• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try my luck then :)

Sony
Uncharted 4 gameplay + release day (obviously)
Sony Bend new IP teaser with a quick look at settings and title. Release day is unannounced.
Guerrilla Gamers' Horizon IP gameplay trailer and release window.
A Sucker Punch game (it is likely to be a new Infamous game but I think otherwise) with CG trailer and no release day.
A bunch of third party games trailers, such as MGS V, Batman Arkham Knight, AC Victory...
Announcement of many indie games.
New Street Fighter V trailer.
Hardware sales announcement.
A new Media Molecule game along with some Morpheus titles is shown.
Gran Turismo 7 trailer + release window.
New God of War game teaser at the end of the conference with release window (2016).

EA
Battlefront multiplayer gameplay footage.
Battlefield Hardline DLC announcement.
EA Access subscriber numbers announcement.
Mirror's Edge 2 gameplay trailer.
Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC trailer.
Mass Effect game teaser.
A new Need for Speed game announcement.
Sport games such as FIFA, Madden, and NBA trailers.

julrik

- Red Dead
- The Getaway 3
- Splinter Cell
- New Fallout or Elder Scrolls
- New WWII FPS, with a gritty, realistic and long campaign

fingers-crossed.gif

LaserHawk

Nintendo:
- Nothing is altered from the way they presented things last year (non-live presentation, but live gameplay footage being streamed)
- Too much time is spent on QOL, which is a wearable device that monitors your sleep/exercise, uses Miis, and interfaces with an update to Wii Fit U.
- Zelda WiiU and Splatoon are the main attractions.
- Everybody except NeoGAF is impressed with Zelda WiiU.
- Our "Suprise Game" turns out not to be Metroid or something else we were clamoring for, but a spinoff variation of a franchise we were starting to get tired of.
- There's some kind of follow-up to NES Ultimate Remix... either addition NES games, or a SNES version.
- A new Mario Sports game.
- Nintendo is not done with the microtransactions we saw in Pokemon Shuffle. It infects a new franchise and we are upset about it.
- Star Fox for WiiU turns out to be an elaborate Bucky O'Hare crossover.

Microsoft:
- Lots of games the PS4 was getting, but with "(timed) exclusive content!"
- Lots of Halo... whatever Halo they're up to now. 5?
- I don't follow the Xbox One enough to make many guesses. I'm sorry.

Sony:
- Media Molecule's project makes a return.
- Uncharted 4 is used to gently "relaunch" this generation and show what it's truly capable of when the games are not multi-plaform or multi-generation.
- Morpheus is featured heavily, but it mostly leans on existing software and games that aren't Morpheus-specific.
- There is at least one Morpheus-specific game that uses motion controllers. It's not very far along, but Sony touts its potential.
- As usual, more indie stuff here than at Nintendo and Microsoft.

Josh5890

So what if Shuhei Yoshida takes the stage at the beginning, says here is a game we are re-revealing today, shows the Last Guardian coming to PS4 in 2016, drops the mike and walks off stage ending the press conference?

Why are people so sure Fallout 4 is going to be announced, demoed and released this year? I mean, Fallout 3 and Skyrim were both announced with a teaser trailer a year before their respective releases.

Zukkoyaki

Why are people so sure Fallout 4 is going to be announced, demoed and released this year? I mean, Fallout 3 and Skyrim were both announced with a teaser trailer a year before their respective releases.

Because Skyrim came out well over three years ago and we all highly doubt Bethesda would hold it's own E3 press conference for the first time ever if they didn't have something HUGE to show. Fallout 4 just makes too much sense. I can't imagine they'd go through all the effort and hype to hold a conference just to announce Dishonored II and show some DOOM gameplay.

People think it will be this year partially because Bethesda has, literally, nothing announced for the second half of 2015. Holiday 2015 would be four years since the release of Skyrim so it seems quite plausible that they'd have their new game about ready by now (we also know that they're willing to release unfinished games haha :D). Fallout is also the type of game that doesn't need a long hype cycle. It would also make for the perfect E3 bombshell.

Kindekuma

Banned
All I know is that they'll probably be a new MGSV trailer, a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox U gameplay, more Zelda U gameplay, and some more details on FE x SMT. I'd also appreciate new Star Wars Battlefront news or some footage.

Not too in the know on MS line up of games however.

Fallout 3's first demo was at E3 2008. Would this really be any difference?
They've publicly stated mutiple times over the years that they've wanted to shorten the time between annouce and release.

What did Skyrim even have before E3? A Game Informer preview and short teaser?

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all.

Clefargle

I'll take a stab at nintendo:

- No mention of 3ds successor
- Zelda U and splatoon focus
- Splatoon tourney event
- AC U announced for holiday 15
- Metroid U announced and teased
- Xenoblade dated for NA/EU
- price drop for Wii U
- More VC title
- Indie blowout
- Treehouse stream (will be incredible)
- Unannounced titles

Fbh

Sony:
- New Uncharted Demo. Different setting, looks even better now
- Guerilla RPG gets announced with a short trailer and a 2016 release date
- New God of Wat gets shown. The main character is sadly still Kratos but at least the game is going to be based on a new mythology.
- Persona 5 gets a stage demo
- Final Fantasy XV trailer, mabye even some exclusive content (a costume or something)
- No news about The Last Guardian. After the conference someone will ask Yoshida about it and get the classic "The game isn't cancelled, it's making progress and there is a talented team of people hard at work on it..... but at this point I can't say anything more about it"

Microsoft:
- Halo gets a lengthy segment were they mostly talk about multiplayer and then they will end it with a single player trailer
- Scalebound is going to be shown and it's going to make me buy a damn Xbox One
- Quantum Break demo, talk about the tie in TV show, release date
- Rare will bring back one of its classic IP's
- Short Gears of War teaser trailer. Either pre rendered or CGI. 2016 release date
- Call of Duty whatever will be shown and will get map packs first on Xbox One

Nintendo:
- Starfox is going to be shown, will looks like it's trying too hard to make the gamepad relevant
- Lenghty showing of Zelda WiiU
- Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a western release date. Will come bundled with the first one in HD (one can dream)
- Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei full reveal with gameplay and a surprisingly early release date (one can dream)
- 1 new WiiU game and 1-2 new 3DS games will be announced, 1 of them is going to be a new new 3Ds exclusive

Square Enix:
-Big Final Fantasy VI logo on stage. Will turn out to be a FFVI inspired F2P Candy Crash Clone

Sega.
- Yakuza Ishin and 4 both get a west.... Nah, a new Sonic Game

?oe?oe

Nintendo

Wanting to 1-up last year's event. This year they hold the event over an active volcano. The Nintendo crew present in only their tighty whities. During the show, the sweat dripping off Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto accumulates in three seperate buckets. Each bucket represents DLC for three unannounced dark games for Wii U. The more sweat, the more content the respective game will receive.

The climax of the show has Iwata dangle Zelda Wii U by a string and Miyamoto dangling Metroid Wii U by a string over the volcanic lava. They say development has been completed on both titles and are just waiting for a release date. For Zelda to be released please SMS 'Zelda' to 19 777 077. For Metroid to be released please SMS 'Metroid' to 19 777 078. The one with the most votes will be released into the volcano.

Hazu

Nintendo
  • The Legend of Zelda (Wii U) release date and a gameplay trailer
  • Star Fox (Wii U) release date and a gameplay trailer
  • Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) release date and gameplay trailer
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) DLC announcement
  • Splatoon (Wii U) DLC announcement
  • Mario Maker (Wii U) other classic Nintendo characters playable
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U) trailer
  • Rodea the Sky Soldier (Wii U, 3DS) release date and trailer
  • Project Guard & Project Giant Robot (Wii U) if they still exist of course
  • Devil's Third (Wii U) release date and trailer
  • Project Treasure (Wii U) gameplay trailer
  • Pokken Tournament (Wii U) confirmation that the game will be released on Wii U
  • Fire Emblem (3DS) release date
  • Rhythm Tengoku (3DS) release date
  • Bravely Second (3DS) release date
  • Dragon Quest X (Wii U) localisation announcement
  • Dragon Quest VII (3DS) localisation announcement
  • Pokemon (Wii U, 3DS) probably the 3DS detective Pikachu game
  • Super Mario Bros (Wii U, 3DS) there were no Mario games announced last year, so I expect at least one title this year
  • Metroid (Wii U) announced as the new Retro Studios game
  • The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess (New 3DS) announcement
  • Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U) announcement, developped by Monster Games
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (Wii U)
  • Animal Crossing (Wii U) would be surprised but who knows
  • Kid Icarus Uprising 2 (Wii U) announcement, developped by Sakurai
  • At least one big third party exclusive announced
  • A lot of Amiibo announced (Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Super Smash Bros)
  • DLC announcement for Super Smash Bros
  • Quality of Life platform announced

Loving all these Nintendo predictions.

My view is that Iwata will take this time to publicize Nintendo's new definition for entertainment:

*They will begin the conference by showing that support for 3DS and Wii U is still running strong*

- 3DS standouts: Fire Emblem IF, Mario Maker, [unannounced Pokemon game] will be flagship titles for 2015
- Wii U standouts: Zelda Wii U, Mario Maker, Star Fox will be flagship titles for 2015
- Teaser trailers for 2016: Retro studios project, Next Level project, showcases greater compatibility between both 3DS and Wii U
- Amiibos will be sprinkled throughout; card/token versions will be announced to let gamers catch up; an unannounced Amiibo-centric game will be cross-play/cross-buy between the handheld/console
- Nindies!

*They will take the second half of the conference to tease the future of Nintendo*

- Launch/explain the new loyalty program and the new mobile application; will work hand in hand. Incentives to buy more games (at cheaper on-going cost) and to share the Nintendo good word-of-mouth
- Third party relationships will be discussed and licensing deals will be teased; Nintendo is going to fully operationalize their side-IP and old-IP bidding process; EA/Ubisoft/Activision will be forefront of this; proven Indies will also get to participate
- Commitment to coming trends, Nintendo will focus on AR; is my perspective, may tease at new console integration.
- A new Wii U GamePad may be shown-off; smaller screen, more controller-like; ability to connect at least 2; HD res.
- End with a brief tease at the Sharp non-traditional screen handheld with '2016' ending

#TreehouseEveryDay

I view E3 2015 as a pivotal year for Nintendo, they are post-organizational change and ready to 'revamp' their business model with QoL; this will be the first time we'll see the new face of Nintendo. Can't wait

Choomp

Banned
Haha yeah I know but we really have no clue what's coming out in 2016 so they have to announce a lot of stuff at this E3.

Most of those are very possible just there's never THAT much announced at E3, especially for Nintendo. I mean, maybe some of the stuff slated for this year will be pushed to '16, stuff without windows will get slated for 2016, plus new announcements. I'm not expecting all those however

Sony:
- New Uncharted Demo. Different setting, looks even better now
- Guerilla RPG gets announced with a short trailer and a 2016 release date
- New God of Wat gets shown. The main character is sadly still Kratos but at least the game is going to be based on a new mythology.
- Persona 5 gets a stage demo
- Final Fantasy XV trailer, mabye even some exclusive content (a costume or something)
- No news about The Last Guardian. After the conference someone will ask Yoshida about it and get the classic "The game isn't cancelled, it's making progress and there is a talented team of people hard at work on it..... but at this point I can't say anything more about it"

Microsoft:
- Halo gets a lengthy segment were they mostly talk about multiplayer and then they will end it with a single player trailer
- Scalebound is going to be shown and it's going to make me buy a damn Xbox One
- Quantum Break demo, talk about the tie in TV show, release date
- Rare will bring back one of its classic IP's
- Short Gears of War teaser trailer. Either pre rendered or CGI. 2016 release date
- Call of Duty whatever will be shown and will get map packs first on Xbox One

Nintendo:
- Starfox is going to be shown, will looks like it's trying too hard to make the gamepad relevant
- Lenghty showing of Zelda WiiU
- Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a western release date. Will come bundled with the first one in HD (one can dream)
- Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei full reveal with gameplay and a surprisingly early release date (one can dream)
- 1 new WiiU game and 1-2 new 3DS games will be announced, 1 of them is going to be a new new 3Ds exclusive

Square Enix:
-Big Final Fantasy VI logo on stage. Will turn out to be a FFVI inspired F2P Candy Crash Clone

Sega.
- Yakuza Ishin and 4 both get a west.... Nah, a new Sonic Game
It would be smart if Persona 5 gets a 5-7 minute demo IMO, push that on the PS4 for the west. I'd imagine the PS3 version will sell 60-40 in favor of PS3 in Japan but it could be 70-30 for PS4 everywhere else if Sony pushes the PS4 version. Sony could really push the series to blow to a potential 2-2.5m if they brand it to the west.

I just want Diddy Kong Racing 2 by Monster Games on Wii U!

Also hopefully we'll get the first tidbits on the 4DS, being 5 years after the 3DS' unveiling, it's time.

And Banjo-Threeie
on 4DS

Zukkoyaki

Oh that's right, I didn't do my Nintendo predictions. If last year was anything to go by, they're going to announce a LOT of games.

Nintendo
- Legend of Zelda gameplay & release date (holiday)
- Star Fox gameplay & release date (holiday)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X gameplay & U.S. release date (holiday)
- Mario Maker announced for 3DS as well. Both versions coming in (holiday)
- F-Zero from Next Level Games announced for N3DS w/ gameplay & release date (holiday)
- Pokemon Z announced for 3DS w/ gameplay & release date (holiday)
- New IP from EAD Kyoto Team 5 (Steel Driver & Wii Fit) announced for 3DS w/ trailer (2016)
- Diddy Kong Racing 2 from Monster Games announced for Wii-U w/ trailer (2016)
- Animal Crossing U announced for Wii-U w/ trailer (2016)
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem re-announced w/ trailer (2016)
- Metroid Prime 4 from Retro Studios announced for Wii-U w/ teaser trailer (2016)
- At some point during the Nintendo Direct or Treehouse Iwata is going to tease new hardware and perhaps drop some details. Nothing too in-depth though.

With all those big Franchises i dont understand why Square Enix isn´t hosting their own E3 Conference.

Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Heroes
Rise of Tomb Raider
New Hitman Game
Just Cause
New Deus Ex?
Handheld Games
Remasters
Life is Strange

Josh5890

With all those big Franchises i dont understand why Square Enix isn´t hosting their own E3 Conference.

Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Heroes
Rise of Tomb Raider
New Hitman Game
Just Cause
New Deus Ex?
Handheld Games
Remasters
Life is Strange

They usually hold the juicy stuff for TGS.

Josh5890

still i think with that many franchises (western + the Japanese game that are successful in the west like KH/FF) they could easily host their own show

TGS is not the right place to reveal the next Hitman or Deus Ex

You make some good points but after what Square did at Sony's Playstation Experience back in December I don't really want them to take the stage any time soon.

Sony
- Uncharted 4 new demo and release date
- Bend Studio's game reveal, release in 2016
- Level 5 rpg reveal, release in 2016
- Ratchet and Clank reboot, release fall 2015
- Guerrilla's Horizon trailer, release early 2016
- Bloodborne DLC, release fall 2015
- Morpheus talk and Gran Turismo 7 introduced with a dedicated vr mode
- No Man's Sky new trailer and morpheus compatibility
- Other vr stuff announced at gamescom
- Final Fantasy XV new trailer, release in 2016
- Kingdom Hearts 3 new trailer, no date or year mentioned
- Metal Gear Solid 5 new trailer
- New big third party game announced as time exclusive
- Street Fighter 5 new trailer, release spring 2016
- A.House on stage, announcing 25 millions units sold ww
- Price dropped to 349$
- God of War teaser trailer, no Kratos, Viking setting, release 2016
- The Last Guardian will be reintroduced for ps4, release holiday 2015

Microsoft
- Rise of Tomb Raider live demo, release november 2015
- Call of Duty single player live demo
- Assassin's Creed Victory co op live demo, and AC Rogue current gen port announced as exclusive
- Forza Motorsport 6 trailer, release september 2015 and november 2015 on w10 pc
- Halo 5 trailer and single player demo, release december 2015 + bundle at 299$
- Rare new game reveal, release fall 2015
- Scalebound gameplay trailer, release spring 2016
- Quantum Break new live gameplay, release spring 2016
- Mass Effect 4 live gameplay, release 2016
- Doom 4 announced as time exclusive, release 2016
- Slim model reveal
- Gears of War Collection announced, release holiday 2015 + bundle at 299$
- Gears of War 4 teaser trailer, release 2016

Nintendo Wii U
- Pikmin 4 announced
- Xenoblade trailer and eu/na release in summer
- The Legend of Zelda trailer, title revealed, release holiday 2015
- Starfox trailer and gameplay, release 2016
- Metroid reveal, no release date
- New main Mario game, release 2016
- Pokemon 3d open world rpg

After the delay, do you think we still get new Uncharted Gameplay at E3?

Maybe ND wants to impress us with their next footage and therefore wait until December (PSX) -- 60 FPS Gameplay Footage !

paxromana

Banned
WOOOOOO I can finally participate in these E3 threads on GAF. It's so lovely to be part of this community.

I'm pumped for this year, I can't wait to see what aces Microsoft and Sony have up their sleeves. I hope Sony only shows a story trailer for Uncharted 4 and a solid release date, I think one demo is enough. In fact I want more games to do this, just one gameplay demo because I think when the game finally releases it is more special and gives a much bigger experience when you haven't seen too much of it.

My Predictions for ND
E3: U4 Story Trailer & MP Teaser
Game Awards: Release Date
PSX: New Gameplay & MP Gameplay
Next E3: Teaser for Next Game

Mikel1015

Banned
People do realize that Monster games is doing the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS port, right? They can't be working on Diddy Kong Racing 2

Microsoft
-Opens with Cuphead and an indie game montage. One of which is released day of.
-Gameplay of new COD and marketing deal per tradition.
-Minimal talk about numbers and whatnot, similar to last years conference.
-Gameplay premieres from a few major multiplatform titles per tradition.
-Halo 5 single player gameplay reveal. Some multiplayer stuff.
-Forza 6 gameplay reveal.
-Gears of War HD collection for 2015.
-New Quantum Break gameplay, confirmed as a winter 2015 release.
-New Battletoads, not developed by Rare. Digital download.
-Banjo 3 reveal. 2016, Rare. More like the original two.
-Teaser for new Gears, 2016.
-Crackdown, 2016.
-Scalebound reveal. Show stealer, early 2016. Closes show.

My out of left field announcement predictions of games that will be announced that NOONE BUT ME Predicted:

Sony: Jumpin Jack Flash. For Morpheus.

MS: KINECT SPORTS 4! And then when the crowd starts throwing rotten tomatoes at Phil pencer, he'll deftly dodge and show a ressurection of a Rare IP Noone Expected: Wizards And Warriors!

Nintendo: WTF, Warioware U?! I mean, the new Metroid game looks awesome, and Both Zelda AND Starfox were AMAZING, but.. seriously, guys?

Konami: KCEJ.. Kojima Productions.. FOX Engine.. Walking through a creepy old gothic church in first person.. Everyone instantly expects a silent hills trailer and goes along for the spooky ride.. After a few moments of super creepy atmosphere, the character solves a short puzzle of finding a key, and then unlocks an ancient stone case behind the alter...

There's a Whip Inside.

CASTLEVANIA

Ubisoft: A young man in a white robe Parkours his way through ancient babylonian architecture. Oh, hey, a new assassin's creed game That's not Victory? I can handle this, looks cool! Guy finds his target.. Rips off the robe. Pulls out That God-Damn Dagger. Leaps. Stops. The entire sequence rewinds.

Prince of Persia

These are almost pointless but I have fun guessing anyway

Sony
- Uncharted 4 gameplay demo, Feb 2016 release date
- Uncharted Collection for PS4, Holiday 2015
- GG new IP, 2016 release
- SSF V live demo
- AC Victory live demo + exclusive DLC
- 15 mins of PS4 sales boasting + $349 price cut
- No Man's Sky Q1 2016 release date
- Just Cause 3 demo
- Silent Hills Demo + TBA 2016 release date