• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love it if an XCOM sequel was announced for current Gen consoles and PC. XCOM and Dishonored faced off in 2012, would be great if the sequels did the same.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
- Metroid Prime 4 from Retro, 2016 schedule, won't release until late 2017
- Fallout 4, further streamlined ala Oblivion -> Skyrim, New Vegas fans unimpressed
- Amazing looking - boring to play first party PlayStation 4 game
- Deus Ex 4 is the sequel you hoped for, not feared
- Dishonored 2 is the sequel you feared, not hoped for
- Zelda Wii U is a Ubisoft open world
- Surprise revival of old Star Wars game series
- Mass Effect 4 is surprisingly big in scope
- Kratos is angry
- Quantum Break underwhelms and loses momentum, but becomes a cult classic in years to come
- Ports
- Trilogy port
- Red Dead Redemption 2 makes you angry there's not more Westerns
- Titanfall 2 is what Titanfall probably should have been
- Captain Toad 2
- Doom 4's fuck-it-scrap-everything back-to-basics might actually work
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is the best thing there
- Silent Hills is an incoherent mess of weird, 2018
- Shadow of Mordor 2 teased
- Devil's Third still looks like arse and everyone hates it but plays really well once you get used to the controls and high difficulty learning curve
- The Last Guardian remains dead

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I know the E3 Threads will be made by the usual people unless noticed otherwise, but who's gonna make the Bethesda Conference Thread?

Just_one

Sony only here

Last Guardian still is nowhere to be found
Uncharted Remastered Trilogy
AC Victory
AC Rogue for PS4
Red Dead Redemption 2
Street Fighter V
GT 7
and since its the 25th anniversary of the first Rayman...

RAYMAN 1 PS4 Remastered !!!

My only major prediction is that Fallout 4 will get announced and look cool as shit, and that a whole ton of people will bitch about something trivial within it, and the NV vs F3 argument will be prominent.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Every year, we say "this is the year TLG is coming bacl" and every year, Y2Kev is somewhere laughing in delight.

Zelda U isn't a presentation failure and instead completely wows the masses. The franchise is modernized, becoming a more cinematic driven game but still keeping its really tight gameplay.

Tizoc

My predictions
1- We get a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer that will feature a Star Wars tease
2- SNK's next KoF game gets revealed as either an MS or Sony console exclusive
3- Nintendo announce some N3DS ports of their Wii/Wii U games

Eolz

Zelda U isn't a presentation failure and instead completely wows the masses. The franchise is modernized, becoming a more cinematic driven game but still keeping its really tight gameplay.

Apart from Wind Waker and the weapon bug, haven't the Zelda 3D presentation failures only been due to Wiimote malfunctions until now?
No I don't consider the GA presentation a failure, it was shown way too early and people seemed to forget how game development works.

Bl@de

I can't imagine they'd go through all the effort and hype to hold a conference just to announce Dishonored II and show some DOOM gameplay.

I can't imagine they'd go through all the effort and hype to hold a conference just to show some DOOM gameplay.

just some DOOM gameplay.

just some DOOM

Ice-Cube-Confused-With-A-Brainless-Stare.gif

Microsoft
  • Halo 5 focus, taking up a significant amount of the conference.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider extensively demoed and promoted as a big exclusive.
  • Forza featured, possibly with a car rising from the stage.
  • Crackdown featured, be it with more CGI or in-engine footage.
  • Scalebound demo.
  • Gears of War Collection announced.
  • Black Tusk's GoW game given a CGI teaser.
  • Whatever Rare's new game ends up being. Not holding out too much hope for this one.
  • Quantum Break surely has to feature.
  • Fable Legends will get more time than it deserves
  • Usual suspects- COD, Assassin's Creed etc.
Sony
  • Uncharted 4 featured heavily- polished to a shine to take the sting out of the delay.
  • Uncharted Collection for PS4 announced to tide people over during the holidays.
  • Whatever they're doing with Ratchet and Clank will be shown off.
  • Guerilla Games, Quantic Dream and Media Molecule all show off new stuff.
  • New God of War CGI teaser
  • Destiny expansion featured significantly.
  • Third parties heavily featured- Just Cause 3, Deux Ex, etc.
  • Indies, etc.
  • No The Last Guardian mention, very little Vita content (again)
Nintendo
  • Zelda U will be the centrepiece, obviously. Playable demo, story trailer and title reveal. 2015
  • Star Fox blowout. Proper trailer, reveal of Project Guard and Project Giant Robot being integrated into the main game.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X localisation, complete with date.
  • Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker briefly covered
  • Pokkén Tournament announced for Wii U
  • Next Level's new game shown off- I'm guessing a new Punch-Out!
  • Fire Emblem if for 3DS shown off in greater depth
  • Smash Bros. DLC revealed and detailed.
  • More projects from the Garage, be they new IP or rethinks of classic franchises.
  • New 3DS-exclusive software.
  • Possibly Retro's next game, but don't go holding your breath.
  • Pokémon X2Y2 shown off.
  • Maybe a tease of Nintendo's next handheld, to be properly revealed later in the year.
Bethesda
  • Fallout 4, out this year.
  • The Evil Within DLC
  • Doom
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Dishonoured 2
Ubisoft
  • The Division
  • Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Fitness titles that no one in the known world will care about
  • Watch_Dogs 2
EA
  • Battlefront blowout, to come out alongside the new movie.
  • Mass Effect trailer
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • Trailer of some kind for Criterion's new game, be it CG or ingame
  • sportssportssports

Microsoft
  • Halo 5 focus, taking up a significant amount of the conference.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider extensively demoed and promoted as a big exclusive.
  • Forza featured, possibly with a car rising from the stage.
  • Crackdown featured, be it with more CGI or in-engine footage.
  • Scalebound demo.
  • Gears of War Collection announced.
  • Black Tusk's GoW game given a CGI teaser.
  • Whatever Rare's new game ends up being. Not holding out too much hope for this one.
  • Quantum Break surely has to feature.
  • Fable Legends will get more time than it deserves
  • Usual suspects- COD, Assassin's Creed etc.
Sony
  • Uncharted 4 featured heavily- polished to a shine to take the sting out of the delay.
  • Uncharted Collection for PS4 announced to tide people over during the holidays.
  • Whatever they're doing with Ratchet and Clank will be shown off.
  • Guerilla Games, Quantic Dream and Media Molecule all show off new stuff.
  • New God of War CGI teaser
  • Destiny expansion featured significantly.
  • Third parties heavily featured- Just Cause 3, Deux Ex, etc.
  • Indies, etc.
  • No The Last Guardian mention, very little Vita content (again)
Nintendo
  • Zelda U will be the centrepiece, obviously. Playable demo, story trailer and title reveal. 2015
  • Star Fox blowout. Proper trailer, reveal of Project Guard and Project Giant Robot being integrated into the main game.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X localisation, complete with date.
  • Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker briefly covered
  • Pokkén Tournament announced for Wii U
  • Next Level's new game shown off- I'm guessing a new Punch-Out!
  • Fire Emblem if for 3DS shown off in greater depth
  • Smash Bros. DLC revealed and detailed.
  • More projects from the Garage, be they new IP or rethinks of classic franchises.
  • New 3DS-exclusive software.
  • Possibly Retro's next game, but don't go holding your breath.
  • Pokémon X2Y2 shown off.
  • Maybe a tease of Nintendo's next handheld, to be properly revealed later in the year.
Bethesda
  • Fallout 4, out this year.
  • The Evil Within DLC
  • Doom
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Dishonoured 2
Ubisoft
  • The Division
  • Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Fitness titles that no one in the known world will care about
  • Watch_Dogs 2
EA
  • Battlefront blowout, to come out alongside the new movie.
  • Mass Effect trailer
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • Trailer of some kind for Criterion's new game, be it CG or ingame
  • sportssportssports

Bethesda having it's own conference pretty much guarantees your list for them...and it is making me pumped. Mayhaps we get a teaser for a new Wolfenstein also

Lakitu

st5fu
A cool thing about last year's E3 is that Sony fans got access to Battlefield: Hardline and Destiny alphas. And at Gamescom, the P.T. demo. Hope we get something similar this year.

if that Joe Montana 16 thread is not just total bullshit (big if), I guess Joe Montana 16 for Microsoft's conference is my prediction :v

FluxWaveZ

It would be smart if Persona 5 gets a 5-7 minute demo IMO, push that on the PS4 for the west. I'd imagine the PS3 version will sell 60-40 in favor of PS3 in Japan but it could be 70-30 for PS4 everywhere else if Sony pushes the PS4 version. Sony could really push the series to blow to a potential 2-2.5m if they brand it to the west.

I don't know if Persona is the type of series that demos well on a stage show. Or most JRPGs, really.

I don't know if Persona is the type of series that demos well on a stage show. Or most JRPGs, really.

On the other hand, it's the type of game that is trailer gold, so I could see it getting a nice 2 minute trailer. Maybe a tease of the localisation if we're lucky?

Wolfie5

I´ll just put my prediction/wishlist on games/stuff I think/hope/interested to see at E3:

1. Metroid U announced with trailer.
2. Fallout 4 announced with a trailer for release this year(I will be happy if it´s just announced.)
3. Zelda U trailer, demo, holiday 2015 release and the actual name. Zelda: Guardians of Hyrule or something :)
4. The Division actually turns out to be good(also, no downgrade) and will be released this fall.
5. New IPs.
6. Battlefront trailer and onstage demo at EA / Sonys conference, release end of October 2015.
7. VR stuff in general.
8. New Deux Ex game trailer and release window. Maybe this year.
9. Dishonored 2 trailer and release 2016.
10. Rise of theTomb Raider trailer and demo with release date.
11. God of War 4 teaser/trailer. Release 2016.
12. New Gears of War teaser/trailer. Release 2016.
13. Rainbow Six Siege trailer, demo and release this fall.
14. Star Fox trailer, demo and release date, most likely Aug/Sep.
15. Doom 4 trailer, release Spring 2016.
16. Quantum Break trailer and release window.
17. Halo 5 single player gameplay, onstage demo.
18. Titanfall 2 announced with single player mode(because it will sell more copies), coming 2016.
19. No price cut on PS4, won´t happen until at least November 2015. Also no more price cut on Xbox One.
20. Expecting a price cut on Wii U this year, might be at E3.

Didn´t make the list because it never happens. I am at a point where I don´t care if it happens or not anymore:
- Beyond Good and Evil 2
- The Last Guardian

I will be happy with E3 if Zelda U is released this year and/or Fallout 4 is announced. If Zelda is delayed, I kinda expect a "New Super Metroid" game for Wii U and N3DS coming this holiday.

Edit:
Forgot about Nintendo beyond 2015. I don´t think there will be any announcements on new handheld or home console at E3 this year. I fully expect successor to Wii U to be announced at E3 2016. New handheld might be revealed earlier in an another event or at the same time. New handheld might be released fall 2016 or spring 2017. New home console I expect fall 2017 latest, don´t think it will be later than that because of low sales.
Also, very curious if there will be any Nintendo software announcement, as well as how many there will be for 2016 and beyond. I think(?) almost all of their previous announcements for Wii U, will be released this year, right?

I didn't have any prediction for this E3 but after going into the Mario Party review thread I realized how much Nintendo Land (or any Wii Sport game) is better than recent Mario Party games.

Now I want a Nintendo Land 2... this seems an ok prediction. But I remembered that Nintendo said that Wii U could handle two Gamepads so... crazy prediction time !

Nintendo Land 2 announcement with two Gamepads support (comes with a Gamepad for 89$ or without for 29$) and available early december.
+ list of 2016 games compatible with it starting with Zombi 2 U (some are old games which are going to be patched, a few with a bonus 2 Gamepad mode)
+ Wii U update so people can play two different VC games on Gamepads

Boom ^^

Raxus

For a second there I thought you were replying to yourself.

My only predictions would be:

Assassin's Creed scripted demo to hide the bugs
Uncharted 4 new set piece, no date
Date for The Division (downgrade)
Zelda U gameplay
Starfox Gameplay
Last Guardian cancelled (well not showing up)
Some more footage of Mirror's Edge
Trailer for Mass Effect 4
Fallout 4
Titanfall 2...now we fixed it!
Halo 5 trailer and demo
Battlefront demo
Splatoon gameplay?
Dishonored 2
Demos for a bunch of games we already know about
Every conference outside of Bethesda and Nintendo will be excruciating to watch

Pie in the sky prediction:
MGR2
Silent Hills shown off, shaping up nicely

Can I just reiterate how The Last Guardian is not coming. Squash that hope now people.

Turkoop

Banned
My Hopes:
TLG - Yes I believe
Agent - YES I STILL BELIEVE
Division Release date + new gameplay without any donwgrade, ubisoft is back
New R* teasing in Sony's Briefing (Maybe new RDR or Bully 2)

JaseMath

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was truth to the Star Fox/Metroid rumor and will be revealed at E3.

zeroforty

Neo Member
Only the big two in this one

Microsoft:

-Strong emphasis on Halo 5 , stage time is strong with this one. Second MP Beta starting right now for all xbox live gold users.
-Details on Forza 6 plus trailer.
-Tomb Raider release date end of 2015. Pre-order for a free Tomb Raider 1 definitive edition.
-More Crackdown footage , not anything to write home about. 2016 release.
-Proper Scalebound trailer with gameplay. Looks promising , release 2016.
-Minecraft VR demo
-Battletoads reveal , realease 2015.
-GOW HD collection realease 2015 , teaser for the new GOW. Looks stunning.
-Some kind of COD teaser , meh.
-New mysterious JRPG teaser , only render. Probably 2017.
-Quantum Break to release early 2016

Sony:

Going ape shit.
-Uncharted 4 trailer and Uncharted HD collection to release 2015.
-FFXV trailer , release 2016.
-Until Dawn release september 2015
-Ninja Gaiden 1&2 Collection , fully remastered. Release 2015. Teaser for Ninja Gaiden 4 , looks promising.
-Shocking Shenmue 1&2 HD digital release , 2015.
-New Quantic Dream game reveal , looks graphically incredible. 2016 release. Beyond : Two Souls and Heavy Rain PS4 ports confirmed for end of 2015 release.
-Gaben reveals that Valve are working exclusively with Sony. Left 4 Dead 3 gameplay demo. No release date.
-Final Fantasy 7 Re-make reveal , showing different cut scenes fully remastered. Hearts exploding. 2017 release.
-At the end ,subtle The Last Guardian hint. Only black screen with some young boy narrating. Griffin scream at the end. Internet explodes.

BumRush

Realistically, I want a ME blowout. Mass Effect gameplay shown and a trilogy HD remaster announced with Holiday 15 release.

Hoping for / expecting:

• Fallout 4
  • Bloodborne DLC
  • GOW in a different Mythos

on top of the other "givens"

Vibranium

Banned
I don't think Dishonored 2 will be all that different. Why would it be? The first was really successful and received great reviews.

I just hope they don't punish people with bad endings if you go on the offensive again. Deus Ex doesn't.

I should be able to use powers and stealth kills without worrying about Chaos affecting the ending.

Auctopus

Battlefront coming along well ;)

a7ENltp.png

One of their playtesters said the words "Ship it. Boom. Done." ?

That tweet is showing a lot of cockiness from the DICE of last year who were humbly trying to do their best at such a well love franchise (and after BF4 MP fiasco).

FluxWaveZ

One of their playtesters said the words "Ship it. Boom. Done." ?

That tweet is showing a lot of cockiness from the DICE of last year who were humbly trying to do their best at such a well love franchise (and after BF4 MP fiasco).

The playtester in question wants to see the world burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom