• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Code Veronica Remake is in development

NT80

people really need to get over that Capcom could remake(god forbid pay attention to) their not so favorite games, both CV and RE Zero could get great reimaginings if done well like RE2.on the other hand when they took over RE3 it wasn't perfect so fanboys complained.

CVX has potential great settings,characters,soundtrack and atmosphere to make a good survival horror, they would need to redesign the levels but its good news they are willing to do so
Yes I think Code Veronica has far more potential with it's scope, characters and locations than a RE1 remake which is far more limited and has already been done anyway and then remastered on top of that. It'd be ridiculous if they remade RE1 again.

Astral Dog

Yes I think Code Veronica has far more potential with it's scope, characters and locations than a RE1 remake which is far more limited and has already been done anyway and then remastered on top of that. It'd be ridiculous if they remade RE1 again.
i think eventually they will remake RE1 again, they have the template of RE2R in third person that was so well recieved its just how much they change/add to make it a worthwhile experience

Also since RE0, CVX and RE1 are the classic formula, they can share visual assets and design, at least im guessing thats the logic Capcom are going for if these projects get greenlighted 🤞(like the Mansion in all three games is pretty similar 🤭)

Apocryphon

I’d rather this than 5 and 6. 5 isn’t the worst RE game by a long stretch but it isn’t anywhere near RE2R, RE4R, and RE7 level good, and 6 is outright dogshit.

Zero and CV were both good at the time. Each has its own problems and both will require some fairly major changes, but many current gamers won’t have played the originals so as long as they’re closer to RE4R in terms of quality than RE3R I think they’ll sell well enough.

I do think Zero and RE1 could be combined into a single game though. Hopefully they have a full on RE2R-esque remake of RE1 in mind for the future. Give it some new and expanded areas in the forest, grounds, and lab and an unlockable first person/VR mode and I’d be in day 1.

After Village I fear for RE9. Really didn’t like that game.

Soodanim

I've just had a harrowing thought that could ruin CV remake. What if they take away the OP knife? That could have been model swapped for a lightsaber and people would have said "Wow, that's a bit too strong for a lightsaber".

Think 2R's knife at 120fps on PC but on every enemy.

There's also the zombie speed run dodge strats, but that's less easy than aiming down

Red5

I saw the Code Veronica trailer on TV, channel named Gamesauce I think, way back then. Made me want a Dreamcast so bad especially after playing through RE2 and 3 ten times on PS1.

Code Veronica definitely has the best potential for a remake.

Matt_Fox

Resident Evil 5 Remake would seem the blockbuster choice for massive sales (far safer than CV and Zero) and would chronologically follow from 2, 3, and 4.

But maybe the original Resi 5 still sells quite well? I know the Resi games tend to have long legs, and Capcom are waiting till all the toothpaste is squeezed out the tube before remaking 5? That would make some sense...

Top Bottom