonpro was breaking your vsync and affecting performance? I'm curious because I recently set my downsample res down to 1920x1080 and I've occasionally had the game lock itself to 15fps which really confused me.

It running at all was causing it on my system. I had been using it to force AAx16, but I just forced it in drivers instead.

hlhbk

Yeah. Pretty much. That's if you don't already have MSI Afterburner that is.

Which, you should. Since it's far better than FRAPs and shows you more than just a framerate counter. And can take screenshots in the format and compression level of your choice

So I downloaded afterburner. Does it just show up automatically in game if opened like fraps?

SOLDIER

Can't figure out how to get 60 fps. What are the best settings for playing off a big TV at a resolution no higher than 1920x1080?

Top Bottom